Author Topic: Donald Trump Will Transfer $7.2 Billion for Border Wall  (Read 525 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Donald Trump Will Transfer $7.2 Billion for Border Wall
« on: January 14, 2020, 12:39:01 pm »
Breitbart by Neil Munro 1/13/2020

Washington Post: Donald Trump Will Transfer $7.2 Billion for Border Wall

President Donald Trump will transfer another $7.2 billion from Pentagon accounts in 2020 to build the promised border wall, according to the Washington Post.

The paper reported January 13 that the president would use his national emergency powers to:

divert an additional $7.2 billion in Pentagon funding for border wall construction this year, five times what Congress authorized him to spend on the project in the 2020 budget, according to internal planning figures obtained by The Washington Post.

The Pentagon funds would be extracted, for the second year in a row, from military construction projects and counternarcotics funding. According to the plans, the funding would give the government enough money to complete [a total of] approximately 885 miles of new fencing by spring 2022, far more than the 509 miles the administration has slated for the U.S. border with Mexico.

The pending transfer, if not blocked by Congress or the courts, would bump up his border wall spending to $18.4 billion.

So far, Trump’s deputies have built a little over 100 miles of upgraded “wall system” and are in the process of planning and building another 350 miles.

Chad Wolf, the acting chief of the Department of Homeland Security, admitted last week that the agency will not meet the president’s target of 450 miles by election day. “I can tell you right now that we remain confident that we are on track to [reach] 400, 450 miles that are either completed or under construction by the end of 2020,” Wolf told attendees at a January 10 press conference in Yuma, Arizona.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2020/01/13/washington-post-donald-trump-transfer-7-2-billion-border-wall/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Donald Trump Will Transfer $7.2 Billion for Border Wall
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 02:02:12 pm »
Waiting for "I thought Mexico was paying for the wall"

:2popcorn:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 01:34:11 am »
I don't care WHO "pays for the wall", so long as it gets built.

It will have been money well-spent...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 02:17:56 am »
I don't care WHO "pays for the wall", so long as it gets built.

It will have been money well-spent...

Hmm, I remember when they built the prototypes.  It was going to be a wall that they couldn't climb.  But they are climbing the new wall.  Because they are making it so that people can scale the wall.  That on top of the bill that Trump signed allowing border cities to opt out of the wall.

Funny but the Border States are not polling big for Trump.  Not even Texas.

ttps://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=scaling+Trumps+new+wall&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3dscaling%2bTrumps%2bnew%2bwall%26FORM%3dHDRSC3&view=detail&mid=D5A8E9D5F1C356C03B71D5A8E9D5F1C356C03B71&&FORM=VDRVRV

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Trumps+Wall+Now&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3dTrumps%2bWall%2bNow%26Form%3dVDRSCL%26%3d0&view=detail&mid=C7907E43D089E622F400C7907E43D089E622F400&&FORM=VDRVRV
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:30:09 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 02:23:04 am »
Hmm, I remember when they built the prototypes.  It was going to be a wall that they couldn't climb.  But they are climbing the new wall.  Because they are making it so that people can scale the wall.  That on top of the bill that Trump signed allowing border cities to opt out of the wall.

Funny but the Border States are not polling big for Trump.  Not even Texas.

The wall don't mean crap without patrols. Literally minutes with a cutting torch to bust a hole big enough for a pickup to drive through...

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 02:31:08 am »
The wall don't mean crap without patrols. Literally minutes with a cutting torch to bust a hole big enough for a pickup to drive through...

Exactly.  Trump cared so much about it that he signed to allow border governments to opt out.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Trumps+Wall+Now&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3dTrumps%2bWall%2bNow%26Form%3dVDRSCL%26%3d0&view=detail&mid=5A71AEB1EF9EDE6C855F5A71AEB1EF9EDE6C855F&&FORM=VDRVRV

****sheep****
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:40:45 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:43:59 am »
Designate Cartel terrorists and stop the Cartel business at the border.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 03:17:34 am »
Exactly.  Trump cared so much about it that he signed to allow border governments to opt out.

If this is so, can you name one Border Govt that has opted out of wall construction?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:23:38 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 04:32:34 am »
Look at the Never Trumpers step'in and fetch'in over this.  Sad.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 01:03:55 pm »

This article states specific areas that cannot be built on.

https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/10/28/construction-of-new-border-wall-in-south-texas-begins/

The article only states that funds from the $1.375 billion  would not go to the listed sites, not that they were perpetually exempt.

Congress appropriated $1.375 billion for a South Texas border wall in the fiscal year 2019, but lawmakers exempted Santa Ana and a few other historical sites in the Rio Grande Valley, from having a border wall cut through it. Others include historic La Lomita Chapel, Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park, within or east of the Vista del Mar Ranch tract of the Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge, or the National Butterfly Center.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 02:07:55 pm »

That is where 'border patrol' comes in.  Use of drones would be extremely helpful.

As for the $7.2 Billion being transferred for the Border Wall = WINNING!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 02:44:25 pm »
That is where 'border patrol' comes in.  Use of drones would be extremely helpful.

I am just saying - there are TWO parts to this: The wall means nothing without the men to patrol it.  Drones are fine and all, but you need boots on the ground that can respond to assaults on the wall, not just pictures of it, or that wall means nothing at all.

As for the $7.2 Billion being transferred for the Border Wall = WINNING!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

I hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it.