Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 79641 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #275 on: February 01, 2020, 09:34:49 pm »
@Victoria33

And all others, do you think masks help much? I think it is a viable consideration and helpful but a bit limited per some experts.

I'd wear a mask and speaking of gloves, maybe I will go see about getting a box of disposable gloves, you never know.

There are a couple different types of masks -- the N95 grade and antiviral face masks.  The Antiviral face masks that I have claim to inactivate 99.99% of flu viruses tested -- including swine flue & bird flu.  Thanks for this question as I just noticed that the masks that I have, have an expiry date and they've expired.  However -- IMHO -- any mask to help shield you from inhaling someone else's germs is better than nothing.

Just a note:  Amazon is sold OUT of the antiviral face masks and I checked inventory of my local drug stores -- sold OUT as well.  Hopefully mine that have expired will still be ok. They are  3 years expired :(
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:37:46 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2020, 09:38:56 pm »
There are a couple different types of masks -- the N95 grade and antiviral face masks.  The Antiviral face masks that I have claim to inactivate 99.99% of flu viruses tested -- including swine flue & bird flu.  Thanks for this question as I just noticed that the masks that I have, have an expiry date and they've expired.  However -- IMHO -- any mask to help shield you from inhaling someone else's germs is better than nothing.

Thanks @libertybele  , your information is very helpful. In the past, I saw people use those masks some even with the normal flue.

Biorxiv (where the paper claiming the "Uncanny Similarity to HIV" was found) is a preprint server for uploading finished manuscripts, before (or during) the process of submitting them to a journal for publication.  It is not peer reviewed and there seems to be but only very basic screening and a check against plagiarism (in other words, does it follow the basic outline of a scientific paper and ensuring it is not a word for word copy of another paper). That doesn't mean everything posted there is garbage, but also doesn’t mean everything posted there is valid.

https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_is_biorxiv_And_what_do_people_use_it_for

Criticisms in the comment section of the Biorxiv paper – “Uncanny similarity of unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV spike protein to HIV-1 gp120 and Gag”:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.30.927871v1.article-info

And something that jumped to me as well:

You did us a great favor @Neverdul with this information. Apparently, the claims are very weak. Almost even disinformation at this point. Invaluable input.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2020, 09:40:10 pm »
That depends on how long the virus can live outside the body and how long grocery stores have something to sell.

There is the concern about the stores being stripped, like before a Hurricane or blizzard.  That's when the freeze-dried stuff comes in.  If the grocery store's supply chain stays functional, and I don't see why it wouldn't at the infection rate we're seeing, then everybody's golden.   This applies only to first world countries.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2020, 09:49:48 pm »
Thanks @libertybele  , your information is very helpful. In the past, I saw people use those masks some even with the normal flue.

You did us a great favor @Neverdul with this information. Apparently, the claims are very weak. Almost even disinformation at this point. Invaluable input.

Be Prepared .com, drug stores, Amazon, Cheaper than Dirt ... ALL are SOLD OUT!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #279 on: February 01, 2020, 09:52:01 pm »
Well -- this is where having a stockpile of dehydrated food, water, bandages, masks, rubber gloves, etc., comes in handy. My only concern is prescription drugs -- normally insurance companies won't let you purchase in advance.

@libertybele
I found something out about that...
I get my meds over to the Walgreens... And I signed up to do refill by text. Somehow, if you reply immediately to the refill request, the prescription(s) is maximized by 5 or so hits per month... over time, I am actually getting ahead. I am sitting on close to 60 days worth right now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2020, 09:58:16 pm »
There is the concern about the stores being stripped, like before a Hurricane or blizzard.  That's when the freeze-dried stuff comes in.  If the grocery store's supply chain stays functional, and I don't see why it wouldn't at the infection rate we're seeing, then everybody's golden.   This applies only to first world countries.

As for food -- think about how many fruits and vegetable are shipped in from outside the country -- that food could easily be contaminated.  The dehydrated food last nearly 20 years -- I certainly would encourage people to have enough food and water on hand for at least a month.  Beprepared.com from experience tastes pretty decent.

I think there's more concern here in the U.S. than they are letting on, in addition to declaring a public health emergency, the Pentagon right now is prepping housing for 1,000 people that they quarantine. 

Again the concern is that the incubation period is so long.  Think of how many people you encounter in a 2 week period...and how many each of those people encounter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2020, 09:59:06 pm »
Be Prepared .com, drug stores, Amazon, Cheaper than Dirt ... ALL are SOLD OUT!

Too late, once the 'crisis' is upon you...

I'm sitting pretty. I don't HAVE to go to town for months... Meat is a little low... But I am sure I could stick it out till early summer anyway... Which,fishing season opens up before that. And garden greens will be coming on... So yeah, even past early summer.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2020, 10:01:50 pm »
Too late, once the 'crisis' is upon you...

I'm sitting pretty. I don't HAVE to go to town for months... Meat is a little low... But I am sure I could stick it out till early summer anyway... Which,fishing season opens up before that. And garden greens will be coming on... So yeah, even past early summer.

The crisis is already here.  Masks are sold out.  Just went to BePrepared.com and they are already sold out of their one month and 3 month supply dehydrated food combo kits -- most affordable way.  They still have individual cans --- however-- how long they will last is unknown and how long till they can ship is another variable.  In a non-state of emergency it's taken over a week to get their shipment and that was well over 5 years ago.

We've got enough for the two of us and our daughter (she's stubborn though) -- to last us a couple of months. I need to stock on water.  I've got a decent supply of paper towels and toilet paper, sanitizing wipes, bathing wipes, etc.  Probably need to pick up more though -- along with garbage bags and bleach.  Propane to distill water just in case.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:14:08 pm by libertybele »

Offline DB

« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2020, 10:15:58 pm »
As for food -- think about how many fruits and vegetable are shipped in from outside the country -- that food could easily be contaminated.  The dehydrated food last nearly 20 years -- I certainly would encourage people to have enough food and water on hand for at least a month.  Beprepared.com from experience tastes pretty decent.

I think there's more concern here in the U.S. than they are letting on, in addition to declaring a public health emergency, the Pentagon right now is prepping housing for 1,000 people that they quarantine. 

Again the concern is that the incubation period is so long.  Think of how many people you encounter in a 2 week period...and how many each of those people encounter.

I haven't found any information on how long this virus can survive outside the body. That determines if deliveries and/or imports are problematic or not.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2020, 10:32:15 pm »

No time like a crisis to preach it... REDNECK 101. Put up plenty. The day WILL come that you need it.
Just case goods... You can go a long, long way on canned food. Sure it's better to grow and put up your own, but cans will do. Just buy a case of something every month till you have a stocked up pantry... And then keep it there by buying more of what you use, and putting it to the back of the stack... that's called rotating. It's the same thing you do now, except with a monster buffer.

You should be able to go a year... but three months at a very least minimum... And that ain't 'prepping', that's just living.

Shoot, I could probably go a month on canned chili alone.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2020, 10:40:07 pm »
Beprepared.com from experience tastes pretty decent.

And btw... I still have a butt-ton of Mountain House from when I was actively in the woods... But I am switching out my freeze-dried to Thrive Life... It ain't meals, it's pantry tins of single ingredients. Everything from freeze dried butter and cheese to meat, veggies, and fruits. Then you can make whatever you want, without all the preservatives and additives.

https://www.thrivelife.com/shop

And the best part is, I am making BETTER food than I have in Mountain House, and around half the money per serving... Check it out.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2020, 10:43:35 pm »
No time like a crisis to preach it... REDNECK 101. Put up plenty. The day WILL come that you need it.
Just case goods... You can go a long, long way on canned food. Sure it's better to grow and put up your own, but cans will do. Just buy a case of something every month till you have a stocked up pantry... And then keep it there by buying more of what you use, and putting it to the back of the stack... that's called rotating. It's the same thing you do now, except with a monster buffer.

You should be able to go a year... but three months at a very least minimum... And that ain't 'prepping', that's just living.

Shoot, I could probably go a month on canned chili alone.

We downsized -- and for me the feature that I sold me on our new home was the extra large pantry --- (and standing room in our attic in case of flooding). I had to make sure that I had enough room to store my cans of dehydrated food and paper goods, etc.  I've slacked recently though on the canned goods -- but I have plenty of room still to add more -- stocking up a bit on canned goods  right now won't hurt.  My hubby always shook his head when I went to the store and came back with stuff to keep up my stockpile --- hubby scoffed a couple of times in recent years at my obsession with maintaining stock -- well my bet is he won't be chucking at my "obsession" anymore.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2020, 10:51:41 pm »
And btw... I still have a butt-ton of Mountain House from when I was actively in the woods... But I am switching out my freeze-dried to Thrive Life... It ain't meals, it's pantry tins of single ingredients. Everything from freeze dried butter and cheese to meat, veggies, and fruits. Then you can make whatever you want, without all the preservatives and additives.

https://www.thrivelife.com/shop

And the best part is, I am making BETTER food than I have in Mountain House, and around half the money per serving... Check it out.

Thanks, I'll check it out.  The dehydrated food that I have has less preservatives than most.  I bought a lot of just dehydrated meat, vegetables, and fruit without a lot of additives -- also dehydrated cheese and milk.  The combos are what have additives but they are more convenient. I had a refrigerator in the old garage of MRE's but they expired so I pitched them when we moved -- been preparing for quite a while.  I really need to think about using the dehydrated for awhile and start replacing with new -- but still have another 5 or 6 years on some -- 8-10 on most cans.  We're set ok for a little while (I hope).

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2020, 10:56:09 pm »
We downsized -- and for me the feature that I sold me on our new home was the extra large pantry --- (and standing room in our attic in case of flooding). I had to make sure that I had enough room to store my cans of dehydrated food and paper goods, etc.  I've slacked recently though on the canned goods -- but I have plenty of room still to add more -- stocking up a bit on canned goods  right now won't hurt.  My hubby always shook his head when I went to the store and came back with stuff to keep up my stockpile --- hubby scoffed a couple of times in recent years at my obsession with maintaining stock -- well my bet is he won't be chucking at my "obsession" anymore.

Hey. I have EVERY respect for a woman that can keep a pantry. Always did, but especially so now, as I have learned to keep the pantry on my own. Even with the help of some top-flight battle-axe farm gals, that was a huge learning curve for me. Learning the cooking was hard enough, but the inventorying of materials was another whole thing - And I am an inventory guy! Just really, really different... Kinda organic. It's gotta grow the way it does... and not predictably.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Keeping a household is a massive and complicated thing.
*RESPECT*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:57:16 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2020, 10:59:20 pm »
Hey. I have EVERY respect for a woman that can keep a pantry. Always did, but especially so now, as I have learned to keep the pantry on my own. Even with the help of some top-flight battle-axe farm gals, that was a huge learning curve for me. Learning the cooking was hard enough, but the inventorying of materials was another whole thing - And I am an inventory guy! Just really, really different... Kinda organic. It's gotta grow the way it does... and not predictably.

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. Keeping a household is a massive and complicated thing.
*RESPECT*

Thank you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2020, 11:01:55 pm »
I really need to think about using the dehydrated for awhile and start replacing with new -- but still have another 5 or 6 years on some -- 8-10 on most cans.  We're set ok for a little while (I hope).

That's what I am doing now... I put it in rotation, and try to do something with it once or twice a week - Not just to get it rotating, but also to work up recipes. My main point is to use it for camp fare, like I did the Mountain House, prepackaging meals for that purpose... The prepping angle is just a bonus. :D

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2020, 11:42:36 pm »
@DB your input is very valuable too, insightful.

In fact, @jafo2010. @roamer_1. , really at everyone, your input and EXPERIENCE is helpful.

I am out of my area of knowledge on this.

Much obliged.

Important topic.

@Victoria33
@berdie
@Gefn
@Quix
@mystery-ak
@Free Vulcan
@Cyber Liberty
@bigheadfred

Yes, thanks to all and a good note, QUIX about that colloidal silver,  I have used that, little spray bottle for the nose.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 12:00:21 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2020, 11:46:31 pm »

NYC’s First Possible Coronavirus Patient Tested at Manhattan Hospital

A person living in New York City is being tested for coronavirus at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan, according to the health officials.

The New York City Department of Health reported the city's first case on Saturday. The patient, under 40, recently traveled to the area from China and "presented with fever and cough or shortness of breath without another common cause, like influenza and other cold viruses," the department said.

The department said testing takes a minimum of 36-48 hours, depending on CDC capacity.

“An individual with a travel history to China felt unwell and sought help from a medical provider who promptly contacted the Health Department. This is exactly what we prepared for and we thank everyone for taking all the right steps,” said Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nycs-first-possible-coronavirus-patient-tested-at-manhattan-hospital/2275229/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2020, 11:54:50 pm »
@DB your input is very valuable too, insightful.

In fact, @jafo2010. @roamer_1. , really at everyone, your input and EXPERIENCE is helpful.

I am out of my area of knowledge on this.

Much obliged.

Important topic.

:beer:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2020, 12:03:02 am »
Well...time for me to get the hell out of Colorado.  I wonder if there's a way I can make my retirement date happen sooner?

Esper approves DoD housing for US coronavirus quarantine after eighth case confirmed

Military installations in Colorado, California and Texas were selected to house the evacuees and will help to assist the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) with the operation, if needed. They are the 168th Regiment Regional Training Institute in Fort Carson, Colo.; Travis Air Force Base in California; Lackland Air Force Base in Texas and Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in California.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-cdc-seventh-case-us

I'm at Ft. Carson!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2020, 12:05:18 am »
I haven't found any information on how long this virus can survive outside the body. That determines if deliveries and/or imports are problematic or not.

From my understanding this is a different strain of the virus -- others strains were from animals to human.  I believe at first they stated that it came from fish -- now there are reports that it is bio engineered.  Human to human contact is what it is spreading so rapidly. I read that some viruses can last up to two days on things like shipping containers, envelopes, door handles,etc. 

Just think of all the goods that the U.S. imports from China.  We are going to be the last to know if this virus has a long survival rate outside the body. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2020, 12:06:23 am »
Well...time for me to get the hell out of Colorado.  I wonder if there's a way I can make my retirement date happen sooner?

Esper approves DoD housing for US coronavirus quarantine after eighth case confirmed

I'm at Ft. Carson!

Oh boy.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2020, 12:16:18 am »

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2020, 12:23:15 am »

I'm at Ft. Carson!

I hope they chose Ft. Carson because it has isolation facilities?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: