Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Online DB

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2020, 05:10:35 pm »
And the original article in Chinese though, the bing translator was able to bring it up in English if one really wanted to read it, I did "simple Chinese":  http://www.xinhuanet.com/2020-03/04/c_1125660473.htm

And this is why, we don't want China to have so much dominance.

Right... China doesn't have enough medical resources to fight what's going on there now. I'm supposed to believe they have plenty of extra materials to export to "save" the US. Due to a virus they released on the world. Just attempted face saving bluster.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2020, 06:27:15 pm »
Right... China doesn't have enough medical resources to fight what's going on there now. I'm supposed to believe they have plenty of extra materials to export to "save" the US. Due to a virus they released on the world. Just attempted face saving bluster.

Do you have a source for this? They may be short of hospital beds and even hospitals but I'm not sure they have a pharmaceutical shortage. This was covered pages ago and a Senator even said this.

80% of key ingredients in American Drugs come from China, NBC investigation finds.
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/80-of-key-ingredients-in-american-drugs-come-from-china-nbc-news-investigation-finds-68787781640

So, one wants to say, "oh, that's NBC:

from Asia Unbound and Global Health Program
U.S. Dependence on Pharmaceutical Products From China

Blog Post by Yanzhong Huang

August 14, 2019
A technician works at a product line of the Inactivated H1N1 Influenza Vaccine in Sinovac Biotech Ltd., a Chinese vaccine making company, in Beijing, September 3, 2009. REUTERS/Jason Lee (CHINA BUSINESS HEALTH)

Last month, the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission held a hearing on the United States’ growing reliance on China's pharmaceutical products. The topic reminded me of a spirited discussion described in Bob Woodward’s book, Fear: Trump in the White House. In the discussion, Gary Cohn, then chief economic advisor to President Trump, argued against a trade war with China by invoking a Department of Commerce study that found that 97 percent of all antibiotics in the United States came from China. “If you’re the Chinese and you want to really just destroy us, just stop sending us antibiotics,” he said.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/us-dependence-pharmaceutical-products-china

Expert Warns Congress About U.S. Dependency on China for Medicine
By Brad Jones
September 18, 2019

As tension mounts between the world’s two largest economic powers, the United States and China, experts warn that the most populous nation on the globe virtually holds the key to America’s medicine cabinet.

Ninety percent of prescriptions in the U.S. are filled with generic drugs, and China dominates the industry that provides the necessary active pharmaceutical ingredients to drug manufacturers.

“This is an untold story and it has huge implications for our health and security,” Rosemary Gibson, senior advisor at The Hastings Center, told The Epoch Times

https://www.theepochtimes.com/expert-warns-congress-about-u-s-dependency-on-china-for-medicine_3082132.html

This has been ALL OVER THE NEWS.

I was honest and I said, maybe that means mainly simple drugs, aspirin, painkillers but the data is certainly there.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2020, 06:30:04 pm »
Fox News:

America too dependent on China for its medicine, experts warn
By Bryan Llenas | Fox News

Experts are warning America has become too dependent on China for its medicine -- everything from painkillers, to antibiotics, and even aspirin can all be sourced back to a country the Department of Defense considers an adversary.

The Food and Drug Administration estimates that at least 80 percent of the active ingredients found in all of America's medicines come from abroad – primarily China.

"Imagine if China turned off that spigot," said Rosemary Gibson, author of "China RX: The Risks of America's Dependence on China for Medicine." "China's aim is to become the global pharmacy to the world -- it says that. It wants to disrupt, to dominate, and displace American and other Western companies."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/america-dependent-china-medicines

The articles are endless really.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #903 on: March 06, 2020, 06:34:30 pm »
Unrelated, I see Cliff Kincaid has posted another editorial on this topic, tin foil or not, interesting reading:

Is the coronavirus China's revenge on Trump?

By Cliff Kincaid
March 4, 2020

In his 1968 non-fiction blockbuster, The Biological Time Bomb, Gordon Rattray Taylor wrote about the prospect of germ warfare in the context of "undeclared war." He explained, "In current thinking the best way to wage war is to wage it without your enemy even being aware that it is happening." He was predicting the use of infectious diseases to cripple a nation.

The current war, however, is out in the open.

Looking at the economic damage being inflicted on the United States and the world, one cannot dismiss the possibility that the rapidly-spreading coronavirus is China's revenge on America for President Trump's trade war. The virus has the potential impact to cause a major economic recession and sabotage President Trump's reelection effort. Health emergencies are being declared around the country as the number of coronavirus cases increase. The interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve is an indication of desperation.

Read more at: http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kincaid/200304

Seems possible if not plausible.  Cliff links to that prior book, "Biological Time Bomb"...   https://www.amazon.com/BIOLOGICAL-TIME-GORDON-RATTRAY-TAYLOR/dp/0500010463

Online DB

« Reply #904 on: March 06, 2020, 06:52:57 pm »
They have massive test and mask shortages and have to also have shortages of all the antiviral drugs they use to treat this.

That report's claim is the Chinese virus is going to do major damage to the US if they cut off supplies used to fight it. China may well supply 80% of the base ingredients to many different drugs. But the list of drugs to fight this virus is short and the vast majority of those other drugs are not related to this fight. That short list of drugs has to already be fully consumed by Chinese demand.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #905 on: March 06, 2020, 08:29:21 pm »
So... today I went to my local Jimmy John's to pick up a couple of subs for lunch.  The lady ahead of me was taking her sweet time, then she went to get her drinks and started walking back towards me.  I noticed she had on a mask; however, she had the mask across her mouth and chin and left her nose completely exposed ... is it me, or was the way she was wearing her mask completely useless??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DB

« Reply #906 on: March 06, 2020, 09:05:03 pm »
So... today I went to my local Jimmy John's to pick up a couple of subs for lunch.  The lady ahead of me was taking her sweet time, then she went to get her drinks and started walking back towards me.  I noticed she had on a mask; however, she had the mask across her mouth and chin and left her nose completely exposed ... is it me, or was the way she was wearing her mask completely useless??

Only a little more useless than wearing correctly. The virus is smaller than an N95 mask filters and those are the higher grade more expensive ones. Likely the only good a mask does is if the wearer is sick and coughing. That should reduce the risk to others.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #907 on: March 06, 2020, 10:07:54 pm »
SXSW cancelled.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #908 on: March 06, 2020, 10:22:27 pm »
SXSW cancelled.

From Austin TV station KXAN:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — On Friday, Austin Mayor Steve Adler, along with other city and county leaders announced that the 2020 South by Southwest festival would be canceled amid nationwide and local concerns over COVID-19, the virus caused by the Wuhan coronavirus.

Excerpted, full article here: https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/city-county-leaders-to-give-updates-on-sxsw-other-spring-events-amid-covid-19-concerns/
Let it burn.

Online corbe

« Reply #909 on: March 06, 2020, 10:45:07 pm »
'Germ-fest' party preceded deadly nursing home outbreak

By BERNARD CONDON and CARLA K. JOHNSON, Associated Press 57 mins ago

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) — In the days before the Life Care Center nursing home became ground zero for coronavirus deaths in the U.S., there were few signs it was girding against an illness spreading rapidly around the world.

Visitors came in as they always did, sometimes without signing in. Staffers had only recently begun wearing face masks, but the frail residents and those who came to see them were not asked to do so. And organized events went on as planned, including a purple-and-gold-festooned Mardi Gras party last week, where dozens of residents and visitors packed into a common room, passed plates of sausage, rice and king cake, and sang as a Dixieland band played “When the Saints Go Marching In.”

“We were all eating, drinking, singing and clapping to the music,” said Pat McCauley, who was there visiting a friend. “In hindsight, it was a real germ-fest.”

That was just three days before last Saturday’s announcement that a Life Care health care worker in her 40s and a resident in her 70s had been diagnosed with the new virus. The news would be followed over the next few days by the first resident deaths: two men in their 70s, a woman in her 70s and a woman in her 80s.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/germ-fest-party-preceded-deadly-nursing-home-outbreak/ar-BB10QNR2?ocid=spartanntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

« Reply #910 on: March 06, 2020, 10:45:14 pm »
From Austin TV station KXAN:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — On Friday, Austin Mayor Steve Adler, along with other city and county leaders announced that the 2020 South by Southwest festival would be canceled amid nationwide and local concerns over COVID-19, the virus caused by the Wuhan coronavirus.

Excerpted, full article here: https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/city-county-leaders-to-give-updates-on-sxsw-other-spring-events-amid-covid-19-concerns/

No doubt that the virus is the root cause....but the people pulling out of the event is an economic cause. jmho If not for that...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #911 on: March 06, 2020, 11:32:33 pm »
Pence says 21 people on cruise ship off California tested positive for coronavirus
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486394-pence-says-21-people-on-cruise-ship-off-california-have-coronavirus

Nineteen are crew members...this is how it has spread on the cruise and the previous cruise.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #912 on: March 06, 2020, 11:57:01 pm »
Pence says 21 people on cruise ship off California tested positive for coronavirus
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486394-pence-says-21-people-on-cruise-ship-off-california-have-coronavirus

Nineteen are crew members...this is how it has spread on the cruise and the previous cruise.

:thud:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #913 on: March 07, 2020, 12:53:13 am »
@TomSea
@Once-Ler
@mystery-ak
@musiclady
@roamer_1

I will tell you how a new virus emerges from China and spreads around the world - I wrote about this in my book, "Emergencies Happen!  Be Prepared Now!".

I was in China and saw how it happens; not long after I got home, another new virus was in China and they did extensive research and found what I already knew due to seeing the possibility.  They could have saved a lot of money if they had called me - I would have told them - wild birds/ducks/chickens/sickness/deaths.

I was in the Chinese countryside where solid white Pekin Ducks are raised.  They live in the entire open countryside (not in pens or coops) - as far as you can see, it looks like snow covers the land.  These ducks have free roam walking among the people.  Went to an open market - the ducks were walking among us and there were dead ducks and dead chickens hanging up on wires for sale.

This is what happens and what their researchers found:
1.  Wild diseased birds land on the ducks and spread the new virus to the ducks, where they, unknowingly,
2. infect chickens on farms as they mingle among the chickens. 
3.  The farmers kill their chickens for family food, handle the dead chickens, getting the virus all over the farmer cooks, who spread the virus to the family members,
4.  who spread it to everyone with whom they come in contact so the virial disease infects others.
5.  Someone infected travels by air, spreads it to passengers who spread it when they leave the plane, and continue to infect others in the country where they now are.
6.  At the end of the research for this virus, they now know the ducks must be killed to stop the spread of the virus.  They killed all ducks where disease was.

So, now, today, there is a new virus.  Can't kill all wild birds, so, I believe thousands/to millions of Pekin Ducts are going to be killed again.  It is also possible that mosquitoes bite the wild birds, carry the virus, and then bite Pekin Ducks. 

Advice: If you fly to somewhere, do not use the first bathroom available when you get off the plane.  People tend to go to the first one so they can have more privacy than on the plane and anyone sick is for sure going to that one and they will leave virus or bacteria in that bathroom.  Wait until you get to another bathroom away from the first one.  When you have finished using the potty, do not touch your face until after you wash your hands well with provided soap and water.  After that, if you have a bottle or sheet of hand sanitizer, use it when out of the bathroom.

I can show you how it happens too.  Watch the video.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bat+soup+china&view=detail&mid=A18FEC2AC048E3CC16F4A18FEC2AC048E3CC16F4&FORM=VIRE
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #914 on: March 07, 2020, 01:44:50 am »
Drudge Report had this up and this is from "The Week",
China's coronavirus recovery is 'all fake,' whistleblowers and residents claim
Kathryn Krawczyk
2:13 p.m.

China's claims of how it's handling coronavirus recovery should be taken with more than a few grains of salt.

Even before COVID-19 became a global crisis, Chinese leaders had been criticized for their handling of the situation and lack of transparency about the disease's progression. Things now look like they're on the upswing, and businesses even appear to be headed back to work — but whistleblowers and local officials tell Caixan that's just a carefully crafted ruse.

Beijing has spent much of the outbreak pushing districts to carry on business as usual, with some local governments subsidizing electricity costs and even installing mandatory productivity quotas. Zhejiang, an province east of the epicenter city of Wuhan, claimed as of Feb. 24 it had restored 98.6 percent of its pre-coronavirus work capacity.

But civil servants tell Caixan that businesses are actually faking these numbers. Beijing had started checking Zhejiang businesses' electricity consumption levels, so district officials ordered the companies to start leaving their lights and machinery on all day to drive the numbers up, one civil servant said. Businesses have reportedly falsified staff attendance logs as well — they "would rather waste a small amount of money on power than irritate local officials," Caixan writes.

Read more at: https://theweek.com/speedreads/900488/chinas-coronavirus-recovery-all-fake-whistleblowers-residents-claim

Thank you @Victoria33  I will read all of that thoroughly.

We seem to really be in un-charted territory.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #915 on: March 07, 2020, 01:47:13 am »
These cleaners kill coronavirus: Lysol, Clorox, Purell products make EPA's disinfectants list

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has released a list of disinfectants to protect against the spread of the coronavirus.

According to the EPA, products on the list have "qualified for use against COVID-19" through the agency's Emerging Viral Pathogen program where manufacturers provide the EPA with data that "shows their products are effective against harder-to-kill viruses."

Coronaviruses are what are called enveloped viruses, "meaning they are one of the easiest types of viruses to kill with the appropriate disinfectant product," the EPA says.

“Using the correct disinfectant is an important part of preventing and reducing the spread of illnesses along with other critical aspects such as hand washing,” EPA administrator Andrew Wheeler said in a news release. “EPA is providing this important information in a public and transparent manner on disinfectant products to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.”

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #916 on: March 07, 2020, 01:51:56 am »
Drudge Report had this up and this is from "The Week",
Thank you @Victoria33  I will read all of that thoroughly.

We seem to really be in un-charted territory.

I like @Victoria33 quite a bit.  I bought her book, and it's very good!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #917 on: March 07, 2020, 02:35:01 am »
No way would I fly or go on a cruise ship right now.

Should I cancel my flight? Will recirculated air on a plane spread coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know before traveling

Judi LiVigni was supposed to fly from New York to San Diego last week to visit her brother, who she usually sees only once a year. But the day of her flight, she chose to cancel her trip because of concerns regarding the coronavirus outbreak. LiVigni, a 51-year-old registered dietician who lives on Long Island, had planned a quick weekend getaway, but doubts were swirling in her mind as new cases of COVID-19 were being confirmed on the West Coast.

Before her flight, she headed to a pharmacy to pick up hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes for her trip. She decided to ask the pharmacist for advice as to whether or not she should travel. “She tells me that she cancelled her upcoming flight, that’s all I needed to hear,” LiVigni said. “I decided I did not want to be strapped into a seat for six hours next to a potentially infected human.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/should-i-cancel-my-flight-will-recirculated-air-on-a-plane-spread-coronavirus-heres-what-you-need-to-know-before-traveling-2020-03-06?mod=home-page
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 02:36:48 am by libertybele »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #918 on: March 07, 2020, 04:08:03 am »
https://www.nbcnews.com/better/lifestyle/how-avoid-falling-victim-coronavirus-phishing-email-attack-ncna1137941?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

NBC Red Banner says Florida has announced 2 coronavirus deaths.

Also:
How to avoid falling victim to a coronavirus phishing email attack
Cybercrooks hope to exploit your fears with phishing emails designed to steal money, snag personal information and infect computers.

Feb. 18, 2020, 1:57 PM CST / Updated March 6, 2020, 2:27 PM CST
By Herb Weisbaum

If you got an email from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or the World Health Organization about the coronavirus outbreak, would you read it? Maybe click on a link? Cybercriminals are counting on it.

The outbreak is a dream come true for criminals who will use it as basis for email attacks designed to snag personal information, steal money and infect computers with malware.

Malicious email linked to the coronavirus first appeared in early February, making it one of the first big phishing campaigns of the year.

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/better/lifestyle/how-avoid-falling-victim-coronavirus-phishing-email-attack-ncna1137941?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 04:08:55 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #919 on: March 07, 2020, 04:10:07 am »
No way would I fly or go on a cruise ship right now.

Should I cancel my flight? Will recirculated air on a plane spread coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know before traveling

Judi LiVigni was supposed to fly from New York to San Diego last week to visit her brother, who she usually sees only once a year. But the day of her flight, she chose to cancel her trip because of concerns regarding the coronavirus outbreak. LiVigni, a 51-year-old registered dietician who lives on Long Island, had planned a quick weekend getaway, but doubts were swirling in her mind as new cases of COVID-19 were being confirmed on the West Coast.

Before her flight, she headed to a pharmacy to pick up hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes for her trip. She decided to ask the pharmacist for advice as to whether or not she should travel. “She tells me that she cancelled her upcoming flight, that’s all I needed to hear,” LiVigni said. “I decided I did not want to be strapped into a seat for six hours next to a potentially infected human.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/should-i-cancel-my-flight-will-recirculated-air-on-a-plane-spread-coronavirus-heres-what-you-need-to-know-before-traveling-2020-03-06?mod=home-page

Planes but the above must also apply to some extent to buses and trains, both which can really, really get crowded.

Online corbe

« Reply #920 on: March 07, 2020, 04:12:18 am »
Sea Level - Nothing Matters But The Fever

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #921 on: March 07, 2020, 04:13:22 am »
There are other factors that are in play here.

Death comes sweeping through the hallway, like a lady's dress
Death comes driving down the highway, in it's Sunday best
A fire of unknown origin took my baby away
A fire of unknown origin took my baby away
Swept to ruin off my wavelength, swallowed her up
Like the ocean in a fire, so thick and gray
Blue Oyster Cult

You are all very aware of the swine flu that is ravaging the planet. China consumes + - 50% of the world's pork. The Chicoms handled that very well. Look it up.

The Alaskan cod fishery season for 2020 has been closed due to the Big Wobble...ocean temps up there... (get your fish NOW, let the chips fall where they lay...until the mushrooms glow)

There is a third icebreaker heading to free icebreakers somewhere over by where the Russians save climate extremeists from climate extemism.

The biggest explosion ever recorded (by 'modern') in the universe has hit us.

Studying the Heisenburg  (uncertainty), AI. (uncertainty) and The Squad (yeah, if i was the last sperm donor on earth and they were the last recips...effit by not). The Quibit...(industrialized bisect AI), Higgs-mate-bosun

5G

Enough of one can make it a zero. Or not. The cloned cat is dead. But how can a clone ever die? Enough in the gender code that it comes or it goes.

Paper or plastic.

uh huh

Thank you all. The more insane you become makes my insanity normal. Really. To the Rock.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #922 on: March 07, 2020, 04:17:39 am »
   But is Schrödinger's cat 'really dead' @bigheadfred   :shrug:

Offline TomSea

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #924 on: March 07, 2020, 04:47:20 am »
   But is Schrödinger's cat 'really dead' @bigheadfred   :shrug:

That is the meaning of my post. I am rock solid. I haven't changed since I understood the Word.
@t the core. BE

The forces unseen are greater.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley