Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79639 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1650 on: March 15, 2020, 06:02:44 pm »
It is better than how they are treated in Asia.

Slavery is alive and well in the 21st Century.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1651 on: March 15, 2020, 06:11:23 pm »
Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but...

If you are on prescription medication and get it from Canada,  make sure you have more than enough on hand and get refills ASAP if you don't.   

Reason I mention this:  A friend of mine gets a medication from a Canadian pharmacy supply company.  She waited too long and her shipment has been delayed.  So she's down o her last few pills and now she's scrambling trying to get a supply of this med here in the states.  The drugs provided by these supply companies may or may not come from Canada, but rather from other countries where there may be a problem in the supply chain, particularly if that country has been hard hit with this virus.

I noticed that the Canadian pharmacy company I use is not all that restrictive about refills as pharmacies are in the states.  For example, I get a 100 day supply of a med which I take once a day.  But unlike in the US, I can get a refill after 30 days.  Never had a problem.  So even if you think you have plenty on hand, put in your refill order as early as you can so you don't nun out.

That is all.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1652 on: March 15, 2020, 06:25:10 pm »

If you are on prescription medication and get it from Canada,  make sure you have more than enough on hand and get refills ASAP if you don't.   

Reason I mention this:  A friend of mine gets a medication from a Canadian pharmacy supply company.  She waited too long and her shipment has been delayed.  So she's down o her last few pills and now she's scrambling trying to get a supply of this med here in the states.  The drugs provided by these supply companies may or may not come from Canada, but rather from other countries where there may be a problem in the supply chain, particularly if that country has been hard hit with this virus.

I noticed that the Canadian pharmacy company I use is not all that restrictive about refills as pharmacies are in the states.  For example, I get a 100 day supply of a med which I take once a day.  But unlike in the US, I can get a refill after 30 days.  Never had a problem.  So even if you think you have plenty on hand, put in your refill order as early as you can so you don't nun out.

That is all.

I'll add that the guidelines for prescribing medications were altered in one of the Trump EOs, to allow Doctors to prescribe the extra refills.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1653 on: March 15, 2020, 06:33:45 pm »
I'll add that the guidelines for prescribing medications were altered in one of the Trump EOs, to allow Doctors to prescribe the extra refills.

Thank you @Cyber Liberty for that info.  Didn't know.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1654 on: March 15, 2020, 06:40:46 pm »
Thank you @Cyber Liberty for that info.  Didn't know.

The need to stock up really ran into a wall when dealing with drugs they've been on a crusade to crush, namely Opioids.  People need those, too.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1655 on: March 15, 2020, 06:43:46 pm »
I only recently became aware of a 2011 film named "Contagion":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contagion_(2011_film)

It can easily be "scrounged up on the net" if you know what to do.
Search for "torrent contagion 2011 1080p" and you should get the good hits.
(but then again, this ol' Mac wizard can get just about anything there is to be gotten...)

I watched it last night
It is VERY relevant to the situation that is happening in real life right now.
Life is imitating art...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:29:47 pm by Fishrrman »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1656 on: March 15, 2020, 06:52:42 pm »
Another one to watch would be Containment on Netflix

https://www.netflix.com/title/80066079

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1657 on: March 15, 2020, 06:59:01 pm »
If you have time, check out Steven King's The Stand series.  It is broken up into four 2-hr segments.  It stars Molly Ringwald, Gary Sinise, Ray Walston, Rob Lowe, Adam Storke, Ossie Davis, Jamey Sheridan, Miguel Ferrer, etc.

It doesn't as much deal with the virus itself, but the aftermath.  Classic struggle between good and evil.  For entertainment purposes only.  Not to be taken seriously.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1658 on: March 15, 2020, 07:00:43 pm »
If you have time, check out Steven King's The Stand series.  It is broken up into four 2-hr segments.  It stars Molly Ringwald, Gary Sinise, Ray Walston, Rob Lowe, Adam Storke, Ossie Davis, Jamey Sheridan, Miguel Ferrer, etc.

It doesn't as much deal with the virus itself, but the aftermath.  Classic struggle between good and evil.  For entertainment purposes only.  Not to be taken seriously.

It was a good mini-series, yes.  But M - O - O - N  ... that spells "the book is even better"!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1659 on: March 15, 2020, 07:05:29 pm »
Coronavirus World Map - kind of interesting
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

You could do this same map about just about anything, colds, flu, gonorrhea, herpes,...anything.
It is a national/global thing for real, I am just not buying into it in the way some people are.
BTW ... toilet paper does not cure covid-19. Call me a skeptic.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1660 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:05 pm »

Ray Walston?  I'm there!  I love Uncle Martin!
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1661 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:57 pm »
It was a good mini-series, yes.  But M - O - O - N  ... that spells "the book is even better"!

Exactly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #1662 on: March 15, 2020, 07:14:31 pm »

That went over my head... What is "M - O - O - N"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1663 on: March 15, 2020, 07:15:37 pm »
Mine too.  I got the book last week for my Kindle.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1664 on: March 15, 2020, 07:18:59 pm »

Gotta see/read it to find out.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1665 on: March 15, 2020, 07:25:46 pm »
NEW: The first 62 U.S. coronavirus deaths by state and age
March 15, 2020 by Sharyl Attkisson

Note: the numbers change quickly. These figures are current as of March 15, 2020. Visit CDC.gov for the latest government information.

* 65% of U.S. deaths were in Washington State
   * 27 of total 62 U.S. deaths occurred at the same Washington State nursing home

More at Sharyl Attkisson.com

Isn't that something? Nearly 44% of the deaths so far are in one nursing home.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:32:54 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1666 on: March 15, 2020, 07:31:53 pm »
Ray Walston?  I'm there!  I love Uncle Martin!
Mr Hand was one of the best.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1667 on: March 15, 2020, 07:34:34 pm »
The need to stock up really ran into a wall when dealing with drugs they've been on a crusade to crush, namely Opioids.  People need those, too.

Indeed.  Leave it to our federal government to screw things up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1668 on: March 15, 2020, 07:53:31 pm »
More at Sharyl Attkisson.com

Isn't that something? Nearly 44% of the deaths so far are in one nursing home.

That just goes to show you can't make statistics-based decisions on ridiculously small data populations.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1669 on: March 15, 2020, 07:59:14 pm »
Mr Hand was one of the best.

One of my favorite lines from that movie:  "I've been documenting how much time you've wasted in my class, and it's about four hours, a very conservative estimate!  So, I decided to come over to your house and take up your time to study with you for tomorrow's Final Exam."  "I don't have my book, Mr. hand!"  "That's OK, I took the liberty of procuring an extra copy!  So, turn to page...."
I will NOT comply.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1670 on: March 15, 2020, 08:14:35 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1671 on: March 15, 2020, 08:18:40 pm »
I am NOT. I am not bootlegging bathtub
hand sanitizer behind the dumpster next to the Popeyes Chicken place.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1672 on: March 15, 2020, 08:30:38 pm »
NJ, so we know to pray for everyone, especially those who might be in "hotter" zones at the moment.

Coronavirus: Doctor who heads emergency preparedness at Paterson hospital tests positive
Terrence T. McDonald, NorthJersey.com

The doctor in charge of emergency preparedness at St. Joseph’s University Medical Center in Paterson has tested positive for coronavirus and is in critical condition.

Dr. James Pruden, a Teaneck resident and a beloved fixture at St. Joseph's since 1982, was admitted to the hospital on March 6 with upper respiratory problems and cold-like symptoms and remains in isolation in its intensive care unit, according to St. Joseph’s Health President Kevin Slavin.

Pruden, 70, spoke to NorthJersey.com just last week about the hospital's preparation for coronavirus cases, saying St. Joseph's staff is "well-trained to use all of the tools and techniques to effectively manage potential cases." Pruden helped lead the hospital through a swine flu outbreak in 2009 and prepared it for an Ebola scare in 2014.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-doctor-who-heads-emergency-preparedness-at-paterson-hospital-tests-positive/ar-BB11a2Uh
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:32:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1673 on: March 15, 2020, 08:35:00 pm »

That is all.

In Venezuela, with their totally collapsed healthcare system, sometimes people take to twitter to find a drug. We can hope it doesn't get that bad.

Also, as I've already heard, truckers are being able to expand their regulatory delivery hours, if others are not working, truckers may be delivering goods, it's frightening to think of almost, there are real necessities in medicines and the like aside from the talk on lysol and so on.

Offline DB

« Reply #1674 on: March 15, 2020, 08:47:19 pm »
NJ, so we know to pray for everyone, especially those who might be in "hotter" zones at the moment.

And would have the flu done this to him. It seems pretty unlikely. Which is why I think this is different.