Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1300 on: March 12, 2020, 04:19:19 pm »
It was said and I said it, there appears to be no deaths among the 0-9 years old age group.

But after that, there is a chance, no matter how small that shows, that there are then, deaths in every age group:

Now, if one wants to say 97.5% or more of those who die from the coronavirus are over 50, that may well be so but it does seem like saying only those over 50 have died of the coronavirus as an absolute statement is false. I think that's all I've been saying.

And the story may well be different out of Iran and so forth. Our knowledge is limited.

Interesting but source is China... not sure I trust a damn thing they say.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1301 on: March 12, 2020, 04:19:55 pm »
Don't worry, someone somewhere is blaming Trump for it.
Harsh, but fair.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1302 on: March 12, 2020, 04:20:31 pm »

Now, if one wants to say 97.5% or more of those who die from the coronavirus are over 50, that may well be so but it does seem like saying only those over 50 is an absolute statement that is false. I think that's all I've been saying.

For the 3rd f'n time.....   You convienently left off "pre-existing condtions" to that statement.  Yes, some under 50 can die, if they have heart, lung, or other maladies that the CDC has described.  AGAIN....   LIST ONE SINGLE PERSON UNDER 50 WITHOUT PREEXISTING CONDITONS WHO HAS DIED OF CORONOVIRUS IN THE UNITED STATES.  Otherwise , STFU, and quit stoking the fire of fear and hysteria.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1303 on: March 12, 2020, 04:32:33 pm »
Interesting claims.  Links or sources?

Several young doctors in China have died of the coronavirus. Medical workers are far more vulnerable to infection than the general population.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-coronavirus-killed-young-chinese-doctors-2020-2

Italian doctor at heart of illness shares chilling coronavirus thoughts

https://nypost.com/2020/03/10/italian-doctor-at-heart-of-illness-shares-chilling-coronavirus-thoughts/

Essentially, 14 men went on a ski trip to Northern Italy. All have become ill, and all 14 have tested positive for coronavirus. Of the 14, four needed to be hospitalized, and of the four patients, three are very ill as I write this. One had a significant pre-existing medical condition. The other three did not, and are relatively young.'

Doctor treating coronavirus patients demands schools shut down IMMEDIATELY as he reveals three 'relatively young' men near LA celebrity suburb Calabasas are 'very ill' after contracting disease on Italian ski trip

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8094515/Doctor-treating-coronavirus-patients-LA-suburb-calls-schools-shut-immediately.html

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1304 on: March 12, 2020, 04:39:25 pm »
Top hospital Cleveland Clinic develops a coronavirus test that will deliver results in just EIGHT HOURS compared to 2 to 7 days needed for other tests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8104803/Top-hospital-Cleveland-Clinic-develops-coronavirus-test-deliver-results-EIGHT-HOURS.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1305 on: March 12, 2020, 04:44:54 pm »
Harsh, but fair.

A sparrow doesn't fall that Trump did not personally kill.  For an anti-Trump you sure do ascribe God-like abilities to him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

« Reply #1306 on: March 12, 2020, 04:46:04 pm »

Several young doctors in China have died of the coronavirus. Medical workers are far more vulnerable to infection than the general population.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-coronavirus-killed-young-chinese-doctors-2020-2

Italian doctor at heart of illness shares chilling coronavirus thoughts

https://nypost.com/2020/03/10/italian-doctor-at-heart-of-illness-shares-chilling-coronavirus-thoughts/

Doctor treating coronavirus patients demands schools shut down IMMEDIATELY as he reveals three 'relatively young' men near LA celebrity suburb Calabasas are 'very ill' after contracting disease on Italian ski trip

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8094515/Doctor-treating-coronavirus-patients-LA-suburb-calls-schools-shut-immediately.html

Medical personnel would be more likely to get the infection but I would expect they also would be more likely to be generally healthy and get proper medical care early.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #1307 on: March 12, 2020, 04:49:34 pm »
Don't worry, someone somewhere is blaming Trump for it.

China is right now blaming the USA for the Wuhan Coronavirus. No kidding.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+blames+us+for+coronavirus&oq=china+blames+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l4.5286j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1308 on: March 12, 2020, 04:50:38 pm »
Those graphs on who dies from the Coronavirus have been around a while. This thread started in January I believe so it might have been posted already in it. This is just about what we already know versus if someone makes a statement, that appears patently false on what we already know. One can say it's a minute amount but what if the Coronavirus caught on in the US and some age group has a .4% chance of dying? We have 330 million people approximately. That's still going to add up.

Also add in variables such as the possibility of the virus mutating, it's like that NY Post article says, we don't want to underestimate how it could be dangerous.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:53:26 pm by TomSea »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1309 on: March 12, 2020, 04:50:39 pm »
This may save Social Security for a couple decades.

Nothing can 'save' Social Security.  It's a ponzi scheme.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

« Reply #1310 on: March 12, 2020, 04:55:27 pm »
Nothing can 'save' Social Security.  It's a ponzi scheme.

Agreed.  That is why I only extended it, not make it sustainable.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1311 on: March 12, 2020, 04:56:07 pm »

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+blames+us+for+coronavirus&oq=china+blames+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l4.5286j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

China is making a silk purse from a sow's ear. They see the left trying to take down the hated Trump with this disease and they're jumping in to help.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1312 on: March 12, 2020, 04:59:58 pm »
For the 3rd f'n time.....   You convienently left off "pre-existing condtions" to that statement.  Yes, some under 50 can die, if they have heart, lung, or other maladies that the CDC has described.  AGAIN....   LIST ONE SINGLE PERSON UNDER 50 WITHOUT PREEXISTING CONDITONS WHO HAS DIED OF CORONOVIRUS IN THE UNITED STATES.  Otherwise , STFU, and quit stoking the fire of fear and hysteria.

I also have heard/read that people with pre-existing conditions who have taken care of themselves; i.e., take their meds, exercise and watch their diet, also have fared much better than those with pre-existing conditions, who just let themselves go.

Bottom line people -- stop the hysteria.  Those over 50 need to take added precautions. I'm 63 years old, a few pounds over weight, I take my meds, watch what I eat and exercise religiously.  I walk just under 2 miles a day in 40 minutes. Nope, I am not a spring chicken by any means, but my cholesterol is way down, and other than my sugar slightly elevated (just started meds), my lab work came back very good.  Not going out in public as much as I used to, but that is my choice to limit my exposure for the time being as it is flu season as well and I've always taken extra precautions this time of year.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1313 on: March 12, 2020, 05:07:12 pm »

I read that!  It's NUTS!

I wouldn't think even the average Democrat would believe that we started the virus and then blamed them.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1314 on: March 12, 2020, 05:07:32 pm »
I also have heard/read that people with pre-existing conditions who have taken care of themselves; i.e., take their meds, exercise and watch their diet, also have fared much better than those with pre-existing conditions, who just let themselves go.

Bottom line people -- stop the hysteria.  Those over 50 need to take added precautions. I'm 63 years old, a few pounds over weight, I take my meds, watch what I eat and exercise religiously.  I walk just under 2 miles a day in 40 minutes. Nope, I am not a spring chicken by any means, but my cholesterol is way down, and other than my sugar slightly elevated (just started meds), my lab work came back very good.  Not going out in public as much as I used to, but that is my choice to limit my exposure for the time being as it is flu season as well and I've always taken extra precautions this time of year.

Well put.  Our circumstances are pretty similar.  We shop for groceries at night to avoid the crowds, we bring chlorox wipes to disinfect the carts, additonal Vitamin C supplements which may or may not help, limiting external contact to what is absolutely necessary.  I am over 60, with a few minor pre-existing condtions.  I am not panicing, but am taking smart common sense precautions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1315 on: March 12, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »
I had a flu at age 30 & it was exactly as you describe. It got so bad at times that if I'da had access to a gun I'da ended it all right then. Had to wait it out at home - took ten days to get rid of.

