Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1700 on: March 16, 2020, 12:11:37 am »
Just got a text from a family member

Stay calm and eat ice cream
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1701 on: March 16, 2020, 12:12:46 am »
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that events of 50 people or more not be held for about two months.
So much for Palm Sunday, Easter ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1702 on: March 16, 2020, 12:13:23 am »
@Gefn

Best advice I've heard yet. 

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #1703 on: March 16, 2020, 12:15:26 am »
@mountaineer
Thank you!

I believe the problem that has those in the know concerned is:

It is quite communicable, capable of living on surfaces for a relatively long time and it has a long incubation period during which the victim is contagious.   It is not highly fatal.   However neither was the Spanish Flu. I believe they are concerned about the ability and quite high possibility of it overwhelming our health care system.  At that point, people will be dying from a whole host of unrelated things.   

Couple this with the economic impact of the only way to prevent the above is social distancing and quarantining....there are no good options...only less bad and hoping that we can stall the spread
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:17:34 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1704 on: March 16, 2020, 12:19:09 am »
This is a slow-moving crisis, which buys us time to develop vaccines and anti-virals to attack it.
We actually already have antivirals. I mean, coronavirus as a broader class of virus is not new. The Chinese (take them for what their worth) say that chloroquine, a decades-old drug used to fight malaria, is effective against it.
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/17/c_138792545.htm

I'm not sure if anyone in America has even considered drug treatment for it yet.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

« Reply #1705 on: March 16, 2020, 12:21:13 am »
@mountaineer
Thank you!

I believe the problem that has those in the know concerned is:

It is quite communicable, capable of living on surfaces for a relatively long time and it has a long incubation period during which the victim is contagious.   It is not highly fatal.   However neither was the Spanish Flu. I believe they are concerned about the ability and quite high possibility of it overwhelming our health care system.  At that point, people will be dying from a whole host of unrelated things.   

Couple this with the economic impact of the only way to prevent the above is social distancing and quarantining....there are no good options...only less bad and hoping that we can stall the spread

If everything were shut down for about 3 weeks (I know that probably isn't possible) and this thing died in its tracks things could go back to normal much quicker. It is the slow burn that will cause massive economic damage.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 12:24:01 am by DB »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1706 on: March 16, 2020, 12:22:06 am »
@Gefn

Best advice I've heard yet.

I think it should be on a T-shirt!
@Applewood

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1707 on: March 16, 2020, 12:24:47 am »
We actually already have antivirals. I mean, coronavirus as a broader class of virus is not new. The Chinese (take them for what their worth) say that chloroquine, a decades-old drug used to fight malaria, is effective against it.

I'm not sure if anyone in America has even considered drug treatment for it yet.

That Doctor guy they have on FNC a lot said yesterday that it does respond to the existing anti-virals.  The problem is, once the severe pneumonia symptoms present it kills the patient too quickly for them to work. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1708 on: March 16, 2020, 12:25:58 am »

Yes, I only touched on it briefly, but the doctor in the video went through a list of current drugs that are being tried on coronavirus, including a couple of AIDS drugs and various other anti-virals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1709 on: March 16, 2020, 12:26:21 am »
Just got a text from a family member

Stay calm and eat ice cream

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Online corbe

« Reply #1711 on: March 16, 2020, 12:36:17 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #1712 on: March 16, 2020, 12:46:18 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #1713 on: March 16, 2020, 12:48:04 am »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1714 on: March 16, 2020, 12:52:44 am »

Are we talking 48 hours in the county detox, or are we talking 28-day Betty Ford Center treatment?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1715 on: March 16, 2020, 02:09:47 am »
More than 3,800 passengers on a cruise ship disembarked in Miami without screening for COVID-19, despite a previous traveler testing positive days earlier
Andrew Dunn

More than 3,800 passengers disembarked from a cruise ship in Miami on Sunday without any type of screening for illness or potential coronavirus infections, the Miami Herald reported Sunday.

"When I say there was no check, there was none whatsoever," one passenger told the Herald. "I expected us to have some kind of a screening. They didn't do a single thing. We walked straight off the ship. There wasn't any check on anyone for anything."

A previous passenger on that same ship, the MSC Meraviglia, disembarked on March 8 and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19.

https://www.businessinsider.com/miami-cruise-ship-disembarks-with-no-covid-19-testing-2020-3

It certainly seems like a stupid thing to do.... almost 4,000 people, beautiful ship, see link.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1716 on: March 16, 2020, 03:22:40 am »
Are we talking 48 hours in the county detox, or are we talking 28-day Betty Ford Center treatment?

I just got finished with a conference call to close our 12 Step meeting hall, to comply with both the federal CDC and state of CA.

(It has been in operation for 32 for 32 years.)

CA state ordered bars to close.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

« Reply #1717 on: March 16, 2020, 03:28:05 am »
I just got finished with a conference call to close our 12 Step meeting hall, to comply with both the federal CDC and state of CA.

(It has been in operation for 32 for 32 years.)

CA state ordered bars to close.

And the wineries and breweries were also ordered to close.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1718 on: March 16, 2020, 04:01:48 am »
I'll add, if you don't get much sun exposure vitamin D3 in high dosages is a big deal. I take 10,000 IU a day and it made a dramatic difference in how often I get sick and the severity. I'm allergic to the sun so I need a lot of D3...

My physican told me >5000 IU long term dosage of D3 (which is the max strength, which I use) is harmful.  He may be FOS, and your physican right, but that was what I was told. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1719 on: March 16, 2020, 04:09:34 am »
More at Sharyl Attkisson.com

Isn't that something? Nearly 44% of the deaths so far are in one nursing home.
I have been attempting to point out how ridiculous the panic is.

We have one case in this state, 150 miles from here, a 60+ guy who thought he might have been exposed by people who had it in another state, who limited his contacts, got tested and is staying home until he gets well.

There is no toilet paper to be had on the shelves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant, etc.
Grandkids who were visiting their oldest sister around the pool at a local Motel were kicked out en masse, because the desk clerk was wigging out about Coronavirus.

It's bloody stupid, if you ask me.

In the meantime, 16 people get killed (on average) per day in the US crossing the street, but no one is freaking over jaywalkers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #1720 on: March 16, 2020, 04:25:23 am »
My physican told me >5000 IU long term dosage of D3 (which is the max strength, which I use) is harmful.  He may be FOS, and your physican right, but that was what I was told.

My last blood test for D was mid range of normal which is all that really matters. My calcium level is also mid range of normal. So definitely not too much for me. It greatly depends on how much sun exposure you get. The typical 200 IU or 400 IU from a multivitamin is pretty useless.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-side-effects#1

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1721 on: March 16, 2020, 11:16:31 am »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1722 on: March 16, 2020, 12:00:45 pm »
I have been attempting to point out how ridiculous the panic is.

We have one case in this state, 150 miles from here, a 60+ guy who thought he might have been exposed by people who had it in another state, who limited his contacts, got tested and is staying home until he gets well.

There is no toilet paper to be had on the shelves, hand sanitizer, disinfectant, etc.
Grandkids who were visiting their oldest sister around the pool at a local Motel were kicked out en masse, because the desk clerk was wigging out about Coronavirus.

It's bloody stupid, if you ask me.

In the meantime, 16 people get killed (on average) per day in the US crossing the street, but no one is freaking over jaywalkers.
I don't mean to be flippant or racist about this, but... I blame the Italians. Not to minimize the real-world carnage going on there, but Italian culture is... well... dramatic.

Social media has allowed the Italians to blast their horror stories around the world, and now everyone's stumbling and panicking to avoid becoming the next Italy. Plus, so many of these containment/mitigation measures are being taken solely because everyone else is doing them, not whether they will actually help the situation.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1723 on: March 16, 2020, 12:04:26 pm »
I don't mean to be flippant or racist about this, but... I blame the Italians. Not to minimize the real-world carnage going on there, but Italian culture is... well... dramatic.

Social media has allowed the Italians to blast their horror stories around the world, and now everyone's stumbling and panicking to avoid becoming the next Italy. Plus, so many of these containment/mitigation measures are being taken solely because everyone else is doing them, not whether they will actually help the situation.

Italian people tend to be kissey, huggy, and whatever.  OTOH, my wife laughed when she heard the term social distancing.  She said I have been practicing that 40 years.  Unless you are related to me, I consider anyone getting witin 3 feet of myself, an intrusion of personal space. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1724 on: March 16, 2020, 12:17:32 pm »

Good news so far: the American trajectory for deaths so far is much closer to South Korea's than it is Europe's.

And, for the record, where we stand with the rest of the world with infection rates, in raw numbers: