Author Topic: House Dems launch investigation into Trump admin’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ program  (Read 280 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems launch investigation into Trump admin’s ‘Remain in Mexico’ program
January 14, 2020 | BPR Wire

Jason Hopkins, DCNF

Democrats on the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigrant and Citizenship announced on Tuesday an investigation into the Trump administration’s Migrant Protection Protocols program.
    Migrant Protection Protocols, or “Remain in Mexico,” calls on asylum seekers who reach the southern border to wait in Mexico for the duration of their court proceedings, which helps manage the immigration crisis.
    The program, while it’s hailed by immigration enforcement officials as a necessary tool, has long been derided by Democrats and immigrant-rights groups as dangerous and legally dubious for asylum seekers. 

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee announced that they are investigating the Trump administration’s Migrant Protection Protocols initiative, calling into questing the program’s legality.

The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigrant and Citizenship on Tuesday delivered a letter to Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf on Tuesday, announcing its investigation into the administration’s Migrant Protection Protocols program, more popularly referred to as “Remain in Mexico.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/14/house-dems-launch-investigation-into-trump-admins-remain-in-mexico-program-875767
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Any thoughts on this @Chosen Daughter

Yes as a matter of fact I do.  I already stated them in another thread.  Trump is doing anything except depending on the Mexican government to contain them.  At the same time they are prey to the Cartel business of which Trump would not designate terrorist.  He has the power to do it, but he chose not too.  He doesn't need Nancy Pelosi's approval.

The Mexican President has no control over Mexico.  It is run by Cartels.  Having them wait may keep them out of the United States but it isn't a long term solution.  And I am not surprised that Democrats have introduced the bill.  It will be a global outrage if it continues and won't last long.  And it also has become part of the Cartel business to extort and kidnap/human trafficking......etc.  They will never stop coming if we don't address the Cartel and their border business.

Meanwhile Trump has signed spending bills that provide amnesty that allows illegal immigrants to sponsor "children" in this country.  Many of them are linked to MS-13.  We can simply ignore that there are still criminals coming into the country.  Or that there isn't criminals preying on people who really are trying to flee from real cartel and gang violence.  Or we can address the drug and crime business at the border and just say no to Mexican Cartel in the United States.  Shut it down.  Trump brought it out and then he changed his position. 

Designating Cartels as terrorist give our Federal law enforcement much more authority to stop them from within our country.  And if we stop them here they won't have a business.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
But I do place much of the blame concerning remain in Mexico on the Democrats.  They drove the caravans of thousands of immigrants into this situation.  Soros behind it and Democratic groups that just thought they would come in.  And then they complained about our facilities.  They blamed us when sick people came and died.  We had to shoulder the burden for caring for all these people who came in the caravans. 

So it appears that Trump made a deal with the devil "Cartel".  Things heated up in Mexico this last summer.  To the point of travel advisories in many of the Mexican states.  Many of them on the border.  Having knowledge that Cartel are extorting, raping, killing and kidnapping from the pool of immigrants that Democrats drove toward America.  They should feel guilty.  They are.  And what did they do prior to stop the Cartel?  They did nothing.  What would they like to do now?  Nothing.  I am sure that they would not support declaring Cartel terrorists either.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

The program ... has long been derided by Democrats and immigrant-rights groups as dangerous and legally dubious for asylum seekers.

That's for courts to decide. Not the House. And it is being litigated, https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/12/20/us-government-aclu-face-off-in-hearing-over-asylum-seekers/ .
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

I, too, place much of the blame for this on the Democrats. /s