@skeeter

I the first time I was aware I had ever contracted influenza was in late 1978 when I was in HS – the “Russian Flu”. That flu was a variant of H1N1 and while not a lethal, was related to the Spanish Flu and some believe because the variant was one which is unlikely to appear in nature due to antigenic drift – it was speculated that the outbreak was due to a laboratory incident in Russia or Northern China, though this was denied by scientists in those countries. It infected mostly children and young adults under 25; because a similar strain was prevalent in 1947–57, most adults had substantial immunity. It was deemed and epidemic because it only infected a small portion of the population and while virulent, highly contagious, it wasn’t particularly deadly.

I got up that morning feeling a bit more tired than usual but not sick and so went to school.

It was during 2nd period class when I started to feel unwell – hot flashes followed by chills followed by more hot flashes and chills, a really bad headache, a bit of a sore throat and body aches and fatigue, not being able to concentrate.

After the 3d period class I went to the school nurse’s office where there were many dozens of others with similar symptoms. When the poor overworked school nurse finally got to me, I had a 102 fever. But I had no way to get home other than taking the bus. My mother never learned to drive and my father worked construction so there wasn’t any way to reach him and my older brother and SIL were both at work and couldn’t be reached. But by now the school day was almost over anyway.

So I stayed in the nurse’s office until school let out and I boarded the bus. I sort of remember getting off the bus and walking the some 10 blocks home, but it was a struggle, there were times I had to stop to catch my breath because I felt so weak and also to look around me to make sure I was on the right path home because by now I was feeling a bit delirious and not 100% sure of where I was.

When I finally got home, I dropped my book bag and coat in middle of the living room and walked straight to my bedroom without saying a word and got into bed with my clothes still on. My mother came into my room to check on me and my fever was near 104 and my head felt like it had been split open by an axe.  She had to draw the blinds and curtains in my room shut because the light hurt my eyes so. I was sick in bed for a bit less than a week. With that flu, the thing I remember most was the headache and fatigue.  By the time I was well enough to go back to school I learned that nearly half of my school had been out sick with it the same week I was but the other half out the following week when I got back. Plus a lot of the younger teachers.  In about 3 weeks it had run its course and no one else was getting sick.

In 2002 I got the flu again. I woke up that Tuesday morning feeling unusually tired and a bit out of sorts even though I had gone to bed early and thought I had gotten a good night’s sleep. I didn’t have much of an appetite but forced myself to eat a pastry and drink some coffee.

After getting to work, I felt very chilled, I put on a sweater and drank some hot tea but couldn’t feel warm, felt chilled to the bone. At around 9 AM my boss came by to ask me a question and was taken back how extremely pale I looked and asked me if I was OK. I told him I was but soon after I became nauseous and ran to the bathroom and threw up several times. I was also getting a sore throat by then. I went home, my boss insisting that I leave, at around 10A.

By the time I got home, and I don’t remember much of the drive, I threw up some more and also had diarrhea. Vomiting and diarrhea are not typical for influenza excepting in very young children but I had it. And by now my throat was on fire and I started coughing, and coughing a lot but a dry and unproductive cough. Then over the next few hours my chest became tight and congested and I developed rattling breathing, coughing that wouldn’t stop but didn’t bring anything up even as I could feel the congestion and soon my chest hurt with nearly every breath. I also had a high fever and body aches like I’d never had before. It felt like someone was taking a hammer and hitting and crushing every joint in my body over and over again, and even my skin and my eyeballs ached and while not possible, it seemed as if even my hair hurt.

Keep in mind that this all came on staring that morning with feeling a bit tired to feeling like I was going to die by late that afternoon. That’s influenza. And how it is much different from a cold.

I called my husband at his work and told him I was home sick and asked him to bring home some ginger ale and that he was on his own as far as making dinner. He asked if I needed anything else and sort of jokingly said, “yes - a coffin”. Later that evening, he wanted to take me to the ER but I decided it was better to try to ride it out and take Tylenol and stay hydrated and wait and see if it got worse the next day. Frankly the thought of getting off the couch and out from under the blankets, getting a shower, getting dressed, walking to the car … I was just too exhausted.

I spent the next 5 days on the couch or in the recliner (I knew enough to know that if you have chest congestion and want to avoid if possible pneumonia, it was better to sit up a bit rather than lying flat all the time). I was so miserable with the body aches and the coughing that I was tossing and turning, not sleeping much if at all, so I didn’t want to keep my husband up or increasing the chance of him getting sick by sleeping in our bed. Plus, being on the couch or recliner meant there was a TV to watch when I couldn’t sleep and a bathroom and a kitchen nearby and no stairs to go up or down.

I called my boss that Wednesday to let him know I was probably going to be out for the rest of the week and he told me that many other people (about half) in our department had gone home sick or called in sick, not to worry, he and those left would manage. Thank goodness it wasn’t a payroll processing week because that was my main job and at the time I didn’t have a backup.

By that Sunday I was starting to feel better and my husband convinced me to get a shower, get dressed and go to the grocery store with him, said the fresh air and the walking would do me good and I agreed.

But after we got to the grocery store, I insisted on pushing the grocery cart because I was still feeling so weak that I needed it to lean on.

I’ve been getting the flu shot ever since. The only year I didn’t was in 2012 and yes, I got the flu that year but it was not a severe case. But so did my very healthy 30-year-old nephew who ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1316 on: March 12, 2020, 05:12:06 pm »
Well put.  Our circumstances are pretty similar.  We shop for groceries at night to avoid the crowds, we bring chlorox wipes to disinfect the carts, additonal Vitamin C supplements which may or may not help, limiting external contact to what is absolutely necessary.  I am over 60, with a few minor pre-existing condtions.  I am not panicing, but am taking smart common sense precautions.

That's what we all need to do.

This is not the end of the world, and inducing panic is the worst thing that can be done.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1317 on: March 12, 2020, 05:13:12 pm »
A sparrow doesn't fall that Trump did not personally kill.  For an anti-Trump you sure do ascribe God-like abilities to him.

If you can't defend the IMPOTUS or his inaction over the Trump-virus, attack the people who are complaining about it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1318 on: March 12, 2020, 05:14:28 pm »
If you can't defend the IMPOTUS or his inaction over the Trump-virus, attack the people who are complaining about it.
OK, seriously: shut up.

This is not the time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1319 on: March 12, 2020, 05:19:01 pm »

Or you can include lies in your tagline about what the President said.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1320 on: March 12, 2020, 05:22:47 pm »
@skeeter

I the first time I was aware I had ever contracted influenza was in late 1978 when I was in HS – the “Russian Flu”.

That all sounds so familiar. My bout was in 89, during my honeymoon - hit me in the middle of the night in Hawaii. When I couldn't take anymore I stumbled out four or five blocks through a torrential downpour to get to the Hyatt, where there was an all night doctor on call. I collapsed in an elevator and was nearly thrown out by hotel security who thought I was drunk.

Finally made it to the doctor who gave me a shot of antibiotics in the arse.

It didn't help. Ended up cutting the holiday short and going home to recover.

Flu happens - I'll never underestimate it. We should do all we can to avoid it, but this current situation is out of hand.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:25:05 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1321 on: March 12, 2020, 05:26:32 pm »

I don't bother defending Trump to you, @Once-Ler.  It's like trying to teach a pig to dance.  It won't be successful and it annoys the pig.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1322 on: March 12, 2020, 05:27:37 pm »

He has acted very quickly; he has met with big pharma and those working on a vaccine to expedite processes, he has shut down travel from various different parts of the world into the U.S. as well now from Europe, he has asked Congress for $$ to handle the situation along with requesting stopping payroll taxes to boost the economy along with small business loans, fees waived on testing for the virus, etc., he has put Pence in charge who has set up different protocols.  Trump has met with the WHO and CDC.  He has also requested quarantines.

Maybe as an American citizen doing your part to stand together in all of this might be appreciated instead of playing your usual part in ripping apart this President.  Just sayin'
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1323 on: March 12, 2020, 05:30:10 pm »
China is making a silk purse from a sow's ear. They see the left trying to take down the hated Trump with this disease and they're jumping in to help.
I believe that to be the truth.

I believe there is a terrible virus. I believe the USA left are hell bent to use it to maximum political advantage.

Alinsky: "Never let a crisis go to waste"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1324 on: March 12, 2020, 05:30:47 pm »
Just hear on Rush...the Democrats are suing to stop Trump from closing air travel from Europe.
I will NOT comply.