Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1600 on: March 15, 2020, 12:57:18 am »
Trump tests negative for coronavirus, doctor says

NY Post 3/14/2020

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/trump-tests-negative-for-coronavirus-doctor-says/

President Donald Trump has tested negative for the new coronavirus, according to the president’s personal physician.

The White House released the test results Saturday night after Trump told reporters hours earlier that he had taken the coronavirus test, following days of resisting being screened despite the fact that he had been in recent contact with three people who have tested positive for the virus, including members of the Brazilian president’s delegation who visited with him at his Florida resort.

“One week after having dinner with the Brazilian delegation in Mar-a-Lago, the President remains symptom-free,” Sean Conley, the president’s physician, said in a memo.

More at link.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1601 on: March 15, 2020, 01:10:24 am »
Trump tests negative for coronavirus, doctor says

NY Post 3/14/2020

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/trump-tests-negative-for-coronavirus-doctor-says/

Toby Morton @tobymorton

“I have the best results. Extremely negative. The most negative they’ve ever seen. Some are saying I have reverse CoronaVirus. I’ll be used to develop a vaccine. Maybe by tomorrow, I dunno. Very big words though.”

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1602 on: March 15, 2020, 01:15:35 am »
I am sure that news disappointed our fine media.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1603 on: March 15, 2020, 01:20:05 am »
Thanks for the info.  One thing that S. Korea is doing -- people ARE wearing masks.  So the CDC was wrong to tell people not to wear masks. If I recall correctly, today it was mentioned during the press conference that companies will be making 30 million masks a month.  So -- hopefully, in time people will have masks to protect them.  Unfortunately, the masks I purchased a couple of years ago expired -- I had no idea that there was an expiration date on them.  Haven't heard from @Victoria33  in awhile -- something she may be able to clarify.  Would wearing an expired mask be better than nothing??
@libertybele

I have:
20 N95
50 Surgical Masks with Face Guard
25 Full Face Shields
Had them a long time stored in room temperature - they are fine.

Consider the rest in "Quotes"
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/release-stockpiled-N95.html

Considerations to inform product release decisions
A study to evaluate stockpiled N95s from 10 geographically dispersed facilities with a range of storage conditions is underway by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). This study includes data from 11 different N95 models. Ten reports detailing the performance results of respirators sampled from these 10 facilities are available on the NIOSH webpage. All N95 units evaluated in this study were manufactured between 2003 and 2013. Many have exceeded their manufacturer-designated shelf life. Testing was done in accordance with NIOSH performance standards for filtration efficiency and inhalation/exhalation resistance. Additional work to assess N95 fit testing is also included in the study, although a fit assessment is not a requirement for NIOSH approval of N95s.

Based on preliminary information gained in this study, many models have continued to perform in accordance with NIOSH performance standards. Accordingly, CDC/NIOSH believes the following products, despite being past their manufacturer-designated shelf life, should provide the expected level of protection to the user if the stockpile conditions have generally been in accordance with the manufacturer-recommended storage conditions and an OSHA-compliant respiratory protection program is used by employers. In alphabetical order, these models are:
3M 1860
3M 1870
3M 8210
3M 9010
3M 8000
Gerson 1730
Medline/Alpha Protech NON27501
Moldex 1512
Moldex 2201

Summary
N95s that are past their manufacturer-designated shelf life are no longer considered NIOSH-approved, as all manufacturer-designated conditions of use must be met to maintain the NIOSH approval.
In times of increased demand and decreased supply, consideration can be made to use the N95s listed above past their manufacturer-designated shelf life when responding to COVID-19.
This preliminary information from the NIOSH study suggests certain N95 models beyond their manufacturer-designated shelf life[ii] will be protective. CDC recommends that N95s that have exceeded their manufacturer-designated shelf life should be used only as outlined in the Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators.
Ten reports detailing the performance results of respirators sampled from ten stockpile facilities are available on the NIOSH webpage

Firm conclusions cannot be drawn for stockpiled N95 models beyond those tested in this study; however, the 3M 1860S is a smaller version of the 3M 1860, constructed from the same materials, and is expected to perform in the same manner. The 3M 8000 is no longer produced; however, it should still be effective at protecting workers if the straps are intact and there are no visible signs of damage. While it performed favorably when evaluated against the NIOSH approval requirements, it is no longer supported by the manufacturer (i.e., user instructions, donning instructions, etc. are no longer available).

The Kimberly-Clark 46827 (size small) and Kimberly-Clark 46727 (size regular) may not provide the expected level of protection to the wearer when past their manufacturer-designated shelf life of 5 years. In June 2018, Kimberly Clark issued a letter to customers regarding these models, reminding them that they should be disposed of if beyond their shelf life, regardless of whether a shelf life is designated on the product label/packaging. It is important to note that the results of this study are for stockpiled N95s which have undergone long-term storage and have exceeded any manufacturer-designated shelf life. These results are not an indication of this product’s performance when purchased new for (1) just-in-time use or (2) routine use.
CDC/NIOSH Recommendations

In times of increased demand and decreased supply, consideration can be given to use the N95s listed above past their manufacturer-designated shelf life when responding to COVID-19. Although this preliminary information from the NIOSH study suggests certain N95 models beyond their manufacturer-designated shelf life[ii] will be protective, CDC recommends that N95s that have exceeded their manufacturer-designated shelf life should be used only as outlined in the Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators.

The respirators exceeding their manufacturer-designated shelf life are only being released due to the potential urgent demand caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency. In the face of this emergency, the U.S. Government believes that the respirators beyond their manufacturer-designated shelf life should provide greater respiratory protection than surgical masks (i.e., medical masks) alone, improvised mouth and nose covers (e.g., bandanas), or no protection at all. Please note that surgical N95s are normally tested for fluid resistance and flammability. These requirements were not evaluated in this study. CDC does not recommend using N95s beyond the manufacturer-designated shelf life in surgical settings.
Prior to using these expired respirators, consideration should be given to acquiring other NIOSH-approved respirators including all types of filtering facepiece respirators, elastomeric respirators, or powered air purifying respirators as described in the Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators. This recommendation is made because healthcare services are essential and must continue in the face of the COVID-19 outbreak. Users of N95s that have exceeded the manufacturer-designated shelf life should be notified before their use and the importance of inspection and user seal checks should be reemphasized.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1604 on: March 15, 2020, 01:22:53 am »
Toby Morton @tobymorton

“I have the best results. Extremely negative. The most negative they’ve ever seen. Some are saying I have reverse CoronaVirus. I’ll be used to develop a vaccine. Maybe by tomorrow, I dunno. Very big words though.”

I concur
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #1605 on: March 15, 2020, 01:26:32 am »
Here is another Trump-hater spreading panic.

Newt Gingrich: I Am in Italy Amid the Coronavirus Crisis. America Must Act Now—And Act Big
https://www.newsweek.com/newt-gingrich-i-am-italy-amid-coronavirus-crisis-america-must-act-now-act-big-opinion-1492270

The COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic poses two threats: public health and economic.

I am living in Italy, where my wife, Callista, is the ambassador to the Holy See.

I have watched first-hand as the Italian government has worked hard to contain the coronavirus by imposing strong public health measures to try to get the epidemic under control. These measures will lead to significant economic challenges.

As I write:

All schools are closed in all of Italy.
    All churches are closed (including St. Peter's Basilica).
    All weddings and funerals are postponed.
    All restaurants are closed.
    In fact, all stores except grocery stores and pharmacies are closed.
    People are urged to work from home unless they work in special designated factories

The streets are almost empty.

These steps are not an overreaction. The coronavirus is out of control of in Northern Italy. As of 6 p.m. local/1 p.m. EST on March 10, there were 15,113 total cases in Italy, with 12,839 active cases, 1,016 deaths and 1,258 recoveries. And there were 162 total cases here in Rome.

More Fake News/DNC/NeverTrumper talking points at link

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1606 on: March 15, 2020, 02:20:17 am »
@libertybele

I have:
20 N95
50 Surgical Masks with Face Guard
25 Full Face Shields
Had them a long time stored in room temperature - they are fine.

Thank you @Victoria33   the information is very helpful.  I just wished I had purchased more.  I don't think the time has come yet that I need to wear one, but I am thankful that I have the few on hand that I do.

My county just announced that a testing site not too far from here will be opening Monday afternoon.  A doctor's order will need to be issued and an appointment set.  You drive up, have your nose swabbed and they then will send the sample off to the lab. The results should be available in 3-5 days.

We live in very uncertain and scary times.

Tomorrow is national prayer day.  There is always hope that our nation will have minimal suffering from this.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1607 on: March 15, 2020, 02:30:48 am »
Noot:  I am living in Italy, where my wife, Callista, is the ambassador to the Holy See.

This marks the first time in 40 years that Noot hasn't lived inside the Beltway.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #1608 on: March 15, 2020, 02:43:17 am »
Thank you @Victoria33   the information is very helpful.  I just wished I had purchased more.  I don't think the time has come yet that I need to wear one, but I am thankful that I have the few on hand that I do.   My county just announced that a testing site not too far from here will be opening Monday afternoon.  A doctor's order will need to be issued and an appointment set.  You drive up, have your nose swabbed and they then will send the sample off to the lab. The results should be available in 3-5 days.   We live in very uncertain and scary times.
Tomorrow is national prayer day.  There is always hope that our nation will have minimal suffering from this.
@libertybele

About the masks I have:  We are giving some away to friends who are also older.  I think everyone here knows I am 86 and Bob is 85.  I am not leaving the house - but I can't go anywhere anyway since my right knee has collapsed.  I have to have the knee replaced with a metal one as soon as the virus is under control - surgeon doesn't want to do it until then.

If you have never been tested for flu, this is what happens and it is not fun (I had it done one or two years ago)
Nurse has two swabs, each about 6+ inches long with cotton ball on the end.  She shoves the swab up your nose and doesn't stop until the swab will not go any further - it hits the wall where the canal is leading to your throat/esophagus.  Then, she twirls it around for about 5 seconds, then pulls it out and does the same with the other swab and other nostril.  It is really uncomfortable. I did not have the flu that time.

Since I now have the time, am writing an essay, "Second Coming of Christ, Eternal Life, Heaven". Am doing my research now. 

I hope you stay well,
Victoria33

« Reply #1609 on: March 15, 2020, 02:45:13 am »
What is the rush here?  They are both still in quarantine, and showing NO SYMPTOMS.  It's not like they are going anywhere.  There is still time to test them before they leave.  In the meantime, they should be grateful that they are showing no signs of the disease.  They should be giving thanks to G-d instead of bitching about why two perfectly healthy individuals haven't been given a test while those who really are sick are diverting the attention of health care workers away from them.

Friday night President Trump and his doctor said he didn't need to be tested.  Sat afternoon they want me to believe the test came back negative.   Shoulda' donated some money to Trump if you wanna get noticed Salli.  You're not important, so just sit down in your box and shut-up while the President saves those of us who will live.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1610 on: March 15, 2020, 02:56:16 am »
Holy Cow! As Harry Caray would say.... you all heard,  at the White House, they didn't let in a journalist because he had a temperature?? Right? Who was the journalist?

Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
·
A "journalist" from a channel that is controlled by communist China tried to come into the White House today with a fever. It’s entirely fair to wonder what the hell is going on here and for agents to ask some serious questions.

Kelly O'Donnell
@KellyO
Journalist turned away after temperature screening.   His organization appears to be CGTN an English language channel that is Chinese owned.

https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1238977219290112002

Anyone can find CGTN on youtube, Chinese Global Television Network... so, a bit strange....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1611 on: March 15, 2020, 03:18:42 am »
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
NEW: Teaneck, New Jersey, mayor asks all residents to self-quarantine and to only leave their home for food or medicine - WABC
5:47 PM · Mar 14, 2020·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1238960074476961792

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1612 on: March 15, 2020, 03:38:28 am »
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
NEW: Hoboken, New Jersey announces daily 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew in effort to stop coronavirus

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1239031543311597568

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1613 on: March 15, 2020, 11:35:01 am »

Now is the time for social distancing, before the disease gets 'completely out of control' - CBC

If your are going to stoke the fires of this panic, at least get the Agency acronym spelling right.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1614 on: March 15, 2020, 12:18:01 pm »
Corona Is Slowing Down, Humanity Will Survive, Says Biophysicist Michael Levitt

When Levitt started analyzing the data on February 1, Hubei had 1,800 new cases each day and within six days this number reached 4,700, he said. “And then, on February 7, the number of new infections started to drop linearly and did not stop. A week later, the same happened with the number of the deaths. This dramatic change in the curve marked the median point and enabled better prediction of when the pandemic will end. Based on that, I concluded that the situation in all of China will improve within two weeks. And, indeed, now there are very few new infection cases.”

Initially, Levitt said, every coronavirus patient in China infected on average 2.2 people a day—spelling exponential growth that can only lead to disaster. “But then it started dropping, and the number of new daily infections is now close to zero.” He compared it to interest rates again: “even if the interest rate keeps dropping, you still make money. The sum you invested does not lessen, it just grows more slowly. When discussing diseases, it frightens people a lot because they keep hearing about new cases every day. But the fact that the infection rate is slowing down means the end of the pandemic is near.”

There are several reasons for this, according to Levitt. “In exponential growth models, you assume that new people can be infected every day, because you keep meeting new people. But, if you consider your own social circle, you basically meet the same people every day. You can meet new people on public transportation, for example; but even on the bus, after some time most passengers will either be infected or immune.”

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/articles/0,7340,L-3800632,00.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1615 on: March 15, 2020, 12:58:08 pm »
If your are going to stoke the fires of this panic, at least get the Agency acronym spelling right.  :cool:

CBC, Canadian Broadcasting Company, ever hear of them??

So, w-r-o-n-g.

And by the way, your accusation of people being alarmist, "stoke the fires of this panic", is just quelling free speech. This is the news so yes, that is a personal attack. People should be informed.

