Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79660 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #825 on: March 04, 2020, 12:54:45 pm »
Head of Iran’s emergency medical services tests positive for coronavirus
https://nypost.com/2020/03/03/head-of-irans-emergency-medical-services-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

Iran’s head of emergency medical services has tested positive for the coronavirus as an outbreak grips the nation, according to a report.

Pirhossein Kolivand is receiving treatment for the deadly virus that has infected more than 2,300 people in the country, the Independent reported, citing the semi-official ILNA news agency.

His “health is good and there is no need for concern,” his office said in a statement.

Kolivand is among at least two dozen of the country’s leaders who are sick from the virus, including 23 members of parliament....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #826 on: March 04, 2020, 02:48:38 pm »
I actually heard that this was happening at a local Sam's, people were buying up a lot of household goods, specifically toilet paper and other items.

Remember back in the '70's when Johnny Carson made a joke on the Tonight Show about a toilet paper shortage (only a joke)?  Within a few days most of the shelves in the country were empty.  Sears catalogs worked well in the era of the outhouse, but nowadays?...    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #827 on: March 04, 2020, 02:50:06 pm »
Aside from age, and it may simply be a matter of available health care, it seems like some populations are being hit harder (higher mortality rate) than others. While that veery easily could be an artifact of reporting and statistics for those groups, I wonder if the virus targets some genetic traits in those populations that amplifies the overall effects and mortality.

There is a host of variables which could account for that including:
Religious practices
Overall hygiene
Quality of available health care and overall availability thereof
Living conditions/population density (crowded/urban vs more spread out)
Reporting/detection errors or variations
Political considerations (saving 'face')
Or there may be some genetic predisposition within a given demographic or demographics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »
Coronavirus mutates into second strain which is more aggressive and contagious
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-mutates-second-strain-more-17860655

Chinese scientists identify two strains of the coronavirus, indicating it’s already mutated at least once
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-chinese-scientists-identify-two-types-covid-19.html

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2020, 03:01:09 pm »
Coronavirus mutates into second strain which is more aggressive and contagious
https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-mutates-second-strain-more-17860655

Chinese scientists identify two strains of the coronavirus, indicating it’s already mutated at least once
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/coronavirus-chinese-scientists-identify-two-types-covid-19.html

God I hate click bait articles.... 

After that Doom and Gloom headline, did you see this lower in the page?

"The prevalence of the more aggressive virus decreased after early January 2020, they said."
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #830 on: March 04, 2020, 03:13:00 pm »
Statistic the dumpster fire dims won't cover for this crisis.

Deaths this Flu Season- 8000 - 9000
Deaths from Coronovirs (on 3rd cycle now)- 9

This should also be of interest to many....   (More precautions needed focusing on the elderly)

Offline DB

« Reply #831 on: March 04, 2020, 03:17:31 pm »
Statistic the dumpster fire dims won't cover for this crisis.

Deaths this Flu Season- 8000 - 9000
Deaths from Coronovirs (on 3rd cycle now)- 9

This should also be of interest to many....   (More precautions needed focusing on the elderly)

Notice the source for those numbers?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #832 on: March 04, 2020, 03:22:28 pm »
Notice the source for those numbers?

Yeah, let me look a little further.  I still think this probably isn't that far off, once you review the epidemiological comparisons to similar viral outbreaks.

(update) Not enough data yet, I guess.  I know we can't trust the Chicoms, but my experience shows that graph to be in line with other viral infections.  We should get a better idea after one more cycle.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 03:30:14 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline thackney

« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2020, 04:49:38 pm »
Italy to close all schools and universities for two weeks as coronavirus death toll rises
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/04/italys-death-toll-from-the-coronavirus-is-now-worse-than-iran.html

Italy’s government will announce it will temporarily close the nation’s schools and universities due to the coronavirus outbreak, according to local media and a Reuters source, with the country’s education minister saying a final decision has not yet been made.

State-run RAI radio and the ANSA and LaPresse news agencies reported that Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte had agreed on the closure during a Cabinet meeting. But Education Minister Lucia Azzolina told reporters that nothing is final yet and a decision will be made in the next few hours.

The closure would be in effect from Thursday and will last until mid-March, and comes as authorities struggle to contain the spread of the coronavirus....

Offline thackney

« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2020, 05:04:49 pm »
The Official Coronavirus Numbers Are Wrong, and Everyone Knows It
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/03/how-many-americans-really-have-coronavirus/607348/
MARCH 3, 2020

We know, irrefutably, one thing about the coronavirus in the United States: The number of cases reported in every chart and table is far too low.

The data are untrustworthy because the processes we used to get them were flawed. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s testing procedures missed the bulk of the cases. They focused exclusively on travelers, rather than testing more broadly, because that seemed like the best way to catch cases entering the country.

