Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #950 on: March 08, 2020, 02:53:26 am »
80+, almost a 15% chance of dying if you contract it but that still would mean having about an 85% chance of surviving.  :pondering:

This is actually pretty consistent with the data coming from China. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #951 on: March 08, 2020, 02:56:05 am »
Jerusalem Post Middle East
Iranian official involved in US hostage crisis dies of coronavirus
The speaker of the parliament claimed that the former ambassador was recovering from the infection the day before his death.
By ZACHARY KEYSER   MARCH 7, 2020

Former Iranian ambassador to Syria Hossein Sheikholeslam, 68, died on Thursday after contracting coronavirus earlier in the week, according to Radio Farda.

Sheikholeslam tested positive for the virus two days prior and was taken to a local hospital in Tehran where all infected Iranian officials are currently being treated. It is reported that 8% of Iranian members of parliament are infected with the disease.

Read more at: https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iranian-official-involved-in-US-embassy-hostage-crisis-dies-of-coronavirus-620032

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #952 on: March 08, 2020, 02:58:51 am »
What is the survival rate for 80-year-olds with influenza?

This won't tell you exactly since the last demographic for flu is >65, but from what I remember the >80 age Mortality is I think somewhere between 1.5-2%
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #953 on: March 08, 2020, 03:21:11 am »

I noticed that.

I'm worried about my parents. My dad will be 80 this year and my mom will be 77.

Worried just a tad myself, I am over 60.  We are curtailing our outside contact, shopping late a night at Walmart for supplies, with a pocket full of clorox wipes in tow.  I know the fatality risk is pretty low, but no need to take unnecssary risks.

OTOH, based on what I am seeing, if I was 25, the only precaution I'd be taking is making sure I didn't infect anyone else.

Online corbe

« Reply #954 on: March 08, 2020, 04:11:43 am »
This is an absurd thing to say when the MSM has America even more paranoid about this $hit.

Trump says campaign rallies won't stop over coronavirus fears

by Rob Crilly

March 07, 2020 08:48 PM

PALM BEACH, Florida — President Trump said he had no plans to scale back his campaign rallies and was not concerned about the new coronavirus reaching Washington, D.C.

Speaking to reporters at Mar-a-Lago, ahead of a working dinner with Brazilian President Jair Bolsanaro, he was asked whether the emergence of a case at last month's Conservative Political Action Conference would force him to change his mind on holding big campaign events.

"We'll hold tremendous rallies," he said.

Earlier, it emerged that a D.C. man in his 50s had been hospitalized with COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but Trump said he was not worried about the disease's proximity to the White House.

“I’m not concerned at all,” he said.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-says-campaign-rallies-wont-stop-over-coronavirus-fears
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #955 on: March 08, 2020, 04:14:05 am »
I'm not sure what to make of that, @corbe.  I should think he'll be walking that one back a bit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #956 on: March 08, 2020, 04:15:26 am »
   Maybe he and Pence know something were not privy to.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #957 on: March 08, 2020, 04:17:07 am »
   I'd hate to give up smoking at this late juncture of my life, I thought if I just continued to stay away from Trump Ralleys I'd be safe enough.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #958 on: March 08, 2020, 04:25:03 am »
   I'd hate to give up smoking at this late juncture of my life, I thought if I just continued to stay away from Trump Ralleys I'd be safe enough.

If COVID-19 doesn't get you, Antifa will with a baseball bat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #959 on: March 08, 2020, 04:25:53 am »
FDNY issues order pulling back firefighters from calls describing coronavirus symptoms; says it is prioritizing responses

By Ginger Adams Otis, New York Daily News 2 hrs ago

A department order issued Friday says 911 calls for asthma attacks, fever, coughs and difficult breathing will be handled by the Emergency Medical Service.

Fire companies with certified first responder training that would normally accompany ambulances are being to stand down, the order said.

“Effective immediately, the following call types will temporarily not receive a CFR response,” states paperwork obtained by The News.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fdny-issues-order-pulling-back-firefighters-from-calls-describing-coronavirus-symptoms-says-it-is-prioritizing-responses/ar-BB10SSHT?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #960 on: March 08, 2020, 09:40:25 am »
Italy Locks Down the Country’s North to Fight Coronavirus

MILAN—The Italian government is locking down 17 million people—more than a quarter of its population—including in Milan, the surrounding Lombardy region and 14 neighboring provinces, in the most sweeping steps any European country has prepared to take against the coronavirus epidemic.

A decree from the Italian Prime Minister’s office says people living in Lombardy, where Milan is the capital, and the named provinces in Lombardy’s nearby regions must “absolutely avoid any movement into and out of the areas.”

Police, emergency services and if needed the army will be available to enforce the quarantine. People violating the lockdown can be punished with a fine or jail terms, according to the draft decree.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/italy-plans-large-scale-lockdown-in-countrys-north-to-fight-coronavirus-11583613874
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #961 on: March 08, 2020, 09:41:58 am »
Italy Locks Down the Country’s North to Fight Coronavirus

MILAN—The Italian government is locking down 17 million people—more than a quarter of its population—including in Milan, the surrounding Lombardy region and 14 neighboring provinces, in the most sweeping steps any European country has prepared to take against the coronavirus epidemic.

A decree from the Italian Prime Minister’s office says people living in Lombardy, where Milan is the capital, and the named provinces in Lombardy’s nearby regions must “absolutely avoid any movement into and out of the areas.”

Police, emergency services and if needed the army will be available to enforce the quarantine. People violating the lockdown can be punished with a fine or jail terms, according to the draft decree.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/italy-plans-large-scale-lockdown-in-countrys-north-to-fight-coronavirus-11583613874

S**t just got real. My phone just woke me up with sirens over this story.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #962 on: March 08, 2020, 11:42:50 am »
Excerpt, interview. US Scientist Clifford Lane interviewed:

Quarantined at home now, U.S. scientist describes his visit to China’s hot zone
By Jon Cohen  Mar. 6, 2020 , 1:00 PM

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases

Q: What was eye opening to you on the trip?

A: I’d never been to China. I was really surprised with how modern the cities were, and how high technology was in many of the places we visited. The briefing rooms at China’s CDC [Center for Disease Control and Prevention] with these multipanel screens and multiple displays of data was quite impressive. And cities with 15 million people, that’s like, no big deal.

Q: What about the epidemic response itself?

A: There was a completely unified perspective of how this virus was the enemy, and we were launching an attack and we’re going to defeat it. I heard it from the governor of Guangdong province and then we would go to a market, and a community center, and they would be telling us the same thing. And [health officials] were rapidly evolving their approaches. They were on, like, version six of their guidelines for treatment, and that was impressive to me that they were moving that quickly. They were also aggressive in their intensive care, using ECMO [extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, a method that artificially oxygenates blood for a limited period] and people were surviving. If you could maintain someone long enough—I’m just guessing now—for their immune system to grab hold and eliminate the viruses, the people would survive. [According to the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization, 250 facilities in the United States that perform ECMO are on the global registry, but many unregistered centers in the country do have the equipment and occasionally perform it.]

Q: Could the United States lockdown Washington, D.C., for this virus?

See interview at: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/03/quarantined-scientist-reveals-what-it-s-be-china-s-hot-zone

Offline TomSea

« Reply #963 on: March 08, 2020, 11:58:50 am »
She came in from Northern Italy.

I Just Got Back From Coronavirus Hot Zone, and No One at JFK Seemed to Notice
I breezed right through security, faster than any other time I can remember.
by Julia Lindau
Mar 6 2020

NEW YORK — When I arrived at New York’s JFK Airport on Thursday after spending a few days outside a coronavirus hot zone in Italy, I was expecting a shakedown: a temperature check at customs and some questions about where exactly in the region I’d been and if I had come into contact with any sick people during my stay.

Instead, I breezed right through security, faster than any other time I can remember.

The lack of precautions was jarring considering where I’d just been. I had been on a reporting trip to the Lombardy region of Italy, the epicenter of that country's coronavirus outbreak. According to the Italian government, of the 4,636 people in the country who’ve contracted the virus, around half got it in Lombardy. And while I didn't go inside the exclusion zone, or in any way come in contact with anyone exposed, the mere fact that I'd been to Lombardy should have raised a red flag.

Read more at: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akwyna/i-just-got-back-from-a-coronavirus-hot-zone-and-no-one-at-jfk-seemed-to-notice

Offline TomSea

« Reply #964 on: March 08, 2020, 12:06:58 pm »
Mike
@Doranimated
Here is a list of senior Iranian officials infected with the Coronavirus. It is by no means complete.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1236577845616443392

Mike
@Doranimated
·
7h
Remember this when apologists for the Islamic Republic claim that US sanctions prevent effective action against the Coronavirus. Sanctions don’t stop medical aid from getting into the country. But the corrupt Iranian authorities hijack the aid and sell it to enrich themselves.

See tweet:

https://twitter.com/Doranimated/status/1236505167392051201
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:08:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #965 on: March 08, 2020, 12:41:12 pm »
No kidding, the article mentions yoga, some yoga is in a hot studio so you do sweat more.  That can have it's drawbacks.

Gyms and Coronavirus: What Are the Risks?
Sweat cannot transmit the virus but high-contact surfaces, such as barbells, can pose a problem, a doctor said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/08/health/coronavirus-gyms-safety.html

Gyms, health clubs are good places. I think they are worse in the winter for picking up germs. The article doesn't even mention steam rooms. Or even saunas. I haven't been lately. We will see if this straightens itself out.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #966 on: March 08, 2020, 02:38:16 pm »
I’m kinda sad and scared. They have someone in my county now that’s hospitalized that might have it.

The media announced this last night. People will be going crazy at the stores today.

Offline DB

« Reply #967 on: March 08, 2020, 03:06:36 pm »
The cat is well out of the bag. The only thing to do is be careful and prepare for it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #968 on: March 08, 2020, 03:37:50 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #970 on: March 08, 2020, 03:53:34 pm »
I’m kinda sad and scared. They have someone in my county now that’s hospitalized that might have it.

The media announced this last night. People will be going crazy at the stores today.

Well, I am not scared but concerned.  Two people in the county that I reside in have tested positive for the corona; one has died, the other has been hospitalized -- so the death toll in my country right now is 50%.  Two counties north of here, have 3 confirmed cases and several quarantined.

The flu has hit this area hard and now with this additional virus in my county, I am not going out unless absolutely necessary. We prepped a long time ago with food and paper goods, I went out when cases of coronavirus were reported in the U.S and bought extra Clorox wipes, Clorox and hand sanitizer.

Unfortunately, we had out of town guests this weekend and previous weekend from several different parts of the country -- I washed the counters down, sanitized and cleaned the bathroom and sanitized all the door knobs when they left. Two family members from different states were coughing, congested and had a runny nose.  They claimed it was allergies.  Really?  Thanks. That's all we need.  Both hubby and I aren't in the best health.

Hello people -- if you are sick, under the weather, not feeling well, allergies or not (how do you actually know?), PLEASE. PLEASE stay home and don't risk infecting the rest of us!!!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:57:28 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #971 on: March 08, 2020, 03:58:31 pm »

Hell I got 32 in mine.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #972 on: March 08, 2020, 04:33:56 pm »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #973 on: March 08, 2020, 04:35:55 pm »
This is a big deal.

16M people under quarantine is a big deal -- I hope that they extend the duration of the quarantine to be on the safe side to 24 days instead of the usual 14.  People have become symptomatic beyond the 14 day period.

Offline DB

« Reply #974 on: March 08, 2020, 05:09:00 pm »
16M people under quarantine is a big deal -- I hope that they extend the duration of the quarantine to be on the safe side to 24 days instead of the usual 14.  People have become symptomatic beyond the 14 day period.

Those people have to get food, medicines and basic supplies. How is that done when everything is shut down for so long?