Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1225 on: March 12, 2020, 02:36:12 am »
If the schools had to refund the tuition, I bet they'd be holding classes.

Insurance claim?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1226 on: March 12, 2020, 02:39:45 am »
Insurance claim?
They'd weasel out on a Farce Majeure clause
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1227 on: March 12, 2020, 03:03:38 am »
One word:  Amazon.

My wife jokes, about people with their faces in front of smartphones. A few years ago, on our way to the movies, she noticed a party of 4 young people in a booth, all staring into their phones, not at their companions.

I joke about people that text, rather than talk on the phone. It is as if with them texting, they maintain control of time, and perhaps ccontent, too.

Older folks, that survived Depression, Wartime ((including rationing) are less bewildered, about the prospect of any hardship.

'how will we survive, without our bottled water and TP, to ward off the evil disease?'

and 'won't it be solved by the late night news?'

I suggest name this the "Election Year Virus"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1228 on: March 12, 2020, 03:11:38 am »
Patient in Georgia:

Man battling coronavirus explains what it’s like, says “I ain’t never felt this bad”
written by Paul Goldberg March 12, 2020

ABC reports a man in Rome, Georgia, said he was initially sent home after he went to the hospital with flu-like symptoms and later tested positive for coronavirus.

Clay Bentley told ABC News on Wednesday that on March 1 he sang in the more-than-100-member choir at the Church at Liberty Square in Cartersville, Georgia.

Bentley said he went home after church and woke up Monday morning, feeling so sick he went to urgent care in Rome, Georgia. When they checked his vitals, he said, his oxygen levels were really low and he was sent to a hospital.

“I was so weak that I couldn’t even stand up,” he told ABC News.

More:  https://newsthud.com/man-battling-coronavirus-explains-what-its-like-says-i-aint-never-felt-this-bad/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1229 on: March 12, 2020, 03:19:54 am »

I client and friend of mine, she's Asian of appearance from Indonesia, very disappointedly posted on FB, how somebody gave her some racist BS  I believe somebody told her she should weart a mask, .

She is a medical technical pro. The type that risk people's body fluids, contact daily.

Not surprised  those guys in SG Valley are getting armed. SGValley has been highly Asian for decades, I believe in particular, Taiwanese.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1230 on: March 12, 2020, 03:32:02 am »
The Hill reports federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.

https://newsthud.com/report-tests-indicate-coronavirus-can-survive-in-the-air-and-surfaces/

Can go airborne, that's why I'd think places like a bus, Greyhound or whatever, could be problematic.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1231 on: March 12, 2020, 03:48:34 am »
Know someone whose daughter is in Wuhan.  After four weeks in solitary, the US State Dept finally contacted her.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1232 on: March 12, 2020, 05:28:56 am »
Can go airborne
Boy that clicked a trigger
AIRBORNE!!
C130 rolling down the strip
18 men on a one way trip...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1233 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:37 am »

Maybe he believed it was a hoax for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:55:32 am by Once-Ler »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1234 on: March 12, 2020, 09:17:52 am »

Your Phone Is a Cesspool of Germs. Here's How to Actually Clean It

Bleach is a terrible idea. Try out these tips, instead.
By Courtney Linder   Mar 9, 2020

As the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to dole out advice for lowering your risk of catching the Coronavirus, you're probably washing your hands a little longer and touching your face a little less. But there's another easy step you can take to stay protected—and if you're anything like us, you rarely consider it.

Your smartphone, as it turns out, is covered with 10 times the amount of bacteria found on a toilet seat, says a study from the University of Arizona. Sounds shocking, but it makes sense: Janitors scrub toilets every day. When's the last time you really wiped down your iPhone? Never?

Now that you know the dirty truth, it's time to take action. Your first instinct might be to use a Clorox wipe, which promises to kill 99.99 percent of household germs and bacteria. But that wouldn't be wise: This kind of wipe could actually damage the delicate oleophobic coating on your phone that's meant to prevent oils from your fingerprints sticking to the surface.

Read more at: https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a31224352/how-clean-phone-guide/

I saw someone earlier say the real crisis here, could be bankruptcies. So, we will have to see how this goes.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1235 on: March 12, 2020, 09:26:05 am »
I'm glad the $3,000 test is a MYTH, I did seem to see that briefly stated.

Myth or fact: We dispel the rumors surrounding the coronavirus
Sarah Kay LeBlanc, Des Moines Register

Does a coronavirus test cost $3,000?

No, it's free. FactCheck.org reported that a claim that a test for COVID-19 costs patients in the U.S. more than $3,000 originated on Twitter, where it amassed more than 250,000 likes and retweets. It became a meme that spread on Facebook.

In actuality, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized the use of two tests — one from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and one from the New York State Department of Public Health — and neither agency charges patients for the test, according to FactCheck.org.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/myth-or-fact-we-dispel-the-rumors-surrounding-the-coronavirus/ar-BB10XBTd

Lots of good info at link.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1236 on: March 12, 2020, 09:32:58 am »
Strategic Partnership With China Lies at Root of Iran’s Coronavirus Outbreak
Pathogen spread rapidly from Qom, where Chinese-backed projects helped prop up nation’s sanctions-hit economy
By Benoit Faucon,

Iranian officials trace the origins of the country’s coronavirus epidemic to the holy city of Qom, home to dozens of seminaries and religious shrines—but also a number of Chinese-backed infrastructure projects built by scores of workers and technicians from China.