Just days ago, it was not clear that the virus had spread solely from domestic contact at all. But then cases began popping up with no known international connection. What public-health experts call “community spread” had arrived in the United States. The virus would not be stopped by tight borders, because it was already propagating domestically. Trevor Bedford’s lab at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, which studies viral evolution, concluded there is “firm evidence” that, at least in Washington State, the coronavirus had been spreading undetected for weeks. Now different projections estimate that 20 to 1,500 people have already been infected in the greater Seattle area. In California, too, the disease appears to be spreading, although the limited testing means that no one is quite sure how far.

In total, fewer than 500 people have been tested across the country (although the CDC has stopped reporting that number in its summary of the outbreak). As a result, the current “official” case count inside the United States stood at 43 as of this morning (excluding cruise-ship cases). This number is wrong, yet it’s still constantly printed and quoted. In other contexts, we’d call this what it is: a subtle form of misinformation....

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #835 on: March 04, 2020, 05:11:21 pm »
The Official Coronavirus Numbers Are Wrong, and Everyone Knows It
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/03/how-many-americans-really-have-coronavirus/607348/
MARCH 3, 2020

We know, irrefutably, one thing about the coronavirus in the United States: The number of cases reported in every chart and table is far too low.

The data are untrustworthy because the processes we used to get them were flawed. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s testing procedures missed the bulk of the cases. They focused exclusively on travelers, rather than testing more broadly, because that seemed like the best way to catch cases entering the country.

Just days ago, it was not clear that the virus had spread solely from domestic contact at all. But then cases began popping up with no known international connection. What public-health experts call “community spread” had arrived in the United States. The virus would not be stopped by tight borders, because it was already propagating domestically. Trevor Bedford’s lab at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, which studies viral evolution, concluded there is “firm evidence” that, at least in Washington State, the coronavirus had been spreading undetected for weeks. Now different projections estimate that 20 to 1,500 people have already been infected in the greater Seattle area. In California, too, the disease appears to be spreading, although the limited testing means that no one is quite sure how far.

In total, fewer than 500 people have been tested across the country (although the CDC has stopped reporting that number in its summary of the outbreak). As a result, the current “official” case count inside the United States stood at 43 as of this morning (excluding cruise-ship cases). This number is wrong, yet it’s still constantly printed and quoted. In other contexts, we’d call this what it is: a subtle form of misinformation....

Many many cases are and will be asymptomatic.  Those numbers never get counted.  Some of the preliminary numbers, yes preliminary, are indicating the target mortality demographic (like flu) of this disease is the elderly.  I hope Pence adjusts his task force contingency plans to address this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #836 on: March 04, 2020, 07:48:54 pm »
Really, what you all were kind of talking about.
WHO Announces Global Death Rate For Coronavirus Is Now 3.4%

The WHO says the coronavirus is killing people at a rate much higher than the flu

According to the World Health Organization (WHO), COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, has already killed about 3.4 percent of confirmed cases around the world. This figure is not only higher than previous estimates, but it’s more than twice that of the death rate for the flu.

The fatality rate for the seasonal flu is less than one percent, comparatively. The global spread of COVID-19 can be controlled, according to the Director-General of the WHO Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. He’s urging all countries to step up their containment efforts and measures to protect those in the medical field who are dealing with confirmed and potential cases on the front lines.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/announces-global-death-rate-coronavirus-061225297.html

This above article is from "Scary Mommy", check  yahoo link, but I did hear that they had a new rate so the article is accurate I'm sure.

Also:
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
2h
BREAKING: Release of the new James Bond film 'No Time to Die' delayed until November due to coronavirus

I never saw this website, "scary mommy", but it might be okay. All OR parts.
https://www.scarymommy.com/

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 07:50:04 pm by TomSea »

Offline thackney

« Reply #837 on: March 04, 2020, 07:55:36 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #838 on: March 04, 2020, 08:15:50 pm »
Really, what you all were kind of talking about.
This above article is from "Scary Mommy", check  yahoo link, but I did hear that they had a new rate so the article is accurate I'm sure.

Also:
I never saw this website, "scary mommy", but it might be okay. All OR parts.
https://www.scarymommy.com/

Updates coming in that the death toll up to 10.  Again, primarily the elderly, and those pre-existing conditions.

If trend continues that the impact to young  and healthy is minimal, I hope task forece repositions its contingency plans to especially protect the elderly.   i.e Nursing Homes, hospitals, Assisted Living, etc. Still skeptical of mortality rate, because there is some anecdotal evidence out there that COVID-19 may have more instances of asymptomaic cases than normal seasonal flu.  Still to early to say definitively one way or the other.

Offline thackney

« Reply #839 on: March 04, 2020, 09:35:02 pm »
CDC medical screener at LAX airport tests positive for coronavirus
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/medical-screener-lax-airport-tests-positive-coronavirus-n1149986

A medical professional who conducted passenger screenings at Los Angeles International airport tested positive for the coronavirus late Tuesday night, according to a statement from the Department of Homeland Security and an internal email obtained by NBC News.

The person last worked screening air travelers for illness on Feb. 21, said the DHS statement, which also said the medical professional had worn the proper protective gear while working. The internal email described the medical professional as a "CDC {Centers for Disease Control and Prevention} contract medical screener."

The email also said "these [contract] screeners are predominantly assigned to the CDC in-transit lounge and a few support jetway screening on direct flights from China."

In its public statement, the DHS said, "Late last night, DHS headquarters was alerted to a situation where one of our contracted medical professionals conducting screenings at LAX international airport had tested positive for COVID-19, also known as the coronavirus. This individual is currently under self-quarantine at home with mild symptoms and under medical supervision. Their immediate family is also under home quarantine."...

Offline DB

« Reply #840 on: March 04, 2020, 09:49:27 pm »
That cat is definitely out of the bag.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #841 on: March 04, 2020, 10:04:27 pm »
But...
Why Taiwan Has Just 42 Coronavirus Cases while Neighbors Report Hundreds or Thousands
By Ralph Jennings
March 04, 2020 03:59 AM

TAIPEI, TAIWAN - Taiwan sits near Japan, China and South Korea, three countries with some of the world’s worst outbreaks of the deadly coronavirus, but the island itself has just 42 isolated cases.

Chalk it up to extra early, effective preparedness, analysts and policymakers say – so effective that people’s approval of the government unexpectedly soared last month.

Taiwanese health officials saw the virus taking shape in the central Chinese Wuhan in December and began checking passengers who flew in from there. They also cut off flights from much of China, the outbreak origin, before a lot of peers around Asia did.

Now almost every public building in Taipei offers hand sanitizer and a lot of them, such as schools, require that anyone entering submit to a fever check....

Read more at: https://www.voanews.com/science-health/coronavirus-outbreak/why-taiwan-has-just-42-coronavirus-cases-while-neighbors-report

So, maybe some hope, hand sanitizer, yes, I've gotten a few bottles of that recently.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:05:18 pm by TomSea »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #842 on: March 04, 2020, 10:35:18 pm »
Seattle urges people over 60 to stay home 'as much as possible' due to coronavirus
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486020-seattle-urges-people-over-60-to-stay-home-as-much-as-possible-due-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

« Reply #843 on: March 04, 2020, 11:04:52 pm »
Seattle urges people over 60 to stay home 'as much as possible' due to coronavirus
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/486020-seattle-urges-people-over-60-to-stay-home-as-much-as-possible-due-to

The comments on that site are pretty toxic all by themselves...

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #844 on: March 04, 2020, 11:09:32 pm »
https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/03/04/coronavirus-patient-screw-quarantine-pal/

Coronavirus Patient: Screw Your Quarantine, Pal

New Hampshire’s first confirmed coronavirus patient was discovered recently and as has been happening in many places around the country, the hospital worker was told to stay home and remain isolated for 14 days. Seems like a solid plan, right? Perhaps not so much. We’ve now learned that there was some sort of “invitation only” event on Friday that the patient really wanted to attend. So they did. Without telling anyone.

Now the original patient is supposedly back home and in self-quarantine, but so are all of the event attendees who came in “close contact” with them. How many people each of them came in close contact with before being quarantined remains unknown.

Somebody should be occupying their time in quarantine by filling out an unemployment insurance claim, IMO! This wasn't a barista at a drive-up espresso kiosk, it was a hospital worker who should know better!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #845 on: March 04, 2020, 11:11:35 pm »

Right. This virus seems to put people over 60 in a higher risk category. Here is some perspective.

241 million

A country is in an aging population, which means it occupies 10 percent or 7 percent of the total population aged over 60 or 65 respectively. In 2017, in China, the proportion of Chinese citizens above 60 years old obtained 17.3 percent, approximately above 241 million.

Aging of China - Wikipedia
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #846 on: March 04, 2020, 11:13:26 pm »
https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/03/04/coronavirus-patient-screw-quarantine-pal/

Somebody should be occupying their time in quarantine by filling out an unemployment insurance claim, IMO! This wasn't a barista at a drive-up espresso kiosk, it was a hospital worker who should know better!

A "worker" that should be looking for another line of work right now....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #847 on: March 04, 2020, 11:17:30 pm »

Everyone that gets quarantined due to his actions should sue him for their losses. He was grossly negligent and he should be held accountable for it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #848 on: March 04, 2020, 11:19:41 pm »
A "worker" that should be looking for another line of work right now....

Might be a need for gravediggers. 'specially for someone with experience.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #849 on: March 04, 2020, 11:29:19 pm »
Might be a need for gravediggers. 'specially for someone with experience.

"The world needs ditch-diggers, too!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: