Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1250 on: March 12, 2020, 01:24:57 pm »
LOL...   What do you think the Chicoms do with whistleblowers?  I beleive that about as much as I beleive in the tooth fairy.

Me think the Government killed him and blamed the Wuhan Fiu.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1251 on: March 12, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »

A chart showing the progression/spread of the virus. (credit: Josué Ortega Caro on Twitter)

Some things to note:
- Even the worst cases, per capita infection rates have not progressed beyond 0.1%. On the whole, even in the worst places, the chances of any individual person getting this are still quite low.
- This, of course, is cumulative: once a number is added, it's not taken away when they recover.
I wonder what Japan is doing differently to keep their numbers down.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1252 on: March 12, 2020, 01:25:53 pm »
And again....   As far as I know.....  NO ONE, under the age of 50 has died of this thing.  Yes, we the elderly need to take precautions, but is it worth the damage being done to our economy?.  The hysteria for this has been manufactured by the MSM to destroy Trump.  These are depicable bastards.

People in their teens, 20s and 30s have died from Coronavirus.  Just less of them.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:28:31 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1253 on: March 12, 2020, 01:30:08 pm »
People in their teens, 20s and 30s have died from Coronavirus.  Just less of them.

Might be a good time to put that "house dam" back up around your house to keep everyone away.   :laugh:  Here's praying everyone stays well.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1254 on: March 12, 2020, 01:31:41 pm »
I wonder what Japan is doing differently to keep their numbers down.

In Japan, the government consolidated all relevant countermeasures and announced Basic Policies on Feb. 25, drawing on the expert analysis of leading infectious diseases scientists. The government has taken bold and timely measures such as restrictions on large-scale events and closure of schools.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/opinion/letters/japan-coronavirus.amp.html
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1255 on: March 12, 2020, 01:34:52 pm »

0.2%?  Come on...  (1)  Even those young demographic areas have individuals with pre-existing conditons that may put them at risk.  (2) Areas, especially 3rd world have less than desireable public health standards, and the stats may have skewed in that respect. 

Then tell me bud...   How many Americans under the age of 50, without pre-existing conditons have  died of COVID-19? Seems you want to stoke the flames of this hysteria.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1256 on: March 12, 2020, 01:38:42 pm »
They did. Or tried to. But compared to the rest of the world their numbers are off the chart.

Not so.  This is a logarithmic graph.  Plenty of room for another magnitude or two to be added.  We don't have Chinese data because Chicom data cannot be trusted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1257 on: March 12, 2020, 01:39:44 pm »
Might be a good time to put that "house dam" back up around your house to keep everyone away.   :laugh:  Here's praying everyone stays well.

Never thought I would say this, but I can't wait to get back out in the Gulf.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1258 on: March 12, 2020, 01:40:58 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1259 on: March 12, 2020, 01:43:07 pm »

There are some disturbing reports coming out of Italy and Iran that people in their 40’s and 30’s are seriously ill from this, requiring intensive and invasive care in the ICU and many in that cohort dying from it. That makes me wonder if a mutation in the virus is to blame and that might be very bad news.

There has also been a disturbing number of doctors and nurses who are relatively young and healthy becoming seriously ill and with some dying from it.

But what we need to understand is that even if you are below the age of 60 and without underlying conditions and not likely to require ICU care or die, you can still become very ill from this.

I contracted influenza at age 39 back in the year 2000. I was very healthy and fit at the time but it me like a ton of bricks. I was out from work for over a week. I was barely able to get out of bed, was running a 102+ fever for days and the body aches felt like someone was smashing every joint in my body with a hammer.

Imagine a vast number of people getting COVID-19 who while they may likely live and eventually recover, being laid out sick for a week or more.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1260 on: March 12, 2020, 01:48:01 pm »
There are some disturbing reports coming out of Italy and Iran that people in their 40’s and 30’s are seriously ill from this, requiring intensive and invasive care in the ICU and many in that cohort dying from it. That makes me wonder if a mutation in the virus is to blame and that might be very bad news.

There has also been a disturbing number of doctors and nurses who are relatively young and healthy becoming seriously ill and with some dying from it.
 or more.

Interesting claims.  Links or sources?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1261 on: March 12, 2020, 02:03:07 pm »

But what we need to understand is that even if you are below the age of 60 and without underlying conditions and not likely to require ICU care or die, you can still become very ill from this.

I contracted influenza at age 39 back in the year 2000. I was very healthy and fit at the time but it me like a ton of bricks. I was out from work for over a week. I was barely able to get out of bed, was running a 102+ fever for days and the body aches felt like someone was smashing every joint in my body with a hammer.

Imagine a vast number of people getting COVID-19 who while they may likely live and eventually recover, being laid out sick for a week or more.

I had a flu at age 30 & it was exactly as you describe. It got so bad at times that if I'da had access to a gun I'da ended it all right then. Had to wait it out at home - took ten days to get rid of.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1262 on: March 12, 2020, 02:07:30 pm »
Cleveland Orchestra has cancelled this weekend's concerts at Severance Hall.

And we were going....    8888crybaby
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1263 on: March 12, 2020, 02:11:56 pm »
Here’s How Long Coronavirus Can Live In The Air And On Surfaces: Study
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/11/coronavirus-alive-air-plastic-steel/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1264 on: March 12, 2020, 02:15:14 pm »
LOL...   What do you think the Chicoms do with whistleblowers?  I beleive that about as much as I beleive in the tooth fairy.

At least eight medical workers have died, including one doctor who was 29 and another who was 34.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-coronavirus-killed-young-chinese-doctors-2020-2

Good luck proving they are all whistleblowers.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1265 on: March 12, 2020, 02:27:42 pm »

We don't know all the circumstances of these infections.  Sometimes at ground zero, the viral pathology is at its most powerful, before somewhat of a dilution. The Chicoms have been so tight lipped on all aspects of this matter, who knows what we can believe from them

OTOH, if we can get some evidence that this virus is  mutating  into a worse one, with expanded demographic impact.....   Then we can re-visit.   Still there  is no proof of that (mutation) at all at this point.

The main point is that at this exact moment, I have not seen any evidence of a fatality in the United States of a individual under the age of 50, without pre-existing condtions.  Trying to make claims, even indirect  of the this being deadly to the young is irresponsbile, and just adding fire to the flames of the hysteria already underway.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1266 on: March 12, 2020, 02:28:40 pm »
I'm sure plenty of data can be found.

Someone initially seemed to make s claim I had not seen anywhere but I don't know if I missed something in the conversation but if it was asserted it hadn't killed anyone under 50, it should be for them to back up. If that was the assertion, it got refuted pretty quickly.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline DB

« Reply #1268 on: March 12, 2020, 02:47:03 pm »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1269 on: March 12, 2020, 02:53:56 pm »
Senator Cotton Closes Washington, D.C. Office

Washington, D.C. — Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas) has temporarily closed his Washington, D.C. office to protect the health of his staff and to prevent the spread of the Wuhan virus. D.C. Staff will continue to work from home. Senator Cotton released the statement below concerning the closure:

“The Wuhan coronavirus is a grave challenge to our great nation. My first priority is always the safety of our people. Since I first heard reports of an unknown virus spreading in central China in early January, I have endeavored to protect you and your family from this menace. From the beginning, I have heeded the counsel of Benjamin Franklin: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I urge every American to do the same—as individuals, in their families, and at their workplaces and schools. Together, through prudent and responsible actions, we can arrest the spread of this virus and protect the health of our nation.

Effectively immediately, therefore, I have closed my Washington, D.C. office.  An aide in another Senate office has tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus; other congressional employees are likely to test positive in the days ahead. The most sensible course of action for the public and the congressional workforce under the circumstances is for my staff to telecommute. A weeklong congressional recess begins tomorrow, so the disruption to our in-office operations will be minimal. My D.C. office will remain closed through that recess. But my staff will be available to assist you promptly by email and phone, as always. I will remain at work for legislative business while the Senate is in session, and I will continue to work around the clock to protect you and our nation.

https://www.cotton.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=1337

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1270 on: March 12, 2020, 02:59:10 pm »
Inside China's high-stakes campaign to smear the United States over coronavirus

If you listened to Chinese state-run media, you'd think President Trump went to China and released vials of COVID-19 on groups of unsuspecting men, women and children.

Beijing has been bending over backward trying to convince the world that the United States is the real culprit behind the quickly spreading virus that's already claimed more than 4,600 lives across the globe.

It's a high-stakes strategy for the Asian nation fighting to keep its superpower status amid a national lockdown and palpable anger over claims that Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the coronavirus, at first covered it up, triggering a worldwide health and economic crisis.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/china-smear-united-states-coronavirus-wuhan
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1271 on: March 12, 2020, 02:59:19 pm »
What life is like inside the coronavirus containment zone in New Rochelle, New York

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/us/new-rochelle-coronavirus-containment-area/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1272 on: March 12, 2020, 03:05:40 pm »
Patient in Georgia:

Man battling coronavirus explains what it’s like, says “I ain’t never felt this bad”
written by Paul Goldberg March 12, 2020

ABC reports a man in Rome, Georgia, said he was initially sent home after he went to the hospital with flu-like symptoms and later tested positive for coronavirus.

Clay Bentley told ABC News on Wednesday that on March 1 he sang in the more-than-100-member choir at the Church at Liberty Square in Cartersville, Georgia.

Bentley said he went home after church and woke up Monday morning, feeling so sick he went to urgent care in Rome, Georgia. When they checked his vitals, he said, his oxygen levels were really low and he was sent to a hospital.

“I was so weak that I couldn’t even stand up,” he told ABC News.

More:  https://newsthud.com/man-battling-coronavirus-explains-what-its-like-says-i-aint-never-felt-this-bad/
Yeah, pneumonia is like that.
Been there, done that.
No fun.
And he is fortunate in that he has never felt that bad before. I hope he recovers.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1273 on: March 12, 2020, 03:12:46 pm »
I don't know. I do know that in Wuhan the case load has leveled off at 50,000 in a city of 11,000,000. The province as a whole has a little under 60,000,000.

There's a lot of fear being fomented about this virus that, quite frankly, I don't think is warranted—and all this cancelling classes and sporting events, the things that we use to take our minds off this stuff, is only going to make that fear worse. We're trading a physical illness for mental illness.
Spot on, @jmyrlefuller !

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #1274 on: March 12, 2020, 03:17:08 pm »
Any doctor working in a hospital in the thick of this outbreak will be severely run down, physically, getting little sleep, questionable nutrition, and near constant exposure to not only this, but a variety of pathogens. Under those circumstances people are especially susceptible to disease.

C S Lewis