Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79645 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1500 on: March 13, 2020, 10:36:43 pm »
Just got back from Wal-mart.  No bread.  No water.  No soup.  No canned tomatoes.  No TP.  No iso-propanol.  And NO VITAMIN-C !!!!!

Made another stop at Kroger.  Was able to score milk, eggs, bread, and vitamin C, but they were about to run out of all of them.  Looks like panic has hit Metro Atlanta.
I went to Kroger today and got everything on my list - but tp, canned soup, water, etc., were not on my list in the first place. The tp shelves were empty; I didn't think to look for those other items.

I did manage to get Corona beer (and dress a bottle up as Dr. Corona), as my new profile pic indicates.  :beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1501 on: March 13, 2020, 10:43:48 pm »
I went to Kroger today and got everything on my list - but tp, canned soup, water, etc., were not on my list in the first place. The tp shelves were empty; I didn't think to look for those other items.

I did manage to get Corona beer (and dress a bottle up as Dr. Corona), as my new profile pic indicates.  :beer:
You guys must live on a different planet than me.
I just asked my sister/wife if we need some toilet paper?
She said, What is toilet paper? I don't know.
Better cook that squirrel before he goes bad.
Goddamm White people is crazy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1502 on: March 13, 2020, 10:47:15 pm »
Our house is pretty much surrounded by woods. There are plenty of leaves. We don't need no steekin' toilet paper.

Offline DB

« Reply #1503 on: March 13, 2020, 11:03:42 pm »
You guys must live on a different planet than me.
I just asked my sister/wife if we need some toilet paper?
She said, What is toilet paper? I don't know.
Better cook that squirrel before he goes bad.
Goddamm White people is crazy.

sister/wife?

Same person?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #1504 on: March 13, 2020, 11:07:20 pm »
Our house is pretty much surrounded by woods. There are plenty of leaves. We don't need no steekin' toilet paper.

I have a shower, I'm good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1505 on: March 13, 2020, 11:10:06 pm »
Big run on Lysol too .

A home goods store had it up front yesterday, today, all gone.

Offline DB

« Reply #1506 on: March 13, 2020, 11:12:39 pm »

You probably have a cat too.

Self cleaning...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1507 on: March 13, 2020, 11:17:33 pm »

Self cleaning...
Nope, no pets.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1508 on: March 13, 2020, 11:18:59 pm »

Self cleaning...

Reminds me of a story about a bear and a rabbit who were in the woods taking a dump.  The bear looked over at the rabbit and said, "Say there, Rabbit.  Do you ever have a problem with poop sticking to your fur?"  The rabbit replied, "Why no, not at all, Mr. Bear."  So the bear reached over, scooped up the rabbit, and wiped his butt with him.

True story.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1509 on: March 13, 2020, 11:23:56 pm »
President Trump wanted to postpone the Olympics due to coronavirus but Japan said no deal

American Military News by   Chris Ryan - NJ Advance Media Group March 13, 2020

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/03/president-trump-wanted-to-postpone-the-olympics-due-to-coronavirus-but-japan-said-no-deal/

While speaking to reporters at the White House on Thursday, President Donald Trump proposed pushing the 2020 Summer Olympics back one year due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The Olympics are schedule to be hosted by Japan this summer.

“I just can’t see having no people there. In other words, not allowing people,” Trump said on Thursday. “Maybe, and this is just my idea, maybe they postpone it for a year.”

However, Japan’s Olympic Minister, Seiko Hashimoto, shot down that idea.

“The IOC and the organizing committee are not considering cancellation or a postponement — absolutely not at all,” Hashimoto said, according to USA TODAY.

More at link.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1510 on: March 14, 2020, 12:13:18 am »
sister/wife?

Same person?
I never asked.
But in the big ball of everything being everything
does it matter that I consider my sister to be
Whammah Jammah as a polite question.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #1511 on: March 14, 2020, 12:44:39 am »
Done and Done.
I'm behind the dumpster, next to the PopEyes Chicken place.
Don't be late.

'and bring the stuff' you know what i need.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1512 on: March 14, 2020, 12:46:04 am »
Installed this today

Don't need no toilet paper!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1513 on: March 14, 2020, 01:00:21 am »
Well, since we've touched on the subject of tp ---  (quite frankly I'm hoping that tp production will be ramped up before we run out)  Corn husks?  So, tell me what then do yo do with the 'used' corn husk?  Throw it into an empty field might be an option, but those that don't have a convenient empty field near by ... throwing it in the garbage sounds like a disease spreading disaster just waiting to happen.

15 Ways To Wipe Your Butt When The Toilet Paper Is Gone

https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ways-to-wipe-your-butt-when-the-toilet-paper-is-gone/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1514 on: March 14, 2020, 01:14:27 am »
Installed this today

Don't need no toilet paper!

This takes a bit longer, but it is portable.  (And it works on your teeth, too)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:15:38 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

« Reply #1515 on: March 14, 2020, 01:51:17 am »
Well, since we've touched on the subject of tp ---  (quite frankly I'm hoping that tp production will be ramped up before we run out)  Corn husks?  So, tell me what then do yo do with the 'used' corn husk?  Throw it into an empty field might be an option, but those that don't have a convenient empty field near by ... throwing it in the garbage sounds like a disease spreading disaster just waiting to happen.

15 Ways To Wipe Your Butt When The Toilet Paper Is Gone

https://urbansurvivalsite.com/ways-to-wipe-your-butt-when-the-toilet-paper-is-gone/

What a wimp. @corbe  uses pine cones when he wants to feel extra fresh.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 01:52:04 am by DB »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1516 on: March 14, 2020, 01:55:45 am »
I don't know how this all works but the government may have lifted some "trucking restrictions", talking about hours and all of that, so those goods, lysol or whatever will be on the way.

This really should be for some more serious discussion, this isn't comedy central.

Online corbe

« Reply #1517 on: March 14, 2020, 01:57:44 am »
What a wimp. @corbe  uses pine cones when he wants to feel extra fresh.

I know this to be rumored about me @DB but I am down to just 2 rolls of TP and am not worried, proving once again that quite a few Briefers are wrong, I am not full of $hit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #1518 on: March 14, 2020, 01:57:50 am »
A serious thread needs a little levity from time to time.

Online corbe

« Reply #1519 on: March 14, 2020, 02:07:28 am »

$hit, now I'm really depressed.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1520 on: March 14, 2020, 02:09:23 am »
Davey Crockett toilet paper

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1521 on: March 14, 2020, 02:12:50 am »
A serious thread needs a little levity from time to time.

I agree but as you say "a little"... this has been on all day, I'm not judging anyone here, understand that.

I do think some people may find the topic important though, at the same time and maybe some people might be looking in to see what's happening.  Onlookers. Remember, we should also serve a community service.

Anyway, everyone has a view and that's mine. I'm not telling anyone what to do but we might think about it. Now, we are into outhouse humor. Again, I'm using my freedom of speech too.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 02:15:15 am by TomSea »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1522 on: March 14, 2020, 02:14:17 am »
There's a way to make toilet paper from a square post-it note by folding it twice into a smaller square, tearing off the center corner, putting your finger through the hole, and going to town.  Then use the corner piece to clean your nails.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1523 on: March 14, 2020, 02:18:57 am »
   It's the nature of the human critter to want to laugh at or with the adversity they face in their daily struggle to maintain a balance between wrong and right ~ that Sagan dude

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1524 on: March 14, 2020, 02:21:23 am »
Corona and Covid

Most popular girls' and boys' names respectively, this coming Christmas due to the national shut down of NBA/NHL/MLB, the Masters?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald