Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79642 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #875 on: March 05, 2020, 05:55:34 pm »
Reddit 3/5/2020

Posted byu/Boring-Magazine
3 days ago
Coronavirus rumors

Chinese social media rumor mill is abuzz like wildfire these past few days about the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus in Sugar Land due to a 60 year old Taiwanese lady recently diagnosed in Taiwan. She was part of a 36 person tour group in Dubai UAE and Egypt, many of whom were very sick during the tour, and she arrived back in Taiwan on Feb 21st, and was just confirmed just a couple of days ago (this has been reported in the media), and contact tracing has begun. As of 3/1, multiple others in the tour group have been confirmed.

4 in the group were in Canada reported as confirmed in the media in Ontario

2 in DC

10 white (this is Chinese social media after all)

2 directly to Taiwan (already mentioned)

2 California both confirmed infected

6 Houston (2 Woodlands, 4 Memorial)

10 in Sugar Land of which:

2 went on to Taiwan

2 Riverstone

2 Telfair

2 Sugar Creek

2 Unknown

Lovely,

4 houses away, where my neighborhood ends, Sugar Creek begins.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #876 on: March 05, 2020, 05:58:13 pm »
Lovely,

4 houses away, where my neighborhood ends, Sugar Creek begins.

With an up to 14 day incubation period, I think we might be surprised how far this has spread. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #877 on: March 05, 2020, 05:59:55 pm »
With an up to 14 day incubation period, I think we might be surprised how far this has spread.
Yep.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #878 on: March 05, 2020, 06:13:10 pm »
2 Canadian insurance companies stop covering coronavirus-related trip cancellations

Other companies will likely 'jump on the bandwagon,' industry expert predicts
Sophia Harris · CBC News · Posted: Mar 05, 2020

Two major Canadian travel insurance providers — Manulife and TuGo — will no longer cover new customers who need to cancel their trips due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Travellers with regular trip cancellation insurance typically have been able to get reimbursed if, after booking their trip, Ottawa issued a coronavirus-related advisory to avoid non-essential travel to their destination.

However, Manulife and TuGo will no longer offer this type of coverage. Both companies told CBC News that the coronavirus is now a "known" issue and therefore cancellation coverage no longer applies — as it's designed for unexpected mishaps.

More at: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-manulife-tugo-travel-insurance-1.5486117

The article goes on to say, if they don't do this, they may be facing millions of dollars in claims.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #879 on: March 05, 2020, 06:17:10 pm »
I thought the incubation period was up to 24 days now.

UAE pledges $3.4m to help Afghanistan diagnose 50,000 cases of Coronovirus
By Khaama Press / in Afghanistan / on Thursday, 05 Mar 2020

The United Arab Emirates pledged 3.4 million U.S. Dollars to help Afghanistan in diagnosis of 50,000 cases of Coronavirus, the Afghan officials said.

Waheed Mayar, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Public of Health said the first consignment of the diagnosis kits is expected to arrive in the near future.

The Public Health Ministry officials had earlier said the ministry has registered a total of 15 suspected cases of Coronavirus in four provinces including Kabul.

https://www.khaama.com/uae-pledges-3-4m-to-help-afghanistan-diagnose-50000-cases-of-coronovirus-04476/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #880 on: March 05, 2020, 06:17:11 pm »
The article goes on to say, if they don't do this, they may be facing millions of dollars in claims.

Doesn't the industry already offer insurance for "acts of god" type of travel cancellations? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #881 on: March 05, 2020, 06:29:09 pm »

Early articles put the incubation period as long as 24 days.

The 14 day feelgood quarantine is not going to stop this at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2020, 06:36:19 pm »

Exactly....

No telling how many of us have it already.  And since it seems the disease isn't impacting the younger demographics as much , there are probably huge numbers of asymptomatic cases out there too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #883 on: March 05, 2020, 07:46:11 pm »
Coronavirus: Italy says it's had 41 new COVID-19 deaths in just 24 hours
https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/05/two-more-people-die-from-covid-19-in-france-says-the-country-s-health-ministry

Italy says it's had 41 new COVID-19 deaths in just 24 hours.

The country's civil protection agency said on Thursday evening that 3,858 people had been infected and 148 had died.

It came as the UK and Switzerland announced their first deaths from the disease.

Earlier on Thursday, the World Health Organization (WHO) urged people not to give up fighting the outbreak.

It has now killed 3,281 people globally and infected more than 95,000.

"This is not a drill, this is not a time to give up, this is not a time for excuses, this is a time for pulling out all the stops," WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #884 on: March 05, 2020, 07:52:31 pm »
Coronavirus: Italy says it's had 41 new COVID-19 deaths in just 24 hours

I am very interested in getting demographic, (age and conditon specifically) breakdowns of deaths, but it seems these details are slow in coming.

