Author Topic: Harry Dunn: Family 'devastated' by Boris Johnson's extradition comments  (Read 407 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Harry Dunn: Family 'devastated' by Boris Johnson's extradition comments

The family of Harry Dunn are "absolutely distraught" over comments made by the prime minister, said family spokesman Radd Seiger.

Mr Dunn, 19, died after being hit by a car allegedly driven by Anne Sacoolas, who left the country for the US claiming diplomatic immunity.

Boris Johnson told the BBC that he believed the chances of Mrs Sacoolas being extradited were "very low".

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-51117457

I've seen a more recent picture of Mrs. Sacoolas than what is at the BBC link.  Well, I'm sorry, I think she should be extradited. I can imagine how galling it is for that family.

I thought, they were going to extradite her. The family met with the President I seem to remember. Though, he is the President, I'm sure the justice system has to work in a certain way, whether one is extraditing to the UK, Mexico, Canada or wherever.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Harry Dunn: Family 'devastated' by Boris Johnson's extradition comments
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 04:22:33 pm »
There is no way in hell she can be denied Diplomatic Immunity. The whole international concept of diplomacy would be destroyed as nations would invent "crimes" to enable them the ability to arrest foreign diplomats they couldn't control.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 05:12:13 pm »
There is no way in hell she can be denied Diplomatic Immunity. The whole international concept of diplomacy would be destroyed as nations would invent "crimes" to enable them the ability to arrest foreign diplomats they couldn't control.

Serious Felonies are generally exempted from Diplomatic Immunity.  There was a death here, not parking tickets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 05:21:32 pm »
BoJo probably  mispoke.

The Media has a story for a couple of days, and they never owe apologies, to anybody.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 06:56:08 pm »
Serious Felonies are generally exempted from Diplomatic Immunity.  There was a death here, not parking tickets.

@Cyber Liberty

Name the last diplomat we allowed to be deported to face trial.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 07:30:06 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Name the last diplomat we allowed to be deported to face trial.

I think you are right. I think we have had problems with Saudi Arabians or someone like that and surely, others, who were able to escape justice. It just happens the way the rules are.

@sneakypete

There may well have been some exceptions in the past per the whole international diplomatic scene but I don't know of any.

Something to research. Maybe this is what Boris Johnson meant, it's very unfortunate though.

OTOH, here is another article:

PM ‘misinformed’ on low chance of Sacoolas extradition, says Harry Dunn spokesman
Haroon Siddique

Boris Johnson’s assertion that the wife of a US intelligence officer charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of the 19-year-old motorcyclist Harry Dunn is unlikely to be sent back to the UK to face trial is misconceived, a spokesman for the teenager’s family has said.

The Home Office confirmed on Friday that it had sent a request to the US government to extradite Anne Sacoolas over the collision outside RAF Croughton, in Northamptonshire, on 27 August last year.

However, on Tuesday, in an interview with BBC One’s Breakfast, the prime minister said the chances of the US sending her to the UK were “very low”, adding: “That’s not what they do.”

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/pm-misinformed-on-low-chance-of-sacoolas-extradition-says-harry-dunn-spokesman/ar-BBYWAoe

That article above mentions how they might "blockade US bases" in the UK, a pretty extreme measure, I'll believe it when I see it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:33:04 pm by TomSea »