Author Topic: Dems Reveal Behind Closed-Doors That Pelosi’s Impeachment Stunt ‘Failed’  (Read 307 times)

rangerrebew

Dems Reveal Behind Closed-Doors That Pelosi’s Impeachment Stunt ‘Failed’

Martywalsh

Posted January 12, 2020 in Politics

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has claimed for months that Democrats are "unified" and think they have handled impeachment into President Donald Trump with suburb precision.

However, a new report reveals the exact opposite.

During an interview Sunday on ABC News, Washington Post congressional reporter Rachael Bade revealed that a lot of Democrats have privately said Pelosi's impeachment "gambit" was a "failed strategy.”

Pelosi has been holding onto the articles of impeachment, but this week is expected to send them to the Senate.

https://trendingpolitics.com/dems-reveal-behind-closed-doors-that-pelosi-s-impeachment-stunt-failed/?utm_source=patriots&utm_medium=email

Offline libertybele

Just my opinion here, but Nancy has lost a lot of credibility.  She hasn't been able to contain the radicals like AOC in her party either and I think this was an effort to make herself relevant again and the attempt failed miserably.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The biggest reason Pelosi's impeachment circus failed is because she overreached. Lawyers know this very well. If you overcharge the defendant, for example murder for a hit and run, the more likely it is the defendant will be found not guilty. Because she went for impeachment she lost. Whereas a simple 'censure' would have surely passed. She swung for the bleachers and struck out.

I think the reason for this is that a symptom of TDS is a profound belief in your own 'correctness', that is your own self-righteousness. This belief leads them to believe that they are the vast majority, and Trump supports are a small group of idiots who can be bulldozed easily.

I firmly believe, and Pelosi even said so, that she thought a third to one-half of Republicans in the House would vote with her and so would the Senate. She was swept away by her own delusional fanaticism and believed that it would be a full on revolution because it is 'so obvious to everyone' that Trump should be impeached. She became incapable of considering any difference of opinion or any other outcome than the one they envisioned. It was inevitable.

Trump's win was an outlier, one-off, stupid fluke, that never should have happened. Pelosi and her TDS squad, thought that it was a sure thing that if Republicans and Democrats both in the House and Senate were given an opportunity, any opportunity, to correct this horrible terrible mistake they would jump on it with enthusiasm. In their TDS addled brains, they simply cannot comprehend or digest that Trump has any 'real' supporters, or that he has ever done any single good thing as President or in his entire life.

TDS people cannot conceive of the idea that not everyone thinks like them.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 06:00:24 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

Just my opinion here, but Nancy has lost a lot of credibility.  She hasn't been able to contain the radicals like AOC in her party either and I think this was an effort to make herself relevant again and the attempt failed miserably.

No, if you will recall, she wrote and spoke against impeachment without better evidence. I think she was pressured into doing this - Not that it matters, because she's the bag-holder, one way or the other, and that's alright by me...

Offline Victoria33

No, if you will recall, she wrote and spoke against impeachment without better evidence. I think she was pressured into doing this - Not that it matters, because she's the bag-holder, one way or the other, and that's alright by me...
@roamer_1

I read the article and the writer is giving "her" opinion without any documentation.  It is one of those, "I heard ----- say"; look at her using no numbers, "a lot", "several", and "probably".

"During an interview Sunday on ABC News, Washington Post congressional reporter Rachael Bade revealed that a lot of Democrats have privately said Pelosi's impeachment "gambit" was a "failed strategy.”"

"Pelosi has been holding onto the articles of impeachment, but this week is expected to send them to the Senate."  But Bade said the damage had already been done and that several Democrats were "furious" with Pelosi.

“She was clearly putting a positive spin on what a lot of Democrats have privately said (If it was private then she did not hear it) was a failed strategy,” Bade said.

She noted how Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer were pushing for witnesses and wanted a resolution on the proceedings and “got neither of those.”  (That remains to be seen; those votes will be held after the trial starts; so she does not know whether there will be witnesses or not.)

