Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1425 on: March 13, 2020, 11:08:03 am »

Italy
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

Currently 6.7%  death rate.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1426 on: March 13, 2020, 11:11:01 am »
Or enough acres to have a lifetime toilet.......

:silly:

Modern problems... eh?

:beer:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1427 on: March 13, 2020, 11:19:25 am »
There’s an article posted yahoo that all the Catholic Churches in Italy are closed.

All masses, weddings and funerals have been called off across the country.

https://news.yahoo.com/catholic-churches-across-rome-shut-due-virus-213310360.html

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1428 on: March 13, 2020, 11:22:39 am »
There’s an article posted yahoo that all the Catholic Churches in Italy are closed.

All masses, weddings and funerals have been called off across the country.

https://news.yahoo.com/catholic-churches-across-rome-shut-due-virus-213310360.html

So, unless I’m really naive, if the funerals are called off, what happens to the dead? Unless you put then in a morgue or preserve them, well...

This is turning into a bizarre Stephen King scenario isn’t it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1429 on: March 13, 2020, 11:32:31 am »
I never saw this movie 2011 "Contagion" but it looks reasonable.   It's hot right now.... and this is a good clip:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

From Newsthud:
Writer of Movie “Contagion” Speaks Out on Coronavirus, Says He’s Not That Surprised
written by Paul Goldberg March 13, 2020

People reports as Contagion continues to be a go-to movie for people amid the coronavirus outbreak, the film’s writer is explaining why he doesn’t find the pandemic “that surprising.”

Scott Z. Burns, who wrote the 2011 movie directed by Steven Soderbergh, told Slate in a recent interview that he heavily researched the film with the Center for Disease Control and is surprised audiences are taken aback by “how similar” Contagion is to what’s currently occurring.

“It’s very upsetting to see people getting sick and dying. The part of me that is a human being is more struck by this than the part of me that is a filmmaker,” he said. “That being said, it has been very strange to me, whether on social media or in conversations with friends, that people will say to me, ‘This is uncanny how similar it is.’ “

Read more at:  https://newsthud.com/writer-of-movie-contagion-speaks-out-on-coronavirus-says-hes-not-that-surprised/

"The average person touches their face three to five times every waking minute"

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:34:12 am by TomSea »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1430 on: March 13, 2020, 11:33:23 am »
Am laughing at this new buzzword "Social Distancing"

In my case, I have always considered within 3 feet of my person , personal space.   So unless, I am related to you, there is pretty good chance you haven't gotten within 3 feet of me anyway. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1431 on: March 13, 2020, 11:35:28 am »
I never saw this movie 2011 "Contagion" but it looks reasonable.   It's hot right now.... and this is a good clip:

Wow, you started your hysteria campaign early today huh?  Nice job.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1432 on: March 13, 2020, 11:35:50 am »
So, unless I’m really naive, if the funerals are called off, what happens to the dead? Unless you put then in a morgue or preserve them, well...

This is turning into a bizarre Stephen King scenario isn’t it.

Yes, sadly out of Italy, I've seen a few stories how a person has succumbed to the illness, this guy's sister and it took 2 days for proper authorities to reach the house.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1433 on: March 13, 2020, 11:42:37 am »
Gemma O'Doherty
@gemmaod1
Globalism is the reason #Ireland is in lockdown today. As a nation, we must reject it in order to be able to sustain ourselves in times of crisis. Avoid cheap, poor quality foreign shops and support Irish groceries. If you don’t, soon there will be nothing Irish left #Coronavirus

https://twitter.com/gemmaod1/status/1238423633674096640

Tom Cotton on Hannity, video:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Tom Elliott
@tomselliott
.@SenTomCotton
 on the Bidens' coziness w/ China: "In light of how China's unleashed this plague on the entire world ... it's even more urgent that we examine Joe Biden's decade long record of being wrong on China" and Hunter's biz dealings.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1238410450435477505

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1434 on: March 13, 2020, 11:48:02 am »
Day 1 after #COVID diagnosis. Sore throat, headache (strong!), Dry cough but not shortness of breath. No lung US abnormalities. Will keep a #POCUS track of my lungs.

Day 2 after #COVID diagnosis. Less sore throat, cough & headache (thank God!), still no shortness of breath or pleuritic chest pain. #POCUS update: small bilateral pleural effusion, thickened pleural line & basal b-lines (plaps).

Day 3 after #COVID diagnosis. No sore throat/headache. Yesterday was cough day, still no shortness of breath/chest pain. Diarrhea started, lucky cough got better. #POCUS update: similar effusion, seems less thickened pleural line + no b-lines (PLAPS).

Full article:  - Doctor With Coronavirus Shares What Its Been Like for Him the First Five Days

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2020, 11:52:32 am »
Italy
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:

Currently 6.7%  death rate.
Italy's population: 60 million. In other words: even at the peak of this outbreak, the total number of infected is 0.025% of the population. That's something very important to keep in perspective.

So factoring in likely undiagnosed cases (and there are probably a lot of them given the alleged total collapse of the Italian health care system), that death rate is probably way too high.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:54:21 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2020, 11:56:12 am »
Coronavirus may have reached Italy from Germany, scientists say
Reuters Editorial
ROME (Reuters) - A team of scientists in Milan believes Italy’s coronavirus epidemic might have come to the country via Germany and not directly from China as many experts initially assumed.

Scientists have been hunting for the so-called “patient zero” ever since the contagion first came to light in the prosperous northern region of Lombardy on Feb. 21.

After extensive analysis, the Milan team has not yet identified the individual at the root of the worst outbreak in Europe, but they have matched the Italian genetic sequencing of the virus here to a case that emerged in Germany in January.

See more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-scientists/coronavirus-may-have-reached-italy-from-germany-scientists-say-idUSKBN20Y35B

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2020, 12:02:48 pm »
Italy's population: 60 million. In other words: even at the peak of this outbreak, the total number of infected is 0.025% of the population. That's something very important to keep in perspective.

So factoring in likely undiagnosed cases (and there are probably a lot of them given the alleged total collapse of the Italian health care system), that death rate is probably way too high.

Shhhhhhhh.  That takes away part of the narrative of the Chicken Littles.  Common Sense be damned. 

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2020, 01:00:56 pm »

It seems like in the initial stages the death rate seems high. But as more cases are confirmed that rate lowers significantly.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2020, 01:18:13 pm »
It seems like in the initial stages the death rate seems high. But as more cases are confirmed that rate lowers significantly.

A lot of evidence is coming out that this particular virus has a huge amount of asymptomatic cases.  That means many many many people who actually contracted the pathogen, won't even get counted.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1440 on: March 13, 2020, 01:57:14 pm »
Shhhhhhhh.  That takes away part of the narrative of the Chicken Littles.  Common Sense be damned.

Remember, bureaucracies can't detect things that are invisible.  People who have mild cases, or cases masked by other diseases, they don't exist in the statistics.  Dead people definitely exist and can be counted.  That would skew the death rate higher.  Until we know how many apparently health people have the virus the reported death rate will be inaccurate, on the high side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1441 on: March 13, 2020, 02:30:42 pm »
Brazil president Bolsonaro does test positive for the Coronavirus:

https://www.businessinsider.com/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-president-coronavirus-test-positive-2020-3

Not a good harbinger and.... I'm sure, as President, he is surrounded in a fairly good environment, I guess I'm saying, he's not riding buses, planes and so on though, on-the-other-hand, I guess he meets with dozens of people every week, attends functions, so there is that.

So many stories on coronavirus, I really do find it easier to post in the big thread here.

That bit about China cutting us off, well, that was reported days ago and posted but that is fine. I don't mind it.

I hope everyone finds this thread, it has gone to about 30 pages a week ago to nearing 60 now, in a week's amount of time.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:31:57 pm by TomSea »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1442 on: March 13, 2020, 03:15:38 pm »
I went to the Johns Hopkins site this morning, and it was way under-reported.
Yesterday showed 127K+ cases.
This morning showed only 91K + cases, but Italy, Iran, Germany, and Spain had not reported.
My guess is that they didn't have all the Eastern hemisphere numbers in.
It has been updated now to 136K+ with all those countries mentioned reporting.
A 9% jump in one day.
Now, it will probably be updated again in the Western Hemisphere.
No data for Texas was showing yet, and we know we have cases here.
I would expect higher numbers by this evening.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1443 on: March 13, 2020, 03:18:14 pm »
Oh, come on, we got this moved because it is hitting the States... where is everyone??

Over 1,000 People Cured of Coronavirus in Italy
https://truepundit.com/over-1000-people-cured-of-coronavirus-in-italy/

Anyway, maybe it is not killing some age groups much, if one reads what Coronavirus patients go through, it's pretty bad. It's not cake walk  so finally, some good news out of Italy. Hopefully, there is light at the end of the tunnel and maybe we avoid what some countries have gone through.

Online corbe

« Reply #1444 on: March 13, 2020, 03:22:02 pm »
FDA grants emergency approval for coronavirus test that could speed up diagnostics tenfold

by Cassidy Morrison

March 13, 2020 11:09 AM

The Food and Drug Administration granted emergency approval for a coronavirus test that could speed up diagnostics tenfold.

The FDA granted “emergency use authorization” to a diagnostic test made by Roche Holding AG that will be made available immediately. The test is run on two of the company's diagnostic machines, which are already installed in more than 100 labs across the country. The company's machines are capable of running about 5,000 tests per day.

“We are increasing the speed definitely by a factor of 10,” Thomas Schinecker, the head of Roche’s diagnostics unit, told Bloomberg News .

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/fda-grants-emergency-approval-for-coronavirus-test-that-could-speed-up-diagnostics-tenfold
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1445 on: March 13, 2020, 03:32:32 pm »
FDA grants emergency approval for coronavirus test that could speed up diagnostics tenfold

by Cassidy Morrison

Watch the press ignore the introduction of this new test while breathlessly reporting the huge expansion of diagnosed cases.  They will also ignore the resulting rapid decline in the reported "mortality rate" as the denominator of the ratio explodes.  Mathematics is not their strong suit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1446 on: March 13, 2020, 03:40:13 pm »
Watch the press ignore the introduction of this new test while breathlessly reporting the huge expansion of diagnosed cases.  They will also ignore the resulting rapid decline in the reported "mortality rate" as the denominator of the ratio explodes.  Mathematics is not their strong suit.

There's another Hill article recently posted entitled 'Trump blames Obama rule changes for delays in vaccine development' or something to that effect, then scoffingly reports 'but so far he has only changed one rule concerning the FDA'. Thats some rule.

Each day the media outdo themselves in their dishonesty.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 03:41:30 pm by skeeter »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1447 on: March 13, 2020, 03:51:34 pm »

@Hoodat

@corbe

That is awesome!  And it could actually work.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1448 on: March 13, 2020, 03:58:55 pm »
It is being reported that they have set up "drive-thru" corona testing!  The line of cars is massive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1449 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:43 pm »
Reagan Battalion
@ReaganBattalion
Close family member in the ICU in NYC with Pneumonia, is 70 + with medical history, HE CAN NOT GET A #Covid_19 TEST!

@realDonaldTrump
, stop saying that every American can get a test, it is not true, it has not been true!
10:53 AM · Mar 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1238493443233583105

You know that is interesting, the myth has been dispelled that you have to pay over $3,000 for a coronavirus test... but if you want to get tested?

CBC - Canada had an article for what one does there, if they are afraid they have the coronavirus. It's a big problem and costs? I don't think it is that costly of a test....