Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79645 times)

Online DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #1000 on: March 09, 2020, 09:10:58 pm »
Trump Recently Spent Time With Doug Collins And Matt Gaetz, Who Both Just Self-Quarantined Themselves Over Coronavirus Concern.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/09/trump-spent-friday-doug-collins-corona-virus-quarantine/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1001 on: March 09, 2020, 09:15:25 pm »

Coronavirus: Whole of Italy put on lockdown

The whole of Italy is being put on lockdown as the country tries to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

More follows...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-whole-of-italy-put-on-lockdown-11954097

@TomSea

I assume that includes Vatican City?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #1002 on: March 09, 2020, 09:17:45 pm »
Things are starting to go a little weird...

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #1003 on: March 09, 2020, 09:42:47 pm »
Things are starting to go a little weird...

I'll be 30 this year and in 30 years I've never seen 'not weird' as an actual thing!
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1004 on: March 09, 2020, 09:49:51 pm »
I'll be 30 this year and in 30 years I've never seen 'not weird' as an actual thing!

888high58888 :beer:  Love ya!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1005 on: March 09, 2020, 09:52:51 pm »

In October 1987, I remember CNN talking heads yelling that is was 1929 all over. At 30, I thought that was a distinct possibility.   Now though that, '00, 09, and now this, I can so that no two financial crisises are the same.  One thing though.  The best advise I ever got, was that when people are panicing and heading for the exits, is the best time to invest. 

Serious bargains are going to be found for those who do their homework. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1006 on: March 09, 2020, 10:11:08 pm »
My local county has decided to close schools tomorrow because of coronavirus.  Maybe they're just giving them a good cleaning.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1007 on: March 09, 2020, 10:47:44 pm »
Costumes or coronavirus? Synagogues cancel Purim celebrations.
Sarah Pulliam Bailey

Daphne’s mom, Susan Greene, she said she and her family still plan to go to the Purim events at their synagogue, Romemu. She shrugged and said she expects to get the virus eventually, because she and her two daughters pick up so many illnesses in school.

“What are you going to do?” she said. “You’re supposed to be happy for Purim.”

As of Friday afternoon, New York state had confirmed 33 cases of the coronavirus — 29 of them connected to an attorney, with many of those centered on his modern Orthodox synagogue in New Rochelle, which has been shut down until further notice.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/2020/03/06/purim-cancellations-coronavirus/

Scott Walker@ScottWalker
Happy Purim!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/1237134770821378048

More reading: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/25343

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/A-Purim-lesson-at-the-White-House-620356

Those last two links, not the most cheerful reading, thought I'd post this. Probably move to national news.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1008 on: March 09, 2020, 10:53:58 pm »
Jim Sciutto
@jimsciutto
Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-TX) was told he was in proximity of individual at CPAC who tested positive for coronavirus, according to a Gohmert aide.

Gohmert is choosing not to self-quarantine.

@FoxReports
 reporting

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1237133297572106243

In ways, it almost seems like someone went out to try and infect some CPAC attendees.  :pondering:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 10:55:32 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1009 on: March 09, 2020, 11:00:23 pm »
In ways, it almost seems like someone went out to try and infect some CPAC attendees.  :pondering:

These stories about prominent Republicans are just grist for the mill of demanding Trump stop having rallies that are hurting the Rats.  Fact.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1010 on: March 09, 2020, 11:22:10 pm »
In October 1987, I remember CNN talking heads yelling that is was 1929 all over. At 30, I thought that was a distinct possibility.   Now though that, '00, 09, and now this, I can so that no two financial crisises are the same.  One thing though.  The best advise I ever got, was that when people are panicing and heading for the exits, is the best time to invest. 

Serious bargains are going to be found for those who do their homework.
1987 low about 2000,  and two years later about double that

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1011 on: March 09, 2020, 11:38:19 pm »
From thackney's post:
"U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship.  CDC notes increased risk of infection of COVID-19 in a cruise ship environment. In order to curb the spread of COVID-19, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures that have denied port entry rights to ships and prevented passengers from disembarking."

This could put the entire cruise industry into the dry dock.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the major cruise ship operators files for bankruptcy before the end of the year...

Online DB

« Reply #1012 on: March 09, 2020, 11:40:51 pm »
From thackney's post:
"U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship.  CDC notes increased risk of infection of COVID-19 in a cruise ship environment. In order to curb the spread of COVID-19, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures that have denied port entry rights to ships and prevented passengers from disembarking."

This could put the entire cruise industry into the dry dock.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of the major cruise ship operators files for bankruptcy before the end of the year...

Yep. It is mostly the retired who have the time and money to take cruises.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1013 on: March 09, 2020, 11:43:48 pm »
1987 low about 2000,  and two years later about double that

And we will be significantly higher than today's close in a matter of weeks.  In the Stock Market, the reverse rule of gravity applies:  What goes down, most go up!  I knew that in '87 and '08.  I bought in then, and it paid off handsomely. I have my Castle.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1014 on: March 10, 2020, 12:26:12 am »
And we will be significantly higher than today's close in a matter of weeks.  In the Stock Market, the reverse rule of gravity applies:  What goes down, most go up!  I knew that in '87 and '08.  I bought in then, and it paid off handsomely. I have my Castle.

Agreede.Unless one needs money from the market now, better wait and likely wht has gone down will rise.

T
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1015 on: March 10, 2020, 12:46:59 am »
"Oh, and I assume you're ALWAYS buying ammunition so I'm just taking that one for granted!"

I lost my guns and ammunition in a tragic boating accident.
Not me. But the ground is thawing and it's time for digging a couple up... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1016 on: March 10, 2020, 12:47:13 am »

Oh just wait till you're in your 50's and separated from youth and their way of doing things by a generation. You ain't even begun to see weird.

:beer: :seeya:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1017 on: March 10, 2020, 01:59:12 am »
For the record, Politco had reporters at the event and they are being asked to self-quarantine.

What a load of garbage from the Washington Post, they are being sued over the Russia Hoax.... so, they are running an editorial "Trump's Chernobyl", total garbage, I won't even read it but it is out there.  So, they can't win on something, it shows they aren't serious so they hop on to something else.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1018 on: March 10, 2020, 02:49:18 am »
Agreede.Unless one needs money from the market now, better wait and likely wht has gone down will rise.

T

Makes me glad I retired earlier than expected, because I'd still be in the Market.  Granted, most of my portfolio had already been moved out of the Equities, but I'd still be pissed to lose 10's of thousands overnight.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1019 on: March 10, 2020, 03:37:59 am »
Two Million Infected? Iran Is Failing To Contain The Coronavirus.

The coronavirus has taken at least 237 lives, according to government figures, although unofficial numbers from hospitals and doctors suggest a much greater death toll.
by Masih Alinejad

The deadly COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak has wreaked havoc throughout Iran, another disaster that highlights the Islamic Republic’s mismanagement and raises further questions about its legitimacy.

Iranian authorities claim 7,161 cases of COVID-19, ranking fourth behind China, South Korea and Italy. Yet the Islamic Republic has completely botched its response to the coronavirus, which has claimed the lives of a number of high ranking officials and lawmakers.

Read more at: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/middle-east-watch/two-million-infected-iran-failing-contain-coronavirus-131137

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #1020 on: March 10, 2020, 06:30:28 am »

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1237107445685772289

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1021 on: March 10, 2020, 08:46:02 am »
I noticed the first independent tests in the US for checking for the virus was to be made a few miles from me here in Alabama... Proud of the locals doing this, hope they make a fortune. They came up with test themselves.

https://www.dtpm.com/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 08:55:00 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1022 on: March 10, 2020, 09:06:24 am »
Average age of death, 80 years old? That old?   I'm not finding confirmation of this. Still this is a good take.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 09:14:51 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1023 on: March 10, 2020, 12:27:47 pm »
Janie Hsieh, PhD
@JanieHsieh
Strange coincidence that all worst affected Covid19 cases are along the same Latitude 40ํ :
From left:
France Italy Iran Wuhan S.Korea Japan Seattle Washington NewYork
👇🏾

https://twitter.com/JanieHsieh/status/1237347223832272897

It's rough but close.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1024 on: March 10, 2020, 12:51:52 pm »

It's rough but close.

I believe it is just a coincidence.  Climates, socio-economic conditons, public health conditions, governmental action, etc, are better gauges of correlation. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.