Author Topic: A GOP-led edge: Red states see less unemployment, more economic growth  (Read 227 times)

rangerrebew

A GOP-led edge: Red states see less unemployment, more economic growth
By Kristin Tate, opinion contributor — 01/13/20 08:30 AM EST

Opinion polling isn’t everything. However, it often gives you a good barometer of the general shape of things, especially at the state level. As of mid-2019, every single one of the top 10 most popular governors in the country were Republicans, while eight of the 10 least popular were Democrats. Generally speaking, voters trust Republicans more than they trust Democrats to lead their states.

A deeper look at GOP-led states’ economic success explains why — but beyond the minutiae of simple policy, the bottom line is that electing a Republican often means increased growth and lower unemployment. An even stronger rule bears out the opposite when Democrats control the governor’s mansion.

https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/477923-a-gop-led-edge-red-states-see-less-unemployment-more-economic-growth

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: A GOP-led edge: Red states see less unemployment, more economic growth
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 04:56:43 pm »
Does this surprise anyone here?  Dems feel their only approach to solving problems is taxing their way to a solution.  Well, we have been taxed to death, and frankly, I am long tired of it, and this from someone who was once a Dem, even got elected as a Dem.

I say the Dems are self inflicting wounds they will never recover from.  With the communist branch taking more control of the party, I believe their sphere of power continues to wither.