Now, discuss the issues instead of each other.  This is tiresome.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1616 on: March 15, 2020, 01:01:21 pm »
Did a little reading this morning looking for figures on the number of flu deaths in the US so far vs, the number of coronavirus deaths.  Flu deaths still far and away exceeds the number of coronavirus deaths. 

Coronavirus updates: Trump tests negative, 20 states close all schools, US death toll hits 50

At least 50 people have died in the U.S., where there have been more than 2,100 confirmed cases of the virus.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2020/03/14/coronavirus-updates-trump-may-get-tested-house-passes-relief-bill/5032571002/

Three new flu deaths in Connecticut

Nationally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that so far this season there have been at least 34 million flu illnesses, 350,000 hospitalizations and 20,000 flu-associated deaths.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=flu+deaths+2020+usa&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&plvar=0&refig=9d11fa86236d4a189dd33cc663e7a708&PC=DCTS&sp=-1&pq=flu+deaths+2020+usa&sc=5-19&qs=n&sk=&cvid=9d11fa86236d4a189dd33cc663e7a708

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1617 on: March 15, 2020, 01:19:10 pm »
CBC, Canadian Broadcasting Company, ever hear of them??

So, w-r-o-n-g.

And by the way, your accusation of people being alarmist, "stoke the fires of this panic", is just quelling free speech. This is the news so yes, that is a personal attack. People should be informed.

Now, discuss the issues instead of each other.  This is tiresome.

You are citing a MSM broadcast network for intelligent information about dealing with this?  The CBC?   HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!   You have gone off the rails.  Do this site a favor and resign as moderator.   Moderators are supposed to be above the fray.  You just make it worse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #1618 on: March 15, 2020, 01:29:36 pm »
Please limit conversation on this thread to news about the virus. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

« Reply #1619 on: March 15, 2020, 02:24:03 pm »

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1239183395751591947
Aaron Blake @AaronBlake
Mnuchin on Trump's Wednesday address: "I don’t think he got things wrong at all.”

@jonkarl
 notes Trump was most definitely wrong when he said trade was halted.

Mnuchin: “We were very clear that people misinterpreted the comment on cargo.”

Gaslighting.

How embarrassing.  When the President announced we were banning cargo, I misinterpreted that we banning cargo.  Sorry. My bad.

Deep State Space Force @hillmikedc
23m
Replying to @AaronBlake and @jonkarl

Abasing yourself to own the libs.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:29:46 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1620 on: March 15, 2020, 02:37:42 pm »

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1239183395751591947
How embarrassing.  When the President announced we were banning cargo, I misinterpreted that we banning cargo.  Sorry. My bad.

Trump already clarified his remarks:

Hoping to get the payroll tax cut approved by both Republicans and Democrats, and please remember, very important for all countries & businesses to know that trade will in no way be affected by the 30-day restriction on travel from Europe. The restriction stops people not goods.”
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #1622 on: March 15, 2020, 02:48:04 pm »
Trump already clarified his remarks:

Hoping to get the payroll tax cut approved by both Republicans and Democrats, and please remember, very important for all countries & businesses to know that trade will in no way be affected by the 30-day restriction on travel from Europe. The restriction stops people not goods.”

Yes.  That would indicate that Mnuchin was lying though his teeth this morning, and the President did in fact misspeak requiring a clarification.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1623 on: March 15, 2020, 02:52:18 pm »
You are citing a MSM broadcast network for intelligent information about dealing with this?  The CBC?   HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!   You have gone off the rails.  Do this site a favor and resign as moderator.   Moderators are supposed to be above the fray.  You just make it worse.

@catfish1957

@TomSea is an excellent Moderator, whom we rely upon pretty heavily when there are big international stories.  He is indispensable for World News stories, as people both interested and knowledgeable in foreign affairs are hard to come by.

Tom has our support, and we stand behind his decisions.

That is all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1624 on: March 15, 2020, 03:19:44 pm »
Did anyone read anything a couple of weeks back about flaws with CDC test kits?  My apologies if I missed this discussion earlier.

Kit glitch slows coronavirus tests for Georgia and other states

Helena Oliviero, AJC     |     Feb 27, 2020

As coronavirus continues to spread around the globe, the Georgia Department of Public Health is facing a major glitch in testing for the outbreak.

The Georgia Public Health Lab recently received a diagnostic kit from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to test for the virus. Like those sent to other states, a flaw in the kits made them unusable.

This means all testing must be done at the CDC, slowing efforts across the U.S. to track the movement of COVID-19, as the virus is known officially.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional/kit-glitch-slows-coronavirus-tests-for-georgia-and-other-states/eFjPG34LFClPYRg2FoKEEI/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-