Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79643 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #975 on: March 08, 2020, 09:23:23 pm »
Those people have to get food, medicines and basic supplies. How is that done when everything is shut down for so long?

True.  I would strongly encourage everyone to at minimum get a two week supply of food -- the time is NOW.  Unfortunately the risk has already increased, the best time would have been to get prepared when the virus first started infecting people outside of China and the 1st U.S. case was reported.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #976 on: March 08, 2020, 09:25:20 pm »
“It’s the most daunting virus that we’ve contended with in half a century or more,” Michael Mina, an epidemiologist at Harvard’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health, said at a panel discussion Friday at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/07/harvard-forum-experts-warn-most-daunting-virus-in-50-years/

Online libertybele

« Reply #977 on: March 08, 2020, 09:36:20 pm »
This virus is now in my area.   **nononono*  278 people in FL are currently being monitored.  Looks like Florida even with their very warm temperatures seems to have the potential right now for significantly more cases than the rest of the U.S.

Florida announces 2 coronavirus deaths, 7 new cases in 24 hours

......As of 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Florida authorities said eight people in the state have tested positive for COVID-19 -- seven are Florida residents and the eighth is a non-resident. Earlier in the week Gov. Ron Desantis said five Florida residents who had been traveling in China have also been quarantined outside the state after testing positive for the virus.

Florida residents currently in the state have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Health Department, with 88 tests still pending. Another 278 people in the state are being monitored for the virus.................

https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/07/department-of-health-2-florida-deaths-linked-to-coronavirus/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #978 on: March 08, 2020, 09:44:54 pm »
IMHO, this should be a no brainer right now. 

State Department: Amid coronavirus risk, Americans 'should not travel by cruise ship'

The State Department is warning all Americans, and not just the sick, to avoid getting on cruise ships in the wake of the coronavirus risk.

The department wrote in a tweet: "U.S. citizens, especially with underlying conditions, should not travel by cruise ship. #CDC notes increased risk of #COVID19 on cruises. Many countries have implemented screening procedures, denied port entry rights to ships and prevented disembarking."

As coronavirus concerns have sparked various problems among cruise ships, one company has been offering incentives for travelers to continue taking their voyages.......

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-state-department-cruise-ships-no-travel

Offline skeeter

« Reply #979 on: March 08, 2020, 09:53:43 pm »
True.  I would strongly encourage everyone to at minimum get a two week supply of food -- the time is NOW.  Unfortunately the risk has already increased, the best time would have been to get prepared when the virus first started infecting people outside of China and the 1st U.S. case was reported.

I spent thirty years preparing for a crisis with water, dry food, etc. Last dec we moved to a new town and have been renting a tiny cottage pending finding a new home. No supplies now.

Obviously this is personal.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 09:55:46 pm by skeeter »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #980 on: March 08, 2020, 11:59:52 pm »
Those people have to get food, medicines and basic supplies. How is that done when everything is shut down for so long?

The interview above with the scientist says everything is not absolutely shut down at least, in China.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/quarantined-scientist-reveals-what-it-s-be-china-s-hot-zone

I also heard elsewhere, say one family member can run to the store and get things but things are cut way back as to how mobile one can be.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #981 on: March 09, 2020, 12:51:06 am »
Ted Cruz to self-quarantine after contact with man infected by coronavirus

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/08/ted-cruz-self-quarantine-coronavirus-cpac-124120

The Texas senator said he would stay home for 14 days after interacting with the infected person at the recent CPAC conference in Maryland.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #982 on: March 09, 2020, 01:50:05 pm »
SPECIAL REPORT: Beshear says coronavirus patient worked at Cynthiana (KY) Walmart

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/SPECIAL-REPORT-Gov-Beshear-giving-update-on-coronavirus-cases-568624101.html

Gov. Beshear said Monday only one of the four patients had recently traveled. Which means the virus is community spread

We're told the two Harrison County patients are connected and one of them worked at the Cynthiana Walmart.

Beshear says health officials are also monitoring six other employees from that Walmart, but none of them have shown symptoms.

Those six people are self-isolating.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #983 on: March 09, 2020, 02:26:19 pm »
Ted Cruz to self-quarantine after contact with man infected by coronavirus

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/08/ted-cruz-self-quarantine-coronavirus-cpac-124120

The Texas senator said he would stay home for 14 days after interacting with the infected person at the recent CPAC conference in Maryland.

If I understood his statement corrector, he was exposed 10 days ago and will self-quarantine for the remaining 4.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #984 on: March 09, 2020, 02:27:25 pm »
a lot of our area schools have spring break this week, which may help slow down the spread somewhat.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #985 on: March 09, 2020, 02:31:48 pm »
If I understood his statement corrector, he was exposed 10 days ago and will self-quarantine for the remaining 4.

Maybe he is using the supposed worst case 24 day criteria.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #986 on: March 09, 2020, 02:32:55 pm »
a lot of our area schools have spring break this week, which may help slow down the spread somewhat.

OTOH, is there mass close-ness going on in Galveston, and South Padre?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #987 on: March 09, 2020, 03:02:14 pm »
Given the actual symptoms of this disease, shouldn't people be stocking up on cough drops, rather than toilet paper?

Coronavirus going to hit its peak and start falling sooner than you think
By Michael Fumento
March 8, 2020 | 8:52pm

Nations are closing borders, stocks are plummeting and a New York Times headline reads: “The Coronavirus Has Put the World’s Economy in Survival Mode.” Both political parties have realized the crisis could severely impact the November elections — House, Senate, presidency. And sacré bleu, they’ve even shuttered the Louvre!

Some of these reactions are understand­able, much of it pure hysteria. Meanwhile, the spread of the virus continues to slow. ...

Like the flu, the coronavirus is afflicting high-risk groups: the elderly, those with ­underlying health conditions like diabetes or heart disease and those with compromised immune systems. Are there exceptions? Sure. But that’s the case with almost every complex biological phenomenon of the kind.

More good news. This month, the Northern Hemisphere, which includes the countries with the most cases, starts heating up. Almost all respiratory viruses hate warm and moist weather.  ...
Full story at New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #988 on: March 09, 2020, 03:12:19 pm »
Given the actual symptoms of this disease, shouldn't people be stocking up on cough drops, rather than toilet paper?

Toilet paper is for being quarantined in your home.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #989 on: March 09, 2020, 03:19:45 pm »
Toilet paper is for being quarantined in your home.
Ah, I see.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #990 on: March 09, 2020, 03:22:21 pm »

Well, I reside in SWFL and it is hot and humid.  Our temps have already been in the '80's for a couple of days in the past couple of weeks and though cases of the flu virus have decreased, corona is slowly creeping in, with 278 possible cases.  Entrances to the ER have been slowed in order to question whether or not a person could potentially have the virus -- one hospital just north of here has called in a Hazmat unit.  We have two cases in my county, one died and 70 medical personnel being evaluated.

Also, a university just south of me brought back students and faculty early from Italy -- they are under self quarantine.  Where are they going to go?  Back to their home states?  The dorms?  This is absurd.  They should have never let them go in the first place.  Of course, the liberal logic took over.

So -- not so sure about the moist warm temperatures killing this virus.  I am doubtful.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:23:45 pm by libertybele »

Offline thackney

« Reply #991 on: March 09, 2020, 03:30:10 pm »
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/travelers-with-special-considerations/cruise-ship-passengers.html

U.S. citizens, particularly travelers with underlying health conditions, should not travel by cruise ship.  CDC notes increased risk of infection of COVID-19 in a cruise ship environment. In order to curb the spread of COVID-19, many countries have implemented strict screening procedures that have denied port entry rights to ships and prevented passengers from disembarking.  In some cases, local authorities have permitted disembarkation but subjected passengers to local quarantine procedures.  While the U.S. government has evacuated some cruise ship passengers in recent weeks, repatriation flights should not be relied upon as an option for U.S. citizens under the potential risk of quarantine by local authorities. 

This is a fluid situation.  CDC notes that older adults and travelers with underlying health issues should avoid situations that put them at increased risk for more severe disease.  This entails avoiding crowded places, avoiding non-essential travel such as long plane trips, and especially avoiding embarking on cruise ships.  Passengers with plans to travel by cruise ship should contact their cruise line companies directly for further information and continue to monitor the Travel.state.gov website and see the latest information from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

Offline TomSea

« Reply #993 on: March 09, 2020, 04:45:39 pm »
Six inmates have died after riots broke out at 27 prisons in Italy over new restrictions aimed at controlling the spread of coronavirus, local media say.

In Milan, prisoners set fire to part of the San Vittore prison before protesting on the roof after they were told that visits had been suspended.

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said the coronavirus outbreak was Italy's "darkest hour".

Read more at:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51805727

More BBC:

Coronavirus: Are women and children less affected?

Women seem to be less likely to die from coronavirus than men, and children appear to be less likely to die than other age groups.

Most people will get a mild infection, but the pattern is clear in the most severe cases. So what is going on?

Are there any risks in pregnancy?

Officially the answer is no, but experts have raised doubts.

Pregnancy does many things to the body, including weakening the immune system.

More: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51774777

Coronavirus information: How to stay safe
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51711227

Lots of good info above.

Offline MeganC

• I'm the same MeganC from Free Republic.
« Reply #994 on: March 09, 2020, 08:09:05 pm »

I posted this on February 24th over on FR and maybe you might find it a helpful resource:

The Coronavirus is here and the first thing to do is to take reasonable precautions to prevent infection starting with the simple step of declining to shake hands with everyone. Just say NO!!

But at home you do need to be reasonably ready for the possibility that you may be quarantined yourself or that your city/town might be isolated for as much as eight weeks.

FEMA has a great list to start with and you can find it here:

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-data/1390846764394-dc08e309debe561d866b05ac84daf1ee/checklist_2014.pdf

The LDS also have a useful list of things to store up on and it's a good list to check as you go about your preparedness.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/ensign/2006/03/random-sampler/food-storage-for-one-year?lang=eng

My own advice and how my family has already prepared is simple: Buy what you need for up to eight weeks of isolation but only buy those non-perishable foods, toiletries, and etc, that you were going to use anyway.

Don't go buying a 50 pound bag of rice if you don't eat rice. Ditto with beans or other such dry goods.

Only buy what you were going to use anyway but just get enough to last you up to eight weeks.

Then after this thing blows over you can just use up the extra supplies until they get down to your normal level of such things.

Oh, and I assume you're ALWAYS buying ammunition so I'm just taking that one for granted!

Megan
There is nothing feminine about feminism.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #995 on: March 09, 2020, 08:11:23 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #996 on: March 09, 2020, 08:15:00 pm »
GOP Rep. Doug Collins self-quarantines after exposure to coronavirus patient

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/486666-doug-collins-to-self-quarantine-after-coming-in-contact-with-coronavirus

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #997 on: March 09, 2020, 08:34:57 pm »
I posted this on February 24th over on FR and maybe you might find it a helpful resource:

"Oh, and I assume you're ALWAYS buying ammunition so I'm just taking that one for granted!"

I lost my guns and ammunition in a tragic boating accident.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #998 on: March 09, 2020, 08:36:46 pm »
GOP Rep. Doug Collins self-quarantines after exposure to coronavirus patient

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/486666-doug-collins-to-self-quarantine-after-coming-in-contact-with-coronavirus

I saw an interview on FBN this morning with Matt Sclapp who's "quarantined," and he Skyped it in.  This won't stop any of them from making TeeBee appearances.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #999 on: March 09, 2020, 08:50:12 pm »

Coronavirus: Whole of Italy put on lockdown

The whole of Italy is being put on lockdown as the country tries to contain the coronavirus outbreak.

More follows...

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-whole-of-italy-put-on-lockdown-11954097

@TomSea
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:54:04 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️