Author Topic: Spy Court Picks FISA Abuse Denier To Tackle FISA Abuse..Mollie Hemingway  (Read 180 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Spy Court Picks FISA Abuse Denier To Tackle FISA Abuse

The appointment of a former official who served as an apologist for the FBI signals that the court isn't particularly concerned about the civil liberty violations catalogued by Inspector General Michael Horowitz.

By Mollie Hemingway
January 12, 2020

The nation’s top spy court appointed an Obama-era Justice Department official who has denied and downplayed FBI surveillance abuse to assess the FBI’s response to a scathing new report cataloguing problems with how the agency secured authority to spy on a Donald Trump campaign affiliate.

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) presiding Judge James Boasberg appointed David Kris to review the FBI’s proposed changes to its surveillance application process even though he spent the past few years running interference for the FBI as substantive criticism of the agency mounted.

Lengthy investigations in the House of Representatives and by the Department of Justice inspector general showed major problems with the claims the FBI made as part of an investigation into whether Trump was a traitor who had colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 election. Those problems include withholding exonerating evidence, undue reliance on shady sources, and outright alteration of evidence.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/01/12/spy-court-picks-fisa-abuse-denier-to-tackle-fisa-abuse/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Spy Court Picks FISA Abuse Denier To Tackle FISA Abuse..Mollie Hemingway
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 05:56:17 pm »
 **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 06:05:51 pm »
The federal incest is alive and well..  9999hair out0000

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 06:36:52 pm »
The federal incest is alive and well..  9999hair out0000

:yowsa: @EdinVA!  Unfortunately it is.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 07:50:51 pm »
FBI
Published 1 hour ago
Last Update 1 min ago
FISA selects former Obama admin lawyer, left-wing blogger to oversee FBI's surveillance reforms

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fisa-selects-former-obama-admin-lawyer-left-wing-blogger-to-oversee-fbis-surveillance-reforms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34