Author Topic: GOP senators say impeachment rules won't include motion to dismiss  (Read 156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators say impeachment rules won't include motion to dismiss
By Jordain Carney - 01/14/20 11:36 AM EST

Members of Republican leadership say they do not expect a yet-to-be unveiled rules resolution for the Senate impeachment trial to have a built-in motion to dismiss — a break with the Clinton impeachment rules.

Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the No. 2 Republican in the upper chamber, said rules for the impeachment trial are still being "nailed down" but added, "I would be surprised if there was a dismissal motion included. I would bet against it."

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), an adviser to Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), separately told The Hill that he did not expect a motion to dismiss to be "baked" into the resolution.

“If 51 senators wanted to have that vote we could have it at some point. I don’t believe it’s going to be baked into the underlying resolution,” Cornyn said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/478155-gop-senators-impeachment-rules-wont-include-motion-to-dismiss
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: GOP senators say impeachment rules won't include motion to dismiss
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:00:41 pm »
McConnell doesn't have 50 vote to dismiss. wink777

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: GOP senators say impeachment rules won't include motion to dismiss
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:39 pm »
There went the "If it's good enough for Clinton, it's good enough for Trump" argument. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: