Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79646 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2020, 12:32:24 am »
I hope they chose Ft. Carson because it has isolation facilities?

Nope.  I wish that was the case.

They are going to use the Regional Training Center here on Carson if we get any of the people needing quarantine. It's a pretty good sized building that run jointly by Active Duty, Reserve and National Guard soldiers.  It's where they teach the basic leadership courses on post.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #301 on: February 02, 2020, 12:36:21 am »
WRT masks:

In the summer time, when fire season is on, and the valley fills with smoke, as a painter it gets hard to buy a mask... But the paint companies are usually the last place folks think to look... So if you are worried, try your local Sherwin-Williams or the like... In such times if they are running low, they are likely to hold back some for actual painters (not selling out their stock to the public) so they can continue to work... So even if you can't find any, if you have a friend that is a painter he will likely be able to get at em.

As to proper use, when spraying particularly nasty stuff, skid a little vaseline around the edge of the mask to assure a good fit - the same would apply in this case.

I don't know if it works for critters, but with particularly acrid fumes, you can pack vaseline in your eyes to stop the sting... might be better than nothing.  :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #302 on: February 02, 2020, 12:40:56 am »
WRT masks:

In the summer time, when fire season is on, and the valley fills with smoke, as a painter it gets hard to buy a mask... But the paint companies are usually the last place folks think to look... So if you are worried, try your local Sherwin-Williams or the like... In such times if they are running low, they are likely to hold back some for actual painters (not selling out their stock to the public) so they can continue to work... So even if you can't find any, if you have a friend that is a painter he will likely be able to get at em.

As to proper use, when spraying particularly nasty stuff, skid a little vaseline around the edge of the mask to assure a good fit - the same would apply in this case.

I don't know if it works for critters, but with particularly acrid fumes, you can pack vaseline in your eyes to stop the sting... might be better than nothing.  :shrug:

The thing with the masks is, nobody expects them to filter out teeny tiny little viruses, but they're great for trapping the airborne spittle that carries the viri.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #303 on: February 02, 2020, 12:48:32 am »
The thing with the masks is, nobody expects them to filter out teeny tiny little viruses, but they're great for trapping the airborne spittle that carries the viri.

Yeah.. in that regard, a paper mask, or a bandana, is better than nothing... but a full spectrum breathing system (mask) designed to trap not only particulates, but even fumes is pretty bulletproof.

and gloves - take em off to touch your face and such - and leave them on for operating public handles and such... simple things to cut down exposure have to be better than nothing...  :shrug:

I'll just stay out of town for a while and be just fine.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #304 on: February 02, 2020, 01:00:24 am »
Yeah.. in that regard, a paper mask, or a bandana, is better than nothing... but a full spectrum breathing system (mask) designed to trap not only particulates, but even fumes is pretty bulletproof.

and gloves - take em off to touch your face and such - and leave them on for operating public handles and such... simple things to cut down exposure have to be better than nothing...  :shrug:

I'll just stay out of town for a while and be just fine.

I'm not concerned either, living on the edge of a little town.  And we started curbside pickup at Walmart months ago because it's way easier than trudging through the Big Box, at no extra cost.  I just did a quick check at Amazon, they still have plenty of Mountain House, but the really good ones, like Lasagna, got really expensive.  What was a $42 box of pouches is now about $70.  The granola is still dirt cheap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #305 on: February 02, 2020, 01:03:10 am »
This is one of those times where I'm glad I own a military issued gas mask.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #306 on: February 02, 2020, 01:10:29 am »
I'm not concerned either, living on the edge of a little town.  And we started curbside pickup at Walmart months ago because it's way easier than trudging through the Big Box, at no extra cost.  I just did a quick check at Amazon, they still have plenty of Mountain House, but the really good ones, like Lasagna, got really expensive.  What was a $42 box of pouches is now about $70.  The granola is still dirt cheap.

Yeah... I think I would stock up now on that home delivery thing... can't trust the produce or packaging surfaces after the thing gets widespread... Get a good stock laid up while you can. A few hundred bucks in canned and frozen goods might be nice to have if you have to hunker down... and you'll use it up anyhow either way.

I do that different than most y'all, only going to town once a month or so anyway... Maybe one more time for produce and deli... I hear most folks nowadays only stock a few days or a week at most. That is a whole lot more exposure. It is likely this thing won't get to rural folks at all. They'll just not go in, and rely on stores at home... Like I will do if it actually becomes a thing.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #307 on: February 02, 2020, 01:10:45 am »
This is one of those times where I'm glad I own a military issued gas mask.

Will they let you wear it?  (Really, I don't think you are going to need it, but what do I know?)
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #308 on: February 02, 2020, 01:12:14 am »
Will they let you wear it?  (Really, I don't think you are going to need it, but what do I know?)

I don't think I am either.  If it gets to that point...it's probably too late anyway.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #309 on: February 02, 2020, 01:14:26 am »
Yeah... I think I would stock up now on that home delivery thing... can't trust the produce or packaging surfaces after the thing gets widespread... Get a good stock laid up while you can. A few hundred bucks in canned and frozen goods might be nice to have if you have to hunker down... and you'll use it up anyhow either way.

I do that different than most y'all, only going to town once a month or so anyway... Maybe one more time for produce and deli... I hear most folks nowadays only stock a few days or a week at most. That is a whole lot more exposure. It is likely this thing won't get to rural folks at all. They'll just not go in, and rely on stores at home... Like I will do if it actually becomes a thing.

The thing about this particular doomsday scenario, it's likely things like electricity still work, with all the goodies that go with it...like the ability to eat a couple of steaks a week for months because of a couple good-sized sub-zero freezers.  If I had to worry about electricity it would be a different ballgame here in the short term.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #310 on: February 02, 2020, 01:15:14 am »
I don't think I am either.  If it gets to that point...it's probably too late anyway.

If it gets to that point, you will be pushed out of the way by people in yellow plastic suits.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #311 on: February 02, 2020, 01:22:12 am »
If it gets to that point, you will be pushed out of the way by people in yellow plastic suits.

Oh, that's when @roamer_1 and I block the ends of our driveways....
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2020, 01:27:41 am »
Oh, that's when @roamer_1 and I block the ends of our driveways....

Stuff like this sure makes me wish I was back at my house in Kentucky instead of here.

Like you and @roamer_1 I have a defense plan for the castle.  Not so much at the place I stay on base

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2020, 01:27:49 am »
:beer:
@TomSea
@roamer_1

This is why I wrote the book noted at the bottom of this post.  Two of us can live for over a year without going outside, except for our own backyard, and have fresh water, food, medicine, heating, cooling, light, etc..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 01:38:40 am by Victoria33 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2020, 01:31:24 am »

Emergency Essentials is a good brand --They still have some stock available on Individual #10 cans.  The prices are pretty decent.  They are currently out of stock on all their 1 month (other variety avail in 1 month), 3 month, 6 month and 1 year supply of #10 cans of dehydrated food. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #315 on: February 02, 2020, 01:35:24 am »
The thing about this particular doomsday scenario, it's likely things like electricity still work, with all the goodies that go with it...like the ability to eat a couple of steaks a week for months because of a couple good-sized sub-zero freezers.  If I had to worry about electricity it would be a different ballgame here in the short term.

Yeah that's right... If there's something in the freezers...  I am mostly canned, leaving the freezers for meat and bread and frozen fresh fruits primarily. That's my next thing to tackle too - I want to quite my reliance on freezers as much as possible.

When I got crippled back up this last time, I had to rely on my stores - being too gimped up to move much... The first thing I ran out of was meat, believe it or not. My stock was down some, having missed hunting season, and having ate more than half of the half-beef I usually stock... So less than a quarter beef, maybe a quarter venison, a little elk and moose.. but I was out of freezer stock pretty quick, and canned meats went like a flash. Since then, I have altered my inventory, buying heavier to canned meats and prepared canned meats (stews, chili, etc), ad changed my diet to include more of same to keep a larger quantity rotating...

Now, between canned tuna, salmon, beef, and chicken alone there must be 60 days worth, not touching canned chili, spaghetti sauce, stew, soups, hash, and such... And the freezer is good - I have an elk hind quarter, most of a deer, and at least a quarter beef in there right now.

Half way through winter, but I still have plenty of produce and fruit racked up to last me well into summer, maybe even fall... Though it would start getting inventive sometime after spring.

If I couldn't go to the store it would suck a little bit - no ice cream, tater chips and the like... no fresh produce... but I could get by a very long time eating dang good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #316 on: February 02, 2020, 01:57:46 am »
Yeah that's right... If there's something in the freezers...  I am mostly canned, leaving the freezers for meat and bread and frozen fresh fruits primarily. That's my next thing to tackle too - I want to quite my reliance on freezers as much as possible.

When I got crippled back up this last time, I had to rely on my stores - being too gimped up to move much... The first thing I ran out of was meat, believe it or not. My stock was down some, having missed hunting season, and having ate more than half of the half-beef I usually stock... So less than a quarter beef, maybe a quarter venison, a little elk and moose.. but I was out of freezer stock pretty quick, and canned meats went like a flash. Since then, I have altered my inventory, buying heavier to canned meats and prepared canned meats (stews, chili, etc), ad changed my diet to include more of same to keep a larger quantity rotating...

Now, between canned tuna, salmon, beef, and chicken alone there must be 60 days worth, not touching canned chili, spaghetti sauce, stew, soups, hash, and such... And the freezer is good - I have an elk hind quarter, most of a deer, and at least a quarter beef in there right now.

Half way through winter, but I still have plenty of produce and fruit racked up to last me well into summer, maybe even fall... Though it would start getting inventive sometime after spring.

If I couldn't go to the store it would suck a little bit - no ice cream, tater chips and the like... no fresh produce... but I could get by a very long time eating dang good.

You should still have a couple snow dumps coming...it's good to be behind a wall of fuel and provisions.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #317 on: February 02, 2020, 02:00:37 am »
@TomSea
@roamer_1

This is why I wrote the book noted at the bottom of this post.  Two of us can live for over a year without going outside, except for our own backyard, and have fresh water, food, medicine, heating, cooling, light, etc..

OK, tonight one is free to talk about this and one may speak about this everyday hereafter, but let's everyone remember the main topic here is still the flu and we do have special areas already discussing survival skills and so on.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #318 on: February 02, 2020, 02:15:41 am »
OK, tonight one is free to talk about this and one may speak about this everyday hereafter, but let's everyone remember the main topic here is still the flu and we do have special areas already discussing survival skills and so on.
@TomSea

Yes, Tom, that is true.  Am keeping touch with son in London and so far people there are not freaking out.  If that changes due to cases there, will put it here.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #319 on: February 02, 2020, 02:40:13 am »
In my little town, it's like watching a riot in LA on TeeVee.  Something interesting that's happening...over there somewhere.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #320 on: February 02, 2020, 03:32:54 am »
The size of these cities are incredible to us here. I haven't known China's geography that well.

Wuhan is at least, 8 million and now, this other city that just got quarantined is in that same range.

And heck this picture is just of Taiwan who, at least, aren't at the epicenter.

4 Amid fears of a coronavirus outbreak, Taiwanese commuters wear face masks as they ride motorbikes in Taipei. (epa-EFE/David Chang)
https://www.rferl.org/a/photos-week-5-top-shots/30400346.html

BNO News
@BNONews
·
48m
BREAKING: Philippines reports 1st death from new coronavirus, the first outside China

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1223799064015392770

The first outside China. Wow.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #321 on: February 02, 2020, 03:39:48 am »
Coronavirus: Wuhan may be home to 75,815 infected, report says

Findings by scientists at Hong Kong University based on the assumption that each infected patient could have infected 2.68 others
    Meanwhile, numbers of new infections and deaths set daily records

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/3048518/coronavirus-case-load-and-death-toll-china-rise-epicentre-hubei-province

Okay, but it seems to keep on expanding.

Oh, by the way, Senator Tom Cotton to discuss the coronavirus on Judge Jeannine tonight, if one missed his appearance, the show repeats at least one more time tonight. Check your listings.

It seems Cotton and others say, an effective vaccine can be developed but time is of the essence and as Cotton says, it has to be a "Manhattan Project effort".

Online DB

« Reply #322 on: February 02, 2020, 04:09:01 am »
Okay, but it seems to keep on expanding.

Oh, by the way, Senator Tom Cotton to discuss the coronavirus on Judge Jeannine tonight, if one missed his appearance, the show repeats at least one more time tonight. Check your listings.

It seems Cotton and others say, an effective vaccine can be developed but time is of the essence and as Cotton says, it has to be a "Manhattan Project effort".

An effective vaccine would seem not very likely. CoV viruses mutate quickly. They're a moving target.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #323 on: February 02, 2020, 08:00:39 am »
I've read the tweets, papers, etc., by various highly credentialed + experienced PhDs, with specialties in pathogens and genetics and such that question the genome of this virus.

There are parts that have never been seen in a coronavirus, + some are diluted to only a 68% match, which is greater than the genetic difference between elephants + humans.

If that's true, I pray it was made in a lab, because if a wild virus can recombine that easily with another that far outside its genome, then it ain't gonna be good if it swaps spit with something far more deadly like a hemorrhagic.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #324 on: February 02, 2020, 04:49:03 pm »
Cocktail of flu, HIV drugs appears to help fight coronavirus: Thai doctors
[Reuters]
By Panu Wongcha-um
,Reuters•February 2, 2020

By Panu Wongcha-um

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thai doctors have seen success in treating severe cases of the new coronavirus with combination of medications for flu and HIV, with initial results showing vast improvement 48 hours after applying the treatment, they said on Sunday.

The doctors from Rajavithi Hospital in Bangkok said a new approach in coronavirus treatment had improved the condition of several patients under their care, including one 70-year-old Chinese woman from Wuhan who tested positive for the coronavirus for 10 days.

The drug treatment includes a mixture of anti-HIV drugs lopinavir and ritonavir, in combination with flu drug oseltamivir in large doses.

More: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cocktail-flu-hiv-drugs-appears-124753996.html

If no one posted this, sounds promising. Obviously, these findings will need to be looked at further.

Just adding in, US troops returning from China, quarantined in South Korea:
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/481064-us-troops-who-recently-traveled-to-china-quarantined-in-south-korea
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-troops-in-south-korea-face-possible-wuhan-coronavirus-quarantine-2020-2
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 05:29:50 pm by TomSea »