Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1400 on: March 13, 2020, 12:44:50 am »
Only 30 ml per shot?  A real shot should be 45 ml (1½ oz).  These guys are wimps.

1 1/2 oz is a Jigger.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1401 on: March 13, 2020, 12:47:22 am »
1 1/2 oz is a Jigger.

Watch your language, sir.  This is a family site.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1402 on: March 13, 2020, 12:54:44 am »
IF This is true, horrible... and it's similar to Iran. People here know for the most part, we need to clamp down on our economic relationship with China but elsewhere it's different.
There is some truth to this. There were indeed direct flights to and from China for much of the time prior to this. When the outbreak started spreading, they flipped to indirect flights, not accomplishing jack squat.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1403 on: March 13, 2020, 01:16:51 am »
Look man, the truth is, we are all going to die.
If I have to die, I will, I am going to look up all you reprobates.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #1404 on: March 13, 2020, 01:20:21 am »
Dr Frieden, former head of the CDC was on with Tucker Carlson tonight.  He indicated there could be as many as one million people dying because of the corona virus.  Let me point out clearly that this is the same individual that predicted 1.2 million dead from the 2014 ebola outbreak in Africa.  I believe the death toll reached a lofty 14,000 dead.  There is a huge gap between the two numbers.

I do not believe we will see one million dead from corona virus.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1405 on: March 13, 2020, 02:06:42 am »
Let me point out clearly that this is the same individual that predicted 1.2 million dead from the 2014 ebola outbreak in Africa.

Hey, it got him an additional $165 million in funding for a disease that wasn't even in the US.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1406 on: March 13, 2020, 02:27:26 am »
Wuhan gets back to work; positive signs for future of coronavirus in U.S.

By Shen Wu Tan - The Washington Times - Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Residents of Hubei province, the epicenter of China’s coronavirus outbreak, resumed a more normal daily life routine as factories and other businesses reopened Wednesday, possibly offering encouragement to the U.S. and other affected nations.

Health experts around the world are carefully watching the pandemic as it plays out in China, where the virus originated, for clues to how the new COVID-19 coronavirus strain works its way through a target population. At first overwhelmed by new cases and outbreaks, Chinese officials are reporting a sharply declining number of new cases in recent days.

Food processors, manufacturers and other businesses essential for providing daily necessities in Wuhan, the city in the province where the coronavirus emerged in December, can reopen, the Hubei provincial government announced. Construction also has gradually resumed on housing and public infrastructure projects in China as the country tries to bring employees back to work while still containing the epidemic.  .  .  .

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/11/positive-signs-for-future-of-coronavirus-in-us/

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1407 on: March 13, 2020, 02:38:52 am »
https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-tested-only-77-people-this-week-coronavirus-testing-slow-around-the-nation-153646616.html

CDC tested only 77 people this week; coronavirus testing slow around the nation

WASHINGTON — Despite insistent promises from the Trump administration, coronavirus testing in the United States appears to be proceeding with a marked lack of urgency. An examination of state and federal records by Yahoo News finds that American states are, on average, testing fewer than 100 people per day — while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had tested fewer than 100 people total in the first two days of this week.

Meanwhile, a single private lab is performing tests, according to a trade group representing such facilities. The administration has repeatedly said that private enterprise would play a critical role in making sure that all Americans who need a coronavirus test receive one.

U.S. officials on Tuesday were faced with an onslaught of questions from members of Congress, amid reports of South Korea’s drive-through coronavirus testing locations.

“This is not a problem we can test our way out of,” said Stephen Redd, MD, head of the CDC’s Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response, in testimony on Wednesday. It was an admission that, in a nation of 320 million, testing every person will be impossible.

Redd also revealed in his testimony that the total number of people tested for the coronavirus by the CDC was 1,784. That means that, as of Wednesday morning, the CDC had tested only 77 people for the coronavirus since Sunday. According to a CDC spokesman, the number that had been tested as of Sunday was 1,707.

More facts to ignore at link

Offline DB

« Reply #1408 on: March 13, 2020, 02:47:31 am »
Perhaps after this the Democrats thirst for single payer government care will be tempered some... Government is good at spending a lot of money getting little done.

« Reply #1409 on: March 13, 2020, 02:49:43 am »

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1238238576141352966

Barack Obama @BarackObama

If you’re wondering whether it’s an overreaction to cancel large gatherings and public events (and I love basketball), here’s a useful primer as to why these measures can slow the spread of the virus and save lives. We have to look out for each other.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/10/21171481/coronavirus-us-cases-quarantine-cancellation

The main uncertainty in the coronavirus outbreak in the United States now is how big it will get, and how fast. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Nancy Messonnier told reporters on March 9, “many people in the US will at some point, either this year or next, get exposed to this virus.”

According to infectious disease epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch at Harvard, it’s “plausible” that 20 to 60 percent of adults will be infected with Covid-19 disease. So far, 80 percent of cases globally have been mild, but if the case fatality rate is around 1 percent (which several experts say it may be), a scenario is possible of tens or hundreds of thousands of deaths in the US alone.

more at link

I wish our President was capable of tweeting something constructive like this

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1410 on: March 13, 2020, 03:06:40 am »
Speaker Nancy Pelosi Caught Trying to Include Abortion Funding in Bill to Combat Coronavirus

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is so dedicated to promoting abortion and forcing Americans to fund killing babies in abortion that she has been caught trying to add taxpayer financing of abortions to the bill to combat the Coronavirus and provide economic stimulus to the nation as it deals with the COVD-19 outbreak.

More:  https://www.lifenews.com/2020/03/12/speaker-nancy-pelosi-caught-trying-to-include-abortion-funding-in-bill-to-combat-coronavirus/

Keep it classy Democrats.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1411 on: March 13, 2020, 03:09:30 am »
Dan Crenshaw
@DanCrenshawTX
US House candidate, TX-2
First, walls quite literally stop a virus. It’s kind of the whole point of a quarantine, for instance.

Second, assuming you meant this metaphorically, health experts like Dr. Fauci and everyone else agree travel restrictions have vastly slowed the spread of the virus in the US.
Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330)
@JoeBiden

A wall will not stop the coronavirus.

Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.

This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1238299305800237057

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1412 on: March 13, 2020, 03:11:51 am »

If you’re wondering whether it’s an overreaction to cancel large gatherings and public events (and I love basketball), here’s a useful primer as to why these measures can slow the spread of the virus and save lives. We have to look out for each other.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/10/21171481/coronavirus-us-cases-quarantine-cancellation

There is a lot of conflicting information out there. The article provided at link, suggests that those self quarantined can't even go outside.  So that would suggest that this virus lives in the air for a certain period of time -- otherwise -- hypothetically, say I have COVID-19, and I take a walk in my local park, I don't touch anything other than my feet in my shoes touching the pavement of a park pathway -- are they suggesting that somehow the virus is so strong that my very presence in the park could be spread to someone through the air??  Also, they suggested that you wouldn't be able to walk the dog -- so again -- the air would be contaminated by the simple presence of someone who doesn't come in contact with anything other than the pavement.

This is surely much more contagious than any of the stats so far have stated.  It is transmitted through air -- yet the experts are claiming that we shouldn't wear masks??? 

If every thing is this article is true then Glenn Becks researcher's estimate that 60% of the world's population will die is likely.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1413 on: March 13, 2020, 03:15:21 am »

MSNBC's Joy Reid hits Dems for including abortion in emergency spending bill: 'What does that have to do with COVID-19?'

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-joy-reid-abortion-coronavirus

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1414 on: March 13, 2020, 03:24:12 am »

The DEMS don't care -- they'll sneak in anything they can to accomplish an objective and I see them playing hardball and obstructing so that Trump/Pence fail on this virus.

Pence for being in charge has been extremely quiet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1415 on: March 13, 2020, 03:29:27 am »

Okay, I heard this topic brought up today on TV, so I don't know if there are other angles to it but I do add it in.

Flashback: Obama waited until millions of Americans were infected with swine flu, 1000 died, before acting
March 1, 2020 | Samantha Chang |

Democrats and their left-wing media minions have wasted no time politicizing the coronavirus outbreak to attack President Trump. Unfortunately for them, the facts smack them in the face.

This week, the New York Times called the coronavirus the “Trumpvirus,”  and the rest of the Left gleefully cheered for a stock market crash in the hopes that it’ll hurt Trump’s chances for reelection.

Read more at: https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/03/01/obama-waited-until-millions-of-americans-were-infected-with-swine-flu-1000-died-before-acting-892677

So, Obama's record may actually be pretty bad on something like this.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1416 on: March 13, 2020, 03:38:42 am »
I remember the H1N1 virus but there wasn't all of this hysteria. Something to read up on.  It didn't cause waves like what we are seeing now from what I know.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1417 on: March 13, 2020, 03:45:39 am »
Joe Biden was in government for 44 years

Nancy Pelosi has been in government for 33 years

Bernie Sanders has been in government for 29 years

Donald Trump has been in government for 3 years

Tell me again whose fault it is that our pandemic infrastructure isn't strong enough?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #1418 on: March 13, 2020, 03:52:16 am »

@Hoodat
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #1419 on: March 13, 2020, 04:03:17 am »
Perhaps after this the Democrats thirst for single payer government care will be tempered some... Government is good at spending a lot of money getting little done.

I'm pretty sure they blame President Trump for ineffective government.  I'll bet money the rats pass single payer if Biden wins and they take the Senate.  They have seen first hand that there is no political consequence for trillion dollar deficits.

U.S. Budget Deficit to Top $1 Trillion for Next Decade
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/28/business/trillion-budget-deficit-cbo.html

I don't know why they would feel inhibited to add to the 23$ Million we already owe.

« Reply #1420 on: March 13, 2020, 04:24:14 am »
There is a lot of conflicting information out there. The article provided at link, suggests that those self quarantined can't even go outside.  So that would suggest that this virus lives in the air for a certain period of time -- otherwise -- hypothetically, say I have COVID-19, and I take a walk in my local park, I don't touch anything other than my feet in my shoes touching the pavement of a park pathway -- are they suggesting that somehow the virus is so strong that my very presence in the park could be spread to someone through the air??  Also, they suggested that you wouldn't be able to walk the dog -- so again -- the air would be contaminated by the simple presence of someone who doesn't come in contact with anything other than the pavement.

This is surely much more contagious than any of the stats so far have stated.  It is transmitted through air -- yet the experts are claiming that we shouldn't wear masks??? 

If every thing is this article is true then Glenn Becks researcher's estimate that 60% of the world's population will die is likely.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply.  I understand and agree the information is conflicting.  I don't believe the "millions" estimates or at least they are not likely and worse case scenarios.  The important point is slowing this virus now will result in the fewest deaths because we have limited resources like hospital beds and nurses.  When those beds fill up and nurses get sick the elderly die because there is no bed or nurse for them.

If you had COVID-19 (God forbid!) and you took a walk in the park I couldn't tell you if you should be wearing a mask.  It's the kind of a question a US Pandemic Response Team might be able to answer but, sadly, they were fired a few years ago.  If you were not displaying any symptoms nobody could blame you for spreading it, because we don't have the tests that Super Power countries like South Korea and Italy have.

Stay healthy @libertybele

« Reply #1421 on: March 13, 2020, 04:36:51 am »
Okay, I heard this topic brought up today on TV, so I don't know if there are other angles to it but I do add it in.

So, Obama's record may actually be pretty bad on something like this.

@TomSea
Obama was a shitty President, I used to think he was the worst President ever, but today's tweet was good.  Perhaps he learned from his lethal blunder.  My heart is warmed that he has joined forces with President Trump to combat COVID-19.  We have to look out for each other.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1422 on: March 13, 2020, 09:00:13 am »
In fact you can not even buy TP at Amazon right now.  My wife suggested a bidet for one our bathrooms a few years ago.  Wish I had listened.

You're a Southern Boy... It ain't like you don't know where the corn crib is.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1423 on: March 13, 2020, 10:45:06 am »
You're a Southern Boy... It ain't like you don't know where the corn crib is.

Or enough acres to have a lifetime toilet.......

:silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1424 on: March 13, 2020, 10:52:52 am »
Coronavirus: English Football League fixtures to be suspended until 4 April

The English Football League is to suspend all fixtures until 4 April, Sky News understands.

It comes as Premier League chiefs meet to discuss the top division's response to the coronavirus outbreak, as Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta and Chelsea star Callum Hudson-Odoi were diagnosed with COVID-19.

More follows...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-english-football-league-fixtures-to-be-suspended-until-4-april-11956889
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️