Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1150 on: March 11, 2020, 11:58:17 am »
Coronavirus: Health minister Nadine Dorries tests positive for COVID-19
The MP has voted twice in the House of Commons in the past week - likely meaning she has been in contact with hundreds of MPs.
Aubrey Allegretti, political reporter
Aubrey Allegretti    Political reporter @breeallegretti

Health minister Nadine Dorries has tested positive for coronavirus and a member of her staff is ill.

Ms Dorries is self-isolating at home and has appealed to fellow MPs to get in touch if they have recently been in contact with her, Sky News understands.

Read more at: https://news.sky.com/story/nadine-dorries-health-minister-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-11954928

Cautiously, it looks like the disease is in decline.

Dr. Oz or someone yesterday said, it actually had not killed, maybe any kids at all... You know, 0-9 years old or something like this.

Even some or all of the elderly, usually had some health risk already, heart problems, something....

Offline thackney

« Reply #1151 on: March 11, 2020, 12:12:50 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1152 on: March 11, 2020, 12:13:38 pm »
Looks like Belgium is now facing this, some in Spain.

Pretty good coverage at BNO, Breaking News Online:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk

What's missing? Florida isn't showing up and as we've been told, Florida has had at least, some cases.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1153 on: March 11, 2020, 12:15:26 pm »
Italian doctor at heart of illness shares chilling coronavirus thoughts
https://nypost.com/2020/03/10/italian-doctor-at-heart-of-illness-shares-chilling-coronavirus-thoughts/
March 10, 2020

...Italy, where more than 460 people have been killed and 9,172 others infected by the virus,...

...Describing every available ventilator as “gold,” Macchini said the doctors and nurses working at his side are exhausted.

“I saw the tiredness on faces that didn’t know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask, ‘What can I do for you now?’

“Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can’t save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.

“There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols,” he said.

Macchini noted that some of his colleagues have become infected themselves and then infected their relatives who “are already struggling between life and death.”

“So be patient, you can’t go to the theater, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate,” he said.

“I finish by saying that I really don’t understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there’s no mask on sale anymore. We don’t have a lot of studies, but is panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?”

Offline thackney

« Reply #1154 on: March 11, 2020, 12:19:32 pm »
Looks like Belgium is now facing this, some in Spain.

Pretty good coverage at BNO, Breaking News Online:

https://twitter.com/BNODesk

What's missing? Florida isn't showing up and as we've been told, Florida has had at least, some cases.

That map appears to be out of date.  The following link from John Hopkins is continuously updated:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Florida has had 28 confirmed cases with 2 deaths.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1155 on: March 11, 2020, 12:41:05 pm »
Coronavirus: Up to 70% of Germany could become infected - Merkel
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51835856

That's really alarmist. We will see.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1156 on: March 11, 2020, 12:42:31 pm »
Coronavirus: Up to 70% of Germany could become infected - Merkel
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51835856

That's really alarmist. We will see.

Yeah, I thought the French were white flag monkees. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1157 on: March 11, 2020, 12:47:45 pm »
US coronavirus cases surpass 1,000, Johns Hopkins University data shows

COVID-19 cases surpassed 1,000 in the United States on Tuesday as the new flu-like coronavirus sweeps across the country.

As of late Tuesday evening, there were at least 1,020 cases in the U.S., according to Johns Hopkins University data.

The virus is now present in at least 35 states and the District of Columbia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Almost half of all U.S. cases are in Washington state, California and New York, where the governors have all declared states of emergency to free up funding for communities battling outbreaks.

At least 28 people have died in the U.S. due to the virus, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the U.S. was reported in Washington state in January.

There were just over 100 confirmed cases in the U.S. on March 4, according to the World Health Organization. Since then, the virus has spread rapidly from the U.S. epicenter in Washington state across the country............

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/us-coronavirus-cases-surpass-1000-johns-hopkins-university-data-shows.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1158 on: March 11, 2020, 12:54:22 pm »
US coronavirus cases surpass 1,000, Johns Hopkins University data shows

COVID-19 cases surpassed 1,000 in the United States on Tuesday as the new flu-like coronavirus sweeps across the country.

As of late Tuesday evening, there were at least 1,020 cases in the U.S., according to Johns Hopkins University data.

The virus is now present in at least 35 states and the District of Columbia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Almost half of all U.S. cases are in Washington state, California and New York, where the governors have all declared states of emergency to free up funding for communities battling outbreaks.

At least 28 people have died in the U.S. due to the virus, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in the U.S. was reported in Washington state in January.

There were just over 100 confirmed cases in the U.S. on March 4, according to the World Health Organization. Since then, the virus has spread rapidly from the U.S. epicenter in Washington state across the country............

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/us-coronavirus-cases-surpass-1000-johns-hopkins-university-data-shows.html

2 cycles into the epidemic, and U.S. mortality rate is still under 3%. Plus I am not hearing any anecdotal evidence whatsoerver that any young people are dying.  This is shaping up to be primarily an issue for the elderly, and those elderly with pre-existing conditons. I think it is time for the strategy for controls to focus in that direction.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1159 on: March 11, 2020, 12:59:25 pm »
2 cycles into the epidemic, and U.S. mortality rate is still under 3%. Plus I am not hearing any anecdotal evidence whatsoerver that any young people are dying.  This is shaping up to be primarily an issue for the elderly, and those elderly with pre-existing conditons. I think it is time for the strategy for controls to focus in that direction.

Italy is at 6% Mortality

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1160 on: March 11, 2020, 01:10:04 pm »
Italy is at 6% Mortality

And as I said on another thread, they are somewhat the anomaly here.  This fact  could be a number of things.  Better testing and verification, Strain is mutating, and one other....    Italy's age demographic shows that it has a higher instance of >age 65 population than most of the  other countries in Europe.  Or, it could be a combination of these factors.

Offline thackney

« Reply #1161 on: March 11, 2020, 01:17:01 pm »
And as I said on another thread, they are somewhat the anomaly here.  This fact  could be a number of things.  Better testing and verification, Strain is mutating, and one other....    Italy's age demographic shows that it has a higher instance of >age 65 population than most of the  other countries in Europe.  Or, it could be a combination of these factors.

Or it could be they have got the largest sample size of infected with a more reliable reporting source than China, Iran, etc...

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1162 on: March 11, 2020, 02:29:20 pm »
Italy is at 6% Mortality
I prefer to not be in the 6%.  Anyone need any toilet paper?   happy77

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1163 on: March 11, 2020, 02:37:33 pm »
Italy is at 6% Mortality

Italy also has the second oldest population in the world (behind Japan).  Two days ago, I read that the youngest person to die from this in Italy was 55 and already had a slew of health problems.  So consider the sample makeup of the "infected" group.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #1164 on: March 11, 2020, 02:56:53 pm »
I prefer to not be in the 6%.  Anyone need any toilet paper?   happy77

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1165 on: March 11, 2020, 03:07:24 pm »
Italy also has the second oldest population in the world (behind Japan).  Two days ago, I read that the youngest person to die from this in Italy was 55 and already had a slew of health problems.  So consider the sample makeup of the "infected" group.
The Candace Owens tweet I posted above indicated that most Italian victims have been age 80+.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1166 on: March 11, 2020, 03:43:23 pm »
Italy is at 6% Mortality
Italy's Coronavirus victims have an average age of 81. 23% of the country is described as elderly.
That puts large numbers square in the at risk demographic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1168 on: March 11, 2020, 04:14:00 pm »
MATTHEW BELL: Deserted streets. The shops shut. A 6pm curfew. That's Italy now... so how did they get coronavirus so wrong?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8097903/How-did-Italy-initial-response-coronavirus-wrong.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1169 on: March 11, 2020, 04:50:09 pm »
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
BREAKING: Coronavirus can be characterized as a pandemic, WHO says
11:43 AM · Mar 11, 2020·Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1237781166780043264

"can be", that's kind of ambiguous language, it is or isn't...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:11:39 pm by TomSea »

Online corbe

« Reply #1170 on: March 11, 2020, 04:53:03 pm »
Many Americans aren’t panicking over coronavirus. They’re panicking over others panicking.

How much toilet paper does it take to stave off the coronavirus?

by Carl Durrek  March 11, 2020

Stocks plummeting. Events canceled. Toilet paper flying off the shelves. It’s the type of panic one might expect from a Hollywood production about a disease ravaging the world and leaving millions dead in its wake. The problem is, the coronavirus isn’t that disease. Compared to Hollywood visions, it’s minuscule. Compared the death toll of the flu. it’s barely existent.

With this known by many and becoming known by more, why can’t I buy toilet paper without waiting in a long line of other people waiting to buy toilet paper? I didn’t know, so I started asking. Unlike everyone else, I was actually out of toilet paper. But the rest of the people I talked to in line had toilet paper. They just wanted more.

Some said they wanted to get the essentials before there was a quarantine. I didn’t try to dissuade them or share the facts about the coronavirus which are, frankly, unimpressive from a mass extinction perspective. But the majority of people I asked said they weren’t concerned about the coronavirus or quarantines, but were more worried about other people worrying about the coronavirus or quarantines. Looking up and down the line, I realized they had a valid point.

<..snip..>

https://noqreport.com/2020/03/11/many-americans-arent-panicking-over-coronavirus-theyre-panicking-over-others-panicking/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1171 on: March 11, 2020, 04:57:50 pm »
Johns Hopkins coronavirus map changes "Taiwan" to "Taipei and environs"
Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian

Read more at: https://www.axios.com/johns-hopkins-coronavirus-map-taiwan-china-5c461906-4f1c-42e7-b78e-a4b43f4520ab.html?ref=hvper.com

Wrong for them to do, they should fix it. They probably get some foreign funding <--- Chinese money.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1172 on: March 11, 2020, 06:03:49 pm »
Going to an MSN link, which has a corona virus world map,and some statistics.
It is updated regularly.
The total number of the deaths divided by the amount of cases comes out to roughly 3.5% world wide.

4373/121564 = 0.035, or 3.5%

link:

www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6?ocid=eventhub

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1173 on: March 11, 2020, 06:20:06 pm »
"can be", that's kind of ambiguous language, it is or isn't...

There are times that the common cold is in "Pandemic Mode" in the most literalist of sense. Using words loosely like Pandemic to describe a disease that kills <0.2% of the population of healthy folks under 50?  Pretty damned irresponsible if you ask me, and just fosters hysteria.

Quote from my wife's Dr. this morning.....

"If the damned media and politicians would shut their mouths and let the Medical community do their job, this would go a 100% smoother in dealing with it."

She also said that it is her belief that warm weather will temper the spread of the virus as spring progresses.

Online DB

« Reply #1174 on: March 11, 2020, 06:24:29 pm »
There are times that the common cold is in "Pandemic Mode" in the most literalist of sense. Using words loosely like Pandemic to describe a disease that kills <0.2% of the population of healthy folks under 50?  Pretty damned irresponsible if you ask me, and just fosters hysteria.

Quote from my wife's Dr. this morning.....

"If the damned media and politicians would shut their mouths and let the Medical community do their job, this would go a 100% smoother in dealing with it."

She also said that it is her belief that warm weather will temper the spread of the virus as spring progresses.

I don't believe the word pandemic has anything to do with the fatality rate.