Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2020, 09:44:35 pm »
They did not do it for 362 deaths.  They did it to prevent +100,000 deaths.
My cousin who has lived in China up until a few months ago, just got his wife and children out of there in the last couple of weeks.  He said his wife and kids were basically locked in their Beijing apartment for 3 weeks.  His comments were that what's going on in China is MUCH worse than is being reported. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:45:52 pm by mrpotatohead »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2020, 10:08:40 pm »
My cousin who has lived in China up until a few months ago, just got his wife and children out of there in the last couple of weeks.  He said his wife and kids were basically locked in their Beijing apartment for 3 weeks.  His comments were that what's going on in China is MUCH worse than is being reported.

Thanks for the info -- I think most suspected that this was the case.  The Chinese are notorious for under reporting their problems; unfortunately, it could turn out to be the World's problem.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2020, 11:40:33 pm »
My daughter was to fly back to China in a couple of weeks, but she was informed this AM that her flight has been cancelled. The city she lives in, in central China, also has people staying in their homes, so her university's schedule is likely to be changed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #353 on: February 05, 2020, 12:39:53 am »
My daughter was to fly back to China in a couple of weeks, but she was informed this AM that her flight has been cancelled. The city she lives in, in central China, also has people staying in their homes, so her university's schedule is likely to be changed.

I will keep her and all of the others in my prayers for their well-being.

@PeteS in CA

I know, you were talking about her, I tried to follow the story, I thought she was at home for the holidays OR was coming back soon from China.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 12:58:20 am by TomSea »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2020, 01:47:26 am »

@PeteS in CA

I know, you were talking about her, I tried to follow the story, I thought she was at home for the holidays OR was coming back soon from China.

@TomSea, I appreciate your prayers! She is a university student in Xining. She moved there in 2014 and spent a couple of years learning Mandarin before starting at the university. She came here for a visit during the winter and New Year break, arriving just as news of the virus was emerging.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2020, 10:01:43 am »

@PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA  I didn’t see this until now, but I’ll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2020, 11:34:45 am »
@PeteS in CA  I didn’t see this until now, but I’ll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers
Yep, me, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2020, 06:09:33 pm »
Russia's Putin proposes stripping pharmacy licences for raising anti-virus mask prices

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday proposed stripping pharmacies of their licences if they raise prices for anti-virus masks amid the coronavirus outbreak.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-russia-masks/russias-putin-proposes-stripping-pharmacy-licences-for-raising-anti-virus-mask-prices-idUSKBN1ZZ1SG

I think I agree on this one... raising the price could happen here too.

Drudge Report has some stories up on this from the Daily Star.... I won't post those. They are hard to verify but they are out there.

Related (because Sen. Cotton seems to be a point man on this issue):

Tom Cotton
@SenTomCotton
CCP stooges are adopting tactics of the “woke” left in an attempt to shut down free speech on American college campuses. Josh Wong and Nathan Law are heroes for advancing the cause of freedom in Hong Kong & should be welcome on any American campus.

https://twitter.com/SenTomCotton/status/1225103739989774338

Senator Cotton really does have a bit of the "Andy of Mayberry" personality. I don't know how else to describe it.

Offline thackney

« Reply #358 on: February 05, 2020, 08:59:18 pm »
I think I agree on this one... raising the price could happen here too.

I do not agree.  That which many call price gouging is the way the market works to get supply to an area of higher need for a product.

When the hurricane is coming, or the day after it arrived, generators should be priced what the market will allow.  Demand quadruples or increases by a thousand times in that location.  If the price doubles, that allows a small operator to rent a truck, drive to another state and bring back a truckload of generators.  Generators that would not be there the next day if prices stayed the same.  Generators that are badly needed by those who did not prepare in advance.

You want a standard priced generator, buy it before you need it.  You want a generator after the emergency is already here, pay the inflated price.

If prices do not rise, extra supply does not arrive.

I would rather buy a double priced generator than not be able to buy any regular priced generator because they already sold out.

Plywood, sheetrock, germ masks, whatever.  Let the market work it out.  Anti-gouging laws always end up with people needing products that they cannot get when they need them.

Quit asking the government to solve your lack of planning and preparedness.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #359 on: February 05, 2020, 10:48:00 pm »
I do not agree.  That which many call price gouging is the way the market works to get supply to an area of higher need for a product.

When the hurricane is coming, or the day after it arrived, generators should be priced what the market will allow.  Demand quadruples or increases by a thousand times in that location.  If the price doubles, that allows a small operator to rent a truck, drive to another state and bring back a truckload of generators.  Generators that would not be there the next day if prices stayed the same.  Generators that are badly needed by those who did not prepare in advance.

You want a standard priced generator, buy it before you need it.  You want a generator after the emergency is already here, pay the inflated price.

If prices do not rise, extra supply does not arrive.

I would rather buy a double priced generator than not be able to buy any regular priced generator because they already sold out.

Plywood, sheetrock, germ masks, whatever.  Let the market work it out.  Anti-gouging laws always end up with people needing products that they cannot get when they need them.

Quit asking the government to solve your lack of planning and preparedness.
Well said!  :beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #360 on: February 06, 2020, 12:29:31 am »
N. Korean military smuggles in S. Korean face masks
Masks are for military units near Pyongyang and their labels were removed before being distributed to soldiers
By Jeong Tae Joo -
2020.02.05 2:00pm

A trading company affiliated with the Ministry of People’s Armed Forces, the military’s main logistics agency, recently smuggled in large amounts of health masks produced in South Korea, Daily NK has learned.

The smuggling operation appears to have been undertaken by the military as part of efforts to ensure soldiers are protected against an outbreak of the Wuhan coronavirus, which continues to spread in China and around the world.

The Kimbongsokyong Trading Company reportedly sent a request to Chinese traders for “South Korean-produced products [masks]” through a “customs office in Sinuiju,” according to a source based in North Pyongyan Province on Feb. 3.

Read more at: https://www.dailynk.com/english/north-korean-military-smuggles-south-korean-face-masks/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:44:06 am by TomSea »

Online DB

« Reply #361 on: February 06, 2020, 04:59:29 am »
They've been lying through their teeth.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #362 on: February 06, 2020, 05:08:03 am »

Saw this as the last stat...."China coronavirus cases now top 20,000, with 425 dead"

This seems consistent with the 2% Mortality rate that has been previously reported, and isn't much higher than potent flu strains we often see in this country.

Does anyone have any data, that this virus is mutating into a deadlier strain?  If not, I hope cooler heads will prevail, and we carefully and methodically contain.  (Just in case)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #363 on: February 06, 2020, 12:09:53 pm »

That's some article. Thanks for sharing.  We will see.

Also, I saw an article this morning of a Taiwanese doctor saying "hand washing" is more important than "masks", I hope hand sanitizer is of some help because one can take that everywhere... just in case.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #364 on: February 06, 2020, 01:34:47 pm »
That's some article. Thanks for sharing.  We will see.

Also, I saw an article this morning of a Taiwanese doctor saying "hand washing" is more important than "masks", I hope hand sanitizer is of some help because one can take that everywhere... just in case.
Hand washing is always important.
 It seems basic and obvious, yet people convey pathogens from surfaces and other humans by touching their face, mouth, nose, and eyes, (not to mention food) and do so far more often than they realize.
Just washing your hands before you handle food can make a huge difference.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #365 on: February 06, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »
Taiwan News By Keoni Everington 2/5/2020

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — As many experts question the veracity of China's statistics for the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, Tencent over the weekend seems to have inadvertently released what is potentially the actual number of infections and deaths, which were astronomically higher than official figures, but are eerily in line with predictions from a respected scientific journal.

As early as Jan. 26, netizens were reporting that Tencent, on its webpage titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker" was briefly showing data on the novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China that was much higher than official estimates, before suddenly switching to lower numbers. Taiwanese netizen Hiroki Lo that day reported that Tencent and NetEase were both posting "unmodified statistics," before switching to official numbers in short order.

Left to right are "nationally confirmed cases", "suspected cases", "cured", and "deaths".

Offline TomSea

« Reply #366 on: February 06, 2020, 02:37:27 pm »
This was posted in the large thread.  We will allow it here for the time being. Perhaps a merhe this evening.

After thinking about it, I'm not sure of it's significance. I was told Tencent is a newspaper I think. Or maybe news channel.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #367 on: February 06, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »
The number of deaths is 100X greater than the number of "cured?"  Am I missing something?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #368 on: February 06, 2020, 02:59:44 pm »
Saw this as the last stat...."China coronavirus cases now top 20,000, with 425 dead"

This seems consistent with the 2% Mortality rate that has been previously reported, and isn't much higher than potent flu strains we often see in this country.

Does anyone have any data, that this virus is mutating into a deadlier strain?  If not, I hope cooler heads will prevail, and we carefully and methodically contain.  (Just in case)

The stats from the link indicate a 16% death rate.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #369 on: February 06, 2020, 03:06:45 pm »
Drone captures eerie scenes of coronavirus-ravaged Wuhan
By Yaron Steinbuch
February 6, 2020 | 9:55am

Haunting drone footage shows the largely empty thoroughfares in the coronavirus epicenter city of Wuhan, a sprawling metropolis of 11 million residents that appears to have been transformed into a ghost town.

The video — posted on Twitter by ABC News — captures a variety of eerie scenes, including one bridge with a handful of vehicles, another that is devoid of traffic, a lone car on a six-lane highway and the airport at a standstill. ...  More and link to video at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

« Reply #370 on: February 06, 2020, 03:13:23 pm »
Hand washing is always important.
 It seems basic and obvious, yet people convey pathogens from surfaces and other humans by touching their face, mouth, nose, and eyes, (not to mention food) and do so far more often than they realize.
Just washing your hands before you handle food can make a huge difference.

Interestingly enough, I saw a sign on twitter, image, that had as one precaution to open doors and door knobs with your elbows. Then, it went on to say, you can't touch your face with your elbow. So, that's interesting, I can kind of see how that works even though it sounds goofy.  I am keeping sanitizer around which certainly is not perfect but it is still something.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #371 on: February 06, 2020, 03:16:36 pm »
World News
February 6, 2020 / 5:30 AM / Updated 2 hours ago
Chinese city accused of stealing virus masks from hard-hit neighbor

BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese city with only eight confirmed cases of a new coronavirus has been accused of intercepting a shipment of surgical masks bound for a municipality with 400 cases, prompting outrage on social media.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-masks/chinese-city-accused-of-stealing-virus-masks-from-hard-hit-neighbor-idUSKBN2001HK

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #372 on: February 06, 2020, 03:19:53 pm »
When the patient dies you know right away. It may take awhile to be confident that the patient has been completely cured.

Online DB

« Reply #373 on: February 06, 2020, 03:23:10 pm »
That's a 16% death rate.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #374 on: February 06, 2020, 03:31:15 pm »
The number of deaths is 100X greater than the number of "cured?"  Am I missing something?

Is there a purge going on that we don't know about that are conveniently padding the numbers?