Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1475 on: March 13, 2020, 06:11:47 pm »
By Elizabeth Elkind CBS News March 13, 2020, 10:11 AM
Ted Cruz extends coronavirus self-quarantine after interaction with Spanish official who tested positive

Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz revealed that he was extending his self-quarantine during an exclusive appearance on "CBS This Morning" Friday. Cruz had been cleared from his initial self-quarantine on Thursday after becoming the first U.S. senator to sequester himself over concerns linked to the coronavirus pandemic.

Cruz said he would be remaining in his Texas home "out an an abundance of caution" rather than on the word of medical officials, although he has not been tested.

Cruz initially went into self-quarantine after he and several other congressional Republicans came into contact with an individual at last month's Conservative Political Action Conference who later tested positive. President Trump and Vice President Pence were in attendance as well.

More:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-ted-cruz-republican-senator-extends-self-quarantine-after-second-interaction/

So while Rush is saying this is overblown and I love Rush, how about the voices of Cruz, Cotton... and Lindsay Graham who is now self-isolating himself as well?

"... possibly exposed to second coronavirus carrier"
https://www.postandcourier.com/health/covid19/sc-sen-lindsey-graham-possibly-exposed-to-second-coronavirus-carrier/article_e1e4e844-6538-11ea-89c3-1721e8a8c79b.html

BREAKING: Miami mayor tests positive for coronavirus
https://newsthud.com/breaking-miami-mayor-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:15:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1476 on: March 13, 2020, 06:29:45 pm »
Lila Rose
@LilaGraceRose
Abortion clinics remain open today, dismembering and sucking children with beating hearts from their mother’s womb. 2363~ children will lose their lives today. This continues to be our nation’s greatest crisis, yet so many of us are numb to it. It’s our “normal.”
1:18 PM · Mar 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/LilaGraceRose/status/1238529866472902657

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1477 on: March 13, 2020, 07:05:12 pm »
When a guy comes at you
not wearing a shirt
with a sword yelling Allah!
Allah! Allah! Allah!
You gotta shoot that guy,
not 5 or 6 or 10 times.
Shoot until he meets his Allah.
That dude will kill you.
Coranavisuse, kiss my ass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1478 on: March 13, 2020, 07:08:03 pm »

Finally figured out the toilet paper hysteria, every time someone coughs all the other people $hit their pants.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1479 on: March 13, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
I WILL TRADE MY VIRGINITY!
For a 12 pack of two ply.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1480 on: March 13, 2020, 07:18:32 pm »

I would have made that trade when I was a teenager, but nobody wanted the case of toilet paper I was offering.  Now who's the smart guy?   888bravo
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 07:20:36 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #1481 on: March 13, 2020, 07:18:46 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1482 on: March 13, 2020, 07:27:43 pm »

Offline DB

« Reply #1483 on: March 13, 2020, 07:35:17 pm »
I'm watching Trump declare a national emergency.

He sounds like an idiot at times. What has happened to him???

This was not the time to toot his horn with a run down of all "the great things they've done".

Offline aligncare

« Reply #1484 on: March 13, 2020, 07:38:34 pm »
Lila Rose
@LilaGraceRose
Abortion clinics remain open today, dismembering and sucking children with beating hearts from their mother’s womb. 2363~ children will lose their lives today. This continues to be our nation’s greatest crisis, yet so many of us are numb to it. It’s our “normal.”
1:18 PM · Mar 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/LilaGraceRose/status/1238529866472902657

Life is hard. Then your mom aborts you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1485 on: March 13, 2020, 08:02:36 pm »

How about half your virginity for a 4-pack of Scott 1000-sheet?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #1486 on: March 13, 2020, 08:06:42 pm »
AMC Theatres reducing screening capacity by 50 percent to increase 'social distance' between guests

By Kaelan Deese - 03/13/20 03:55 PM EDT

AMC Theatres is decreasing viewing capacity as government measures to stem the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak call for heightened sanitary procedures.

AMC's auditoriums, beginning on Saturday, will reduce regular theater capacity by 50 percent in order to increase the level of "social distancing" while viewers watch a film, according to Deadline.

The company is the first major movie theater chain to address the ever-growing coronavirus situation in the U.S.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/487488-amc-theaters-reducing-screening-capacity-to-50-percent-to-increase-social

Offline corbe

« Reply #1487 on: March 13, 2020, 08:10:30 pm »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1488 on: March 13, 2020, 08:12:19 pm »
I'm watching Trump declare a national emergency.

He sounds like an idiot at times. What has happened to him???

This was not the time to toot his horn with a run down of all "the great things they've done".

After President Trump finished 5 minutes of patting himself on the back he said "The hospitals are very engaged," "We're working very strongly with many states including New York," and new rules for hospitals "They can do what they want. They can do what they have to do. They know what they have to do. Now they don't have any problem getting it done."

Most reassuring.  I'm looking forward to the roll out of the President's screening website too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1489 on: March 13, 2020, 08:12:44 pm »
Just got back from Wal-mart.  No bread.  No water.  No soup.  No canned tomatoes.  No TP.  No iso-propanol.  And NO VITAMIN-C !!!!!

Made another stop at Kroger.  Was able to score milk, eggs, bread, and vitamin C, but they were about to run out of all of them.  Looks like panic has hit Metro Atlanta.

Tip:  If you can get your hands on some Vitamin C, grab it.  Take your body mass in kg, and divide by 10 (or your body weight in lbs and divide by 22).  That number is how many grams (i.e. 1000 mg tablets) of Vitamin C you need to take each day if you get sick.  I read it on the internet.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 08:14:42 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #1490 on: March 13, 2020, 08:19:15 pm »

Online berdie

« Reply #1491 on: March 13, 2020, 08:24:03 pm »

Finally figured out the toilet paper hysteria, every time someone coughs all the other people $hit their pants.

Oh my gosh...this rates much more than a lol.  It's hysterical!!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1492 on: March 13, 2020, 08:34:47 pm »
Work just called to tell me I can't fly.  I told them to pound sand.  No way am I renting a car and driving 12 hrs.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #1493 on: March 13, 2020, 09:26:23 pm »
   Coming to a street corner near you...…….

Offline DB

« Reply #1494 on: March 13, 2020, 09:28:25 pm »
After President Trump finished 5 minutes of patting himself on the back he said "The hospitals are very engaged," "We're working very strongly with many states including New York," and new rules for hospitals "They can do what they want. They can do what they have to do. They know what they have to do. Now they don't have any problem getting it done."

Most reassuring.  I'm looking forward to the roll out of the President's screening website too.

I will say that the presser went much better after others started to speak. That first 5 minutes or so was pretty brutal though.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1495 on: March 13, 2020, 09:32:57 pm »
Work just called to tell me I can't fly.  I told them to pound sand.  No way am I renting a car and driving 12 hrs.

Our daughter just flew and she said the airport and plane have never been cleaner, the staff has never been nicer, and it was especially pleasant that practically no one else was there.  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1496 on: March 13, 2020, 09:46:59 pm »
Our daughter just flew and she said the airport and plane have never been cleaner, the staff has never been nicer, and it was especially pleasant that practically no one else was there.  happy77

I always thought the worst part about large crowds was the people.   rrthree
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1497 on: March 13, 2020, 10:15:36 pm »
I will say that the presser went much better after others started to speak. That first 5 minutes or so was pretty brutal though.

@DB agreed. 
I think the words "national emergency" and "$44 billion" is what investors on Wallstreet heard.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #1498 on: March 13, 2020, 10:19:50 pm »
@DB agreed. 
I think the words "national emergency" and "$44 billion" is what investors on Wallstreet heard.

We are all Keynsians now.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1499 on: March 13, 2020, 10:28:52 pm »
How about half your virginity for a 4-pack of Scott 1000-sheet?
Done and Done.
I'm behind the dumpster, next to the PopEyes Chicken place.
Don't be late.

'and bring the stuff' you know what i need.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 10:51:32 pm by 240B »