“I know her team has sort of said, look, she was able to hold out, there was a bunch of new revelations that happened over the holiday break. Bolton came out and said he’s willing to testify,” Bade said."

She added: “Those things probably would have happen regardless of whether she was holding them. And, in fact, there might have even been more news focused on those things if everybody wasn’t asking what is Nancy Pelosi doing for the articles.”  (She is guessing here, as in "making it up".)

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I read the article and the writer is giving "her" opinion without any documentation.  It is one of those, "I heard ----- say"; look at her using no numbers, "a lot", "several", and "probably".

"During an interview Sunday on ABC News, Washington Post congressional reporter Rachael Bade revealed that a lot of Democrats have privately said Pelosi's impeachment "gambit" was a "failed strategy.”"

"Pelosi has been holding onto the articles of impeachment, but this week is expected to send them to the Senate."  But Bade said the damage had already been done and that several Democrats were "furious" with Pelosi.

“She was clearly putting a positive spin on what a lot of Democrats have privately said (If it was private then she did not hear it) was a failed strategy,” Bade said.

She noted how Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer were pushing for witnesses and wanted a resolution on the proceedings and “got neither of those.”  (That remains to be seen; those votes will be held after the trial starts; so she does not know whether there will be witnesses or not.)

“I know her team has sort of said, look, she was able to hold out, there was a bunch of new revelations that happened over the holiday break. Bolton came out and said he’s willing to testify,” Bade said."

She added: “Those things probably would have happen regardless of whether she was holding them. And, in fact, there might have even been more news focused on those things if everybody wasn’t asking what is Nancy Pelosi doing for the articles.”  (She is guessing here, as in "making it up".)

@Victoria33

I don't know nothing about any of all that (any more so than the author, as you've demonstrated).  All I know is her public position in the news prior to engagement on impeachment. She cautioned against going off half-cocked. She stood in the way of the hue and cry. I think she was overpowered by public opinion on the left, and HAD TO engage... Much to the end that she foresaw.

Like I said, doesn't matter that much. She's gonna be the bag-holder. And it may well force her retirement. And that, regardless of why, is a happy day.  :shrug:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
To lose credibility, you must first possess it.  Pelosi has zero cred, she is merely a place holder as Speaker.  She has accomplished nothing in two years, with a POTUS who would have been willing to work with her.  After completing all that he has done, the American people know this.

I think the Democommies are done.  Seriously.  You cannot have communists as leaders in your party and expect Americans to turn out and vote for your candidate.  Not happening any time soon.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
jafo wrote:
"I think the Democommies are done.  Seriously.  You cannot have communists as leaders in your party and expect Americans to turn out and vote for your candidate.  Not happening any time soon."

A Fishrrman fearless prediction:
You're gonna be surprised on November 4, 2020...!

(either that, or I am...!)

Offline LegalAmerican

To lose credibility, you must first possess it.  Pelosi has zero cred, she is merely a place holder as Speaker.  She has accomplished nothing in two years, with a POTUS who would have been willing to work with her.  After completing all that he has done, the American people know this.

I think the Democommies are done.  Seriously.  You cannot have communists as leaders in your party and expect Americans to turn out and vote for your candidate.  Not happening any time soon.

I agree. People need to stop being N.T.'S and support our constitution & Bill of Rights, as AMERICANS. Support our country.
It is time or we have NO AMERICA!

"I said, nah, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president.’  I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”-Joe Biden.

1998 Treaty of sharing information On criminal activity.  In 1998 Bill Clinton Sent to the senate for approval A treaty Negotiated With the Ukraine As well as others on sharing criminal activity information. Criminal information sharing treaty . This treaty Obligates countries That have knowledge Of corruption Taken place In our country Are others That affect both countries.Therefore the conversation in question is approved by treaties between our country others IE the Ukraine  By this treaty any U.S. president can share and/or request information on topics of criminal activity.