This critical link to China, centered in Qom, has helped keep Iran’s  economy alive in the face of American sanctions. And it is now being stress-tested by the coronavirus. The exact route of the virus is unclear. But Iran’s strategic partnership with Beijing has...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/irans-strategic-partnership-with-china-lies-at-root-of-its-coronavirus-outbreak-11583940683

Belt and Road initiative, article has a paywall but some vital info is up there, China is building all of these projects and apparently, this helped it spread into Iran.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1237 on: March 12, 2020, 10:41:41 am »
IDP, Internally Displaced Persons, camps in Syria, if the coronavirus got out, it'd be a problem.

Sara Firth
@Sara__Firth
First suspected cases of COVID-19 in an IDP camp in #Iraq.

Overpopulation and cramped conditions mean displacement camps will be extremely challenging places to prevent the spread of the virus.

https://twitter.com/Sara__Firth/status/1238028269934559234

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1238 on: March 12, 2020, 11:43:16 am »

A chart showing the progression/spread of the virus. (credit: Josué Ortega Caro on Twitter)

Some things to note:
- Even the worst cases, per capita infection rates have not progressed beyond 0.1%. On the whole, even in the worst places, the chances of any individual person getting this are still quite low.
- This, of course, is cumulative: once a number is added, it's not taken away when they recover.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #1239 on: March 12, 2020, 11:54:44 am »

A chart showing the progression/spread of the virus. (credit: Josué Ortega Caro on Twitter)

Some things to note:
- Even the worst cases, per capita infection rates have not progressed beyond 0.1%. On the whole, even in the worst places, the chances of any individual person getting this are still quite low.
- This, of course, is cumulative: once a number is added, it's not taken away when they recover.

Why didn't they include China in their data?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1240 on: March 12, 2020, 12:04:57 pm »

They did. Or tried to. But compared to the rest of the world their numbers are off the chart.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1241 on: March 12, 2020, 12:10:54 pm »
I don't know. I do know that in Wuhan the case load has leveled off at 50,000 in a city of 11,000,000. The province as a whole has a little under 60,000,000.

There's a lot of fear being fomented about this virus that, quite frankly, I don't think is warranted—and all this cancelling classes and sporting events, the things that we use to take our minds off this stuff, is only going to make that fear worse. We're trading a physical illness for mental illness.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #1242 on: March 12, 2020, 12:18:23 pm »
They did. Or tried to. But compared to the rest of the world their numbers are off the chart.
The data would extend way off to the right since China is a month or more past 1/capita, but they could still truncate that info to compare the trend.  I can't help but wonder if their numbers are much higher due to the early part of the infection being prior to the disease even being identified.  Or maybe they don't trust the data coming out of the Chicom government.

Still, it seems odd to exclude it entirely.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 12:19:53 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #1243 on: March 12, 2020, 12:22:57 pm »
There's a lot of fear being fomented about this virus that, quite frankly, I don't think is warranted—and all this cancelling classes and sporting events, the things that we use to take our minds off this stuff, is only going to make that fear worse. We're trading a physical illness for mental illness.

Not to mention how politicized it all has become. 

Our idiot governor of Kentucky is asking churches to cancel services this weekend while leaving schools open for business.  How does that make any sense?  People in churches tend to sit in their pews and mind their own business, while schools are full of little disease-vectors who regularly bring all manner of viruses home to their families. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1244 on: March 12, 2020, 12:27:33 pm »

Our idiot governor of Kentucky is asking churches to cancel services this weekend while leaving schools open for business.  How does that make any sense?  People in churches tend to sit in their pews and mind their own business, while schools are full of little disease-vectors who regularly bring all manner of viruses home to their families. 

Rome GA has a choir of folks in the hospital now.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1245 on: March 12, 2020, 12:28:46 pm »

And again....   As far as I know.....  NO ONE, under the age of 50 has died of this thing.  Yes, we the elderly need to take precautions, but is it worth the damage being done to our economy?.  The hysteria for this has been manufactured by the MSM to destroy Trump.  These are depicable bastards.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1246 on: March 12, 2020, 12:54:08 pm »
Coronavirus Can Live in Patients for Five Weeks After Contagion

Patients with the new coronavirus keep the pathogen in their respiratory tract for as long as 37 days, a new study found, suggesting they could remain infectious for many weeks.

In yet another sign of how difficult the pandemic may be to contain, doctors in China detected the virus’s RNA in respiratory samples from survivors for a median of 20 days after they became infected, they wrote in an article published in the Lancet medical journal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/coronavirus-can-live-in-patients-for-five-weeks-after-contagion?srnd=premium
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1247 on: March 12, 2020, 12:56:46 pm »
And again....   As far as I know.....  NO ONE, under the age of 50 has died of this thing.  Yes, we the elderly need to take precautions, but is it worth the damage being done to our economy?.  The hysteria for this has been manufactured by the MSM to destroy Trump.  These are depicable bastards.

I believe the whistle blower Chinese doctor who died was in his 30s.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1248 on: March 12, 2020, 01:20:05 pm »
I believe the whistle blower Chinese doctor who died was in his 30s.

LOL...   What do you think the Chicoms do with whistleblowers?  I beleive that about as much as I beleive in the tooth fairy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1249 on: March 12, 2020, 01:24:32 pm »
LOL...   What do you think the Chicoms do with whistleblowers?  I beleive that about as much as I beleive in the tooth fairy.
LOLOLOLOL....was thinking the same thing.