Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1900 on: March 17, 2020, 02:24:58 am »
Hand sanitizer:

1c Aloe Vera gel
2/3 c. isopropyl alchohol (shine/everclear/vodka works in a pinch)
@roamer_1

You got that ratio all wrong.  Its 1 to 2

1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel
2/3 cup 91% isopropanol or everclear.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 02:31:01 am by Elderberry »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1901 on: March 17, 2020, 02:28:55 am »
RIGHT. Which is why hot likker works too.  :beer:

Yes.  I have a bottle of Everclear in the bar.  I was going to use it to soak some cherry bombs.  Much better results than using Vodka.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1903 on: March 17, 2020, 03:04:06 am »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1904 on: March 17, 2020, 03:06:08 am »
The election has been postponed by the Ohio Department of Health.

Official Election Day is now June 2nd.

This is a good thing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1905 on: March 17, 2020, 03:09:55 am »
That is the perfect font size for this unsourced breathless drivel.

Unsourced?

https://canadafreepress.com/members/1/SherZieve/160
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1906 on: March 17, 2020, 03:20:32 am »
Except ... the virus and the impact of China was known.  When the first cases started in the U.S., people should have taken some precautions that there might be a possibility that it could spread here and we could be on lockdown.  Buying a roll or two of xtra toilet paper and paper towels, is doable for most people. 

I've learned living in the hurricane belt you prepare ahead of time just in case.  Most here have been preparing for the past couple of weeks, but even at that the shelves are bare. Hand sanitizer is still not available.  Sanitizing wipes are also a rare commodity.  Toilet paper and paper towels are still flying off the shelves as well as food.

Amazon still has some paper towels and tp -- just not some of the big name brands.

Because, as I've said here before, the suburbanite worldview + lifestyle will be the death of us all.

Americans love to skate on thin ice then swoop in the last minute + think they can grab everything they need before its gone. Its almost like a game to some people.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1907 on: March 17, 2020, 03:28:08 am »
When I woke up
I was sure I was definitely going to die
Since I have looked Death in the face so many times
All I could do was to ask?
What do you have for me this time?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

« Reply #1908 on: March 17, 2020, 03:36:48 am »
Because, as I've said here before, the suburbanite worldview + lifestyle will be the death of us all.

Americans love to skate on thin ice then swoop in the last minute + think they can grab everything they need before its gone. Its almost like a game to some people.

They haven't known significant shortages of common items for any length of time before. Large parts of the rest of the world have.

Wasn't the last TP shortage in America caused by Johnny Carson?

« Reply #1909 on: March 17, 2020, 03:40:32 am »
Unsourced?

https://canadafreepress.com/members/1/SherZieve/160

Thank you for correcting me.  Unsourced is the wrong word "unproven", and "hysterical" are closer.  Is "unevidenced" better?

I am inartful tonight, but my point is you can't say "The Plan for the Internal Destruction of the USA was Way Too Easy" and "it, also, appears to be intentional." and offer nothing but a patent that mentions Coronavirus.  The coronavirus was discovered in the mid 1960s.

Do you find the article convincing @Hoodat ?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:42:05 am by Once-Ler »

Online DB

« Reply #1910 on: March 17, 2020, 03:45:54 am »
Thank you for correcting me.  Unsourced is the wrong word "unproven", and "hysterical" are closer.  Is "unevidenced" better?

I am inartful tonight, but my point is you can't say "The Plan for the Internal Destruction of the USA was Way Too Easy" and "it, also, appears to be intentional." and offer nothing but a patent that mentions Coronavirus.  The coronavirus was discovered in the mid 1960s.

Do you find the article convincing @Hoodat ?

Are you okay?

Online DB

« Reply #1911 on: March 17, 2020, 03:58:24 am »
Right. Especially about the mild case end of the spectrum, and the simple reality is that we will not ever know, because the mildest and milder cases won't get tested.

All we have to go on, then are the Chinese numbers, which are questionable, at best. Those, too, may provide a worst case scenario, or the Chinese may have been dropping like flies and getting cremated in pits. There is no way to tell.

What we do have as a profile, is that bar graph showing mortality by age group, and the understanding that virtually every death attributed to COVID-19 also involved other pulmonary, cardiac, or metabolic disorders (diabetes). If you are under 50, if you have no preexisting medical condition, your odds of being killed by this look to be slim.
As age goes up, or in the presence of underlying problems, your risk goes up.

Now, despite that, I ask you which group is being steered toward wholesale panic by the MSM, and why?

I think the answer becomes apparrent, especially considering the political polarization of the MSM, the ardent desire to have ANYTHING they can use against the incumbent in an election year where their candidates suck, and even the oft repeated mantras of how POTUS "didn't do anything", when, despite his orders, those whose job it was to follow those directives and get the job done have failed, not him. We're talking aobut people in bureaucratic polsitions who rose through the ranks over a span of years, in some cases, administrations, who suddenly, despite their alleged leadership in those positions have miserably failed to do what they were told. State Dept personnel and CDC personnel have dropped the ball on this, and somewhere in that mix, the FDA shares some of that.

I'm not playing thatpolitical game, and when the political hyperbole is stripped away, we have an unknown disease, considered very contagious, but at the same time, one which presents unknowns in terms of how serious it is overall in a given population.

THere are clusters where the disease has been relatively devastating, in Washington State Nursing homes, and in the North of Italy, but we don't have enough facts about the groups involved, mostly about those in Washington, universally older, and with preexisting medical problems. As for Italy, at one point the average age of victims was 81 years old, but the numbers have changed, more have died, and we really don't have much to go on, either in terms of knowing what care was available or utilized, nor the general health of the victims.

WHile it pays to be vigilant, to be careful to limit the spread of this, as much as we would say, the flu or other respiratory diseases, this isn't the time to be stripping store shelves, hiding behind our doors (although avoiding crowds may be prudent).

People can and will argue that if everyone stays home the disease won't spread (well, it will, just not as fast), but saying it didn't because of that, might not be entirely correct because mild cases may still continue through segments of the population with few symptoms, and symptoms of such low severity as to be pretty much ignored.

At that point, will the damage done by being overly cautious, even panicked, be more severe than the disease itself? I think so. But everyone needs to evaluate their own risks versus benefits, there, and act accordingly.

Why don't we consider screaming "FIRE!" in a crowded theater free speech (especially if there isn't a fire)?

Because more will die in the stampede for the exits than would have if they had left the theater in an orderly fashion, and definitely more than if there had been no fire at all.

So, in keeping with my general attitude toward this bug, let's calm down, get some useful stats, and consider what is indeed prudent against what might be excessive. We can always panic later.

For those so inclined, I am appalled at the apparent lack of Faith in The Almighty. Be calm. He knows what He is doing.

Thank you for the detailed response. I suspect we are mostly on the same page. It is where you draw the fuzzy line in the absence of reliable data - all of which will have serious consequences wherever it is drawn.

My ability to write well is sorely lacking so I don't express myself very well... I do try though...

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #1912 on: March 17, 2020, 04:07:49 am »
Making sure the IPA is the 91% formula.  The 40% won't work.

91% IPA is correct. On top of that, the formulation has to be 1/3 cup aloe (maybe a tiny bit short of that just to be safe) mixed with 2/3 cup of 91% IPA. The essential oils are only there to make it smell better.  FWIW,  91% IPA has been unavailable everywhere I have looked.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1913 on: March 17, 2020, 04:09:19 am »
91% IPA is correct. On top of that, the formulation has to be 1/3 cup aloe (maybe a tiny bit short of that just to be safe) mixed with 2/3 cup of 91% IPA. The essential oils are only there to make it smell better.  FWIW,  91% IPA has been unavailable everywhere I have looked.

True.  i used to find it pretty easily at Walgreens, but it has appeared that general public has caught on the home made hand sanitizer gig.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1914 on: March 17, 2020, 04:20:12 am »
  Commerce around the planet is ending due to a cold virus that appears to be—at its worst—less virulent than the [common] flu.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-plan-for-the-internal-destruction-of-the-usa-was-way-too-easy

This woman loses credibility saying something like this.  It's like saying, "This is how ignorant I am".

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1915 on: March 17, 2020, 04:34:52 am »
@roamer_1

You got that ratio all wrong.  Its 1 to 2

1/3 cup Aloe Vera gel
2/3 cup 91% isopropanol or everclear.

@Elderberry

Sorry if I did... It's what I have always done... Works for me  :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1916 on: March 17, 2020, 04:37:56 am »
Let's get a little more perspective on her opinion and worldview, rather than just one line.
From: https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-plan-for-the-internal-destruction-of-the-usa-was-way-too-easy

And, now the world is—quite literally—shutting down.  Commerce around the planet is ending due to a cold virus that appears to be—at its worst—less virulent than the [common] flu.  Humankind seems to have lost its mind and is, now, going along with its self-immolation.  It is, also, providing the globalists with what they have wanted for millennia…total control over humans.  And due to said humans going along with the charade and madness, the Luciferian Left are currently winning.  Folks, isn’t it time to chill out and calm down?  Haven’t we all had enough of this madness?  How long will it be for people to wake up to what’s really going on?  When a panic of this measure is activated, you/we can be certain that something far more insidious is being developed by our enemies—both foreign and domestic—in the shadows and we’re to self-absorbed to see it.  Above all, please remember the one who clears panic and uncertainty from our lives.

Travel restrictions are going up all over. The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 is one of a family of viruses that include viruses which cause the common cold. SO far, the flu is a more effective killer, but that might be because it got there first, or perhaps in spite of annual shots and tailored antivirals to eliminate it. Neither are done yet, so all the votes aren't counted, so to speak.
Yes, in the face of this virus, people are practically howling for restrictions they would not tolerate under other circumstances.

Even the death toll so far out of an estimated 330,000,000 people is less than 100--so far, that's 0.00003% (Yes, I know, that number will inevitably go up, the question is how much, and will it equal the number of people the flu sends home to The Almighty this year.)

As always, those with preexisting pulmonary conditions, heart conditions, diabetes, and other health issues are at greater risk of mortality. Those considered elderly are at greater risk also.

All that is really different about this bug is that we haven't dealt with this particular one before.

It really is not the time to go turning the contents of the underwear drawer into macrame projects.

Prudent measures have been taken to slow the progress of the disease.

Have a little Faith in The Almighty, and carry on.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1917 on: March 17, 2020, 05:00:06 am »

Have a little Faith in The Almighty, and carry on.

Absolutely.

Great post!
 :beer:

« Reply #1918 on: March 17, 2020, 05:14:30 am »
Are you okay?
My wife's a pain in the ass. She's always busting my friggin' agates. My daughter's married to a real loser bastard. And I got a rash so bad on my ass, I can't even sit down. But you know me. I can't complain.

« Reply #1919 on: March 17, 2020, 06:03:38 am »
https://nypost.com/2020/03/16/200-nurses-furloughed-in-new-york-and-connecticut-over-coronavirus-exposure/
200 nurses furloughed in New York, Connecticut over coronavirus exposure

Two hundred nurses employed by an interstate health system in New York and Connecticut have been out of work since potentially being exposed to coronavirus patients, a report said.

The health care workers from Nuvance Health will remain sidelined until they can obtain coronavirus tests to determine if they were infected, according to the Hartford Courant, citing Gov. Ned Lamont.

Lamont was discussing the dire situation at Danbury Hospital, which he said was “at capacity,” on MSNBC’s “All In With Chris Hayes” when he made the shocking revelation.

“Well I can tell you, Danbury Hospital is already at capacity. And they have 200 nurses on furlough because they were in contact,” Lamont told host Chris Hayes.

more at link

« Reply #1920 on: March 17, 2020, 06:11:06 am »

« Reply #1921 on: March 17, 2020, 06:55:55 am »
  Commerce around the planet is ending due to a cold virus that appears to be—at its worst—less virulent than the [common] flu.
https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-plan-for-the-internal-destruction-of-the-usa-was-way-too-easy

This woman loses credibility saying something like this.  It's like saying, "This is how ignorant I am".

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1239753697275584512

Erick Erickson @EWErickson

For the last several weeks, a number of well-educated people have been telling me that COVID-19 is not new and was actually patented in 2015.  "WTF?!" I thought.  So I went down the rabbit hole to figure it out.  Reminder, even smart people are stupid.

In 2015, Gilead Science patented a drug called remdesivir.  It was designed to fight Ebola, MERS, and other coronaviruses, according to the patent.

In January of 2020, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which is where a lot of people believe COVID-19 came from through an accidental release, filed a patent under an international patent treaty.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology waited until China had publicly admitted the extent of the epidemic, then claimed it might have found something.

It appears the Wuhan Institute of Virology stole the chemical composition of Gilead Science's drug and repackaged it as a potential cure or drug to use against COVID-19.

So Gilead Science had to update its patent in January to make clear remdesivir could be used in the treatment of COVID-19.

As a result, conspiracists saw Gilead's patent filing and presumed it had patented COVID-19 in 2015.  It had done no such thing.  But it had to preserve its legal claims when China tried to steal what it had developed.

That required updating its 2015 patent in 2020 and connecting its drug to COVID-19.  The conspiracy theorists latched on to that and started circulating Instagram videos, Facebook memes, and other social media postings claiming COVID-19 was patented in 2015.

10:21 PM · Mar 16, 2020

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1922 on: March 17, 2020, 09:28:50 am »

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/1239753697275584512

Erick Erickson @EWErickson

For the last several weeks, a number of well-educated people have been telling me that COVID-19 is not new and was actually patented in 2015.  "WTF?!" I thought.  So I went down the rabbit hole to figure it out.  Reminder, even smart people are stupid.

In 2015, Gilead Science patented a drug called remdesivir.  It was designed to fight Ebola, MERS, and other coronaviruses, according to the patent.

In January of 2020, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which is where a lot of people believe COVID-19 came from through an accidental release, filed a patent under an international patent treaty.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology waited until China had publicly admitted the extent of the epidemic, then claimed it might have found something.

It appears the Wuhan Institute of Virology stole the chemical composition of Gilead Science's drug and repackaged it as a potential cure or drug to use against COVID-19.

So Gilead Science had to update its patent in January to make clear remdesivir could be used in the treatment of COVID-19.

As a result, conspiracists saw Gilead's patent filing and presumed it had patented COVID-19 in 2015.  It had done no such thing.  But it had to preserve its legal claims when China tried to steal what it had developed.

That required updating its 2015 patent in 2020 and connecting its drug to COVID-19.  The conspiracy theorists latched on to that and started circulating Instagram videos, Facebook memes, and other social media postings claiming COVID-19 was patented in 2015.

10:21 PM · Mar 16, 2020

888high58888
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1923 on: March 17, 2020, 10:45:40 am »
I got an alert text last night that “Saturday Night Live” is being postponed indefinitely.

And I’m getting daily emails from places I go shopping in that they are closing their bricks and mortar stores but you can still order online.

Now I’m also getting emails from local grocery stores looking for seasonal help now for people to come in and restock shelves if they’ve been laid off and need extra money.

I feel bad for all the people who can’t work from home and need money. In my own apartment complex I’m seeing people leaving fliers under my door saying they’ll run errands for me if I can’t go out, or walk my dog. Babysitting. Anything for a little money.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1924 on: March 17, 2020, 10:52:42 am »
This is insane. I got a notification on my Fox News app about some actor I never heard of contracting corona.

If you’re a fan of “The Office”, he  was Michael’s boss and took an instant dislike to Jim Halpert.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:54:12 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️