Offline DB

« Reply #885 on: March 05, 2020, 07:57:15 pm »
At this point it is inevitable that it is going sweep across the US and the rest of the world.

But the slower it progresses the better the outcomes will be. The worst case is millions coming down with serious symptoms all at the same time and there are not enough resources to treat them all. Then the death rate will soar.

If the spread remains slow enough to treat people it will be bad but not nearly as bad as it could have been.

It could also mutate into something more mild - or the other way.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #886 on: March 05, 2020, 08:06:01 pm »
All the extreme Leftists who have been calling for population reduction must be celebrating now.
Until it hits them, and their families.
With Leftists, all their philosophies are alway about what YOU should do, and not about what THEY should do.
In this case, they will have little choice but to live out their own words.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #887 on: March 05, 2020, 08:47:53 pm »
Medicare to cover testing for the coronavirus

Chris Kissell 3 hrs ago

Here is a rare bit of good news for older Americans worried about contracting COVID-19 — the official name for what is more commonly referred to as “the coronavirus.” If you have Medicare Part B, it will cover the cost of testing for the disease so long as a few conditions are met.

Patients usually pay nothing for covered diagnostic lab tests, the Medicare program said in an announcement Wednesday.

Medicare, the federal health insurance program that primarily serves people age 65 and older, will cover the coronavirus test if:

Your health care provider orders the test.
You got it on or after Feb. 4.
Your health care provider waits until after April 1 to submit an insurance claim for it.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insurance/medicare-to-cover-testing-for-the-coronavirus/ar-BB10KKe0?ocid=spartanntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #888 on: March 06, 2020, 03:55:00 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

« Reply #889 on: March 06, 2020, 04:06:53 am »

If I read that correctly the fatality rate is a little under 10% for all the people 65 and over that get COVID-19 and 12 times worse than the flu. Assuming those stats are correct.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #890 on: March 06, 2020, 09:14:37 am »
12 deaths from the coronavirus so far and so far known to be in the US, 11th death for Washington state reported Thursday:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-death-toll-rises-12-latest-updates-200305231909069.html

So, yes, coronavirus has probably spread beyond what we know but from those we know of, see above.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #891 on: March 06, 2020, 12:22:17 pm »
12 deaths from the coronavirus so far and so far known to be in the US, 11th death for Washington state reported Thursday:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/03/coronavirus-death-toll-rises-12-latest-updates-200305231909069.html

So, yes, coronavirus has probably spread beyond what we know but from those we know of, see above.

Since this disease has a high rate of asymptomatic cases, high variabity of incubation time (now understood to be i 14-24 day range) that that  is an understatement.   Like I said earlier, don't be surprised if one of us right now has it as we post.  But it is becoming clearer and clearer that this disease in some ways is much like flu in its targeting of the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions.  With that data becoming more evident, I hope Pence and his task force starts working contingency plans to protect our nation's elderly.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:23:19 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #892 on: March 06, 2020, 12:26:59 pm »
If I read that correctly the fatality rate is a little under 10% for all the people 65 and over that get COVID-19 and 12 times worse than the flu. Assuming those stats are correct.

That looks if I am not mistaken the same as what was reported by the Chinese government.(COVID-19) .

I guess the CDC now feels comfortable with that data.  Seems the 3% Mortality Rate of reported cases seems to be a coalescing number.  But a disclaimer, I would venture that there is and will be a ton of asymptomatic cases that are going to escape the Epidemiologist numbers crunchers.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #893 on: March 06, 2020, 12:42:09 pm »
Medicare to cover testing for the coronavirus

Chris Kissell 3 hrs ago

Here is a rare bit of good news for older Americans worried about contracting COVID-19 — the official name for what is more commonly referred to as “the coronavirus.” If you have Medicare Part B, it will cover the cost of testing for the disease so long as a few conditions are met.

Patients usually pay nothing for covered diagnostic lab tests, the Medicare program said in an announcement Wednesday.

Medicare, the federal health insurance program that primarily serves people age 65 and older, will cover the coronavirus test if:

Your health care provider orders the test.
You got it on or after Feb. 4.
Your health care provider waits until after April 1 to submit an insurance claim for it.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insurance/medicare-to-cover-testing-for-the-coronavirus/ar-BB10KKe0?ocid=spartanntp

Yippee.  Those over 65 can get tested .... what about those 60-65?  And ... there is no vaccine, nothing that would wipe out the virus. So you get tested, they quarantine you ...and what about treatment??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #894 on: March 06, 2020, 12:46:45 pm »

Releasing suspected people with corona after 14 days seems to be a big problem.  We have university students coming back from Italy and they are going to "self quarantine" for 14 days.  That will probably prove to be useless.  Where are they going to quarantine them?  To the dorm?  Send them back to their home state for awhile? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #895 on: March 06, 2020, 12:53:46 pm »
Can anyone say pandemic?

Thousands of US residents have been asked by state governments to 'self-quarantine.' Here's what that looks like

With US coronavirus cases topping 220 across 19 states and the death toll climbing to more than a dozen, state governments have asked thousands of residents to seclude themselves from the rest of the community to help contain the virus.
In New York alone, more than 2,500 people were instructed to self-quarantine as health officials scour for anyone who may have been exposed to the state's first coronavirus cases. At least 22 have tested positive and are in isolation.
In California, health officials said Thursday more than 9,700 returning travelers were told to stay at home and monitor their health. Gov. Gavin Newsom declared a state of emergency earlier this week after California saw its first virus-related death.
As numbers climb, states are grappling to keep an eye on the thousands of residents shuttered in their homes who may have come in contact with someone infected in efforts to stop the spread of the illness............

.............But as more individuals are forced to stay home, communities are also having to come up with solutions to accommodate their needs -- financial stability and food.
Washington state Gov. Jay Inslee announced the state would assist both employers and employees, with efforts such as providing paid leave benefits for workers who need to take time off.
If the virus results in a "mass layoff or closure," the governor said the state will work to provide resources and funding to help "impacted workers get connected to unemployment benefits and re-employment services, including re-training, worker support services, and referrals to other social services." ..........................

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/health/self-quarantine-explainer-procedures/index.html

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #896 on: March 06, 2020, 02:56:39 pm »
As it turns out, the case they have in Ft. Bend county TX was in Stafford, which is fairly close to me, but not in Sugar Land, where I live.
Home to the Stafford Ice House, where I met up with friends and have a few beers.
In fact, I am supposed to go there tonight, as 2 of my friends there have birthdays today.

EMT's came to the home of the person in their 70's and took him to the hospital.
The EMT's are being looked at now.
Some of the Washington State cases involved EMT's responding to people with the virus.

This is close to where I live, but not exactly down the street, about 5 miles away.
News also broke last night, about a case in unincorporated northwest Harris county.

Guess where I work?

Of course it will depend on just where in Harris county this is.....

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #897 on: March 06, 2020, 03:19:49 pm »
I have relatives and acquaintances who commute to work in Manhattan. They just started telecommuting a day or so ago.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

« Reply #898 on: March 06, 2020, 04:59:53 pm »
Yanzhong Huang
@YanzhongHuang
China's Xinhua News just posted a piece titled "Be bold: the world owes China a thank you", which says if China imposes restrictions on pharmaceutical exports, US will be "plunged into the mighty sea of coronavirus".

https://twitter.com/YanzhongHuang/status/1235300037875335170

And the original article in Chinese though, the bing translator was able to bring it up in English if one really wanted to read it, I did "simple Chinese":  http://www.xinhuanet.com/2020-03/04/c_1125660473.htm

And this is why, we don't want China to have so much dominance.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #899 on: March 06, 2020, 05:10:06 pm »
I don't buy talk that something will bring a regime down, it be Venezuela or Iran. I would say, it would seem possible but remote.

EXCLUSIVE: Iranian Resistance…Regime’s Coronavirus Corruption Will Finally Bring Down Mullahs
by Tsarizm Staff March 6, 20200611   

“We estimate via our sources that over 1500 have died, and that is a conservative estimate.”

Washington] CD Media sat down with Alireza Alireza Jafarzadeh, the deputy director of the Washington office of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, who is credited with exposing Iranian nuclear sites in Natanz and Arak in 2002, triggering International Atomic Energy Agency inspections, to discuss the coronavirus situation in the Iran.

“The virus in Iran is rapidly killing people and has now spread throughout the country. What the world needs to know is the role the regime has played in this development. They allowed the virus to enter Iran, did nothing to prevent its spread, and are actively profiting from the sale on the black market goods needed to treat the people. There has been extreme incompetence. They have brought in the Revolutionary Guards to suppress the people instead of helping them.

“As with the revolt against the sudden rise in fuel prices, instead of helping the people, they bring in the IRCG to just shoot them. After the regime downed the Ukrainian passenger airline, instead of telling the families the truth, they just killed them, literally going after the families of the victims who were seeking accountability. Now they are doing the same with the virus outbreak.

More: https://tsarizm.com/news/middle-east/2020/03/06/iranian-resistance-regimes-coronavirus-corruption-will-finally-bring-bring-down-mullahs/