Author Topic: Pelosi: ‘McConnell Has Been Engaged in Tactics of Delay;’ Senate to Get Impeachment Articles Next W  (Read 827 times)

rangerrebew

Pelosi: ‘McConnell Has Been Engaged in Tactics of Delay;’ Senate to Get Impeachment Articles Next Week
By Craig Bannister | January 10, 2020 | 2:31pm EST

“Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has been engaged in tactics of delay,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared Friday in a “Dear Colleague” letter announcing that she will stop refusing to send House-passed articles of impeachment to the Senate.

Pelosi began her letter by accusing McConnell of being the one who has been delaying the impeachment process:

“For weeks now, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been engaged in tactics of delay in presenting transparency, disregard for the American people’s interest for a fair trial and dismissal of the facts.”

https://cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/pelosi-mcconnell-has-been-engaged-tactics-delay-senate-get-impeachment

Offline PeteS in CA

For weeks now, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has been engaged in tactics of delay ...

Do her Dem colleagues really believe this inversion of reality. Miss Nancy tried to get her way by withholding the articles of shampeachment and failed. She's starting to make Eric Swillwell look sane.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nancy, until we see something concrete, all we believe is the froth from your mouth we can see.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Pelosi:
‘McConnell Has Been Engaged in Tactics of Delay;’

This rates a Fishrrman...
EGADS !!!

Can you say P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-O-N ??
I knew you could !!

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Pelosi is smart to make this about McConnell. It doesn't matter if what she says is true.

Because of McConnell foolishly saying that he would be in "total coordination with the White House" ( why say it, man--just do it), Pelosi has got some credibility to say, "cover up, cover up, cover up!" over and over.

By making those comments, McConnell showed zero consideration for his vulnerable swing state GOP colleagues. It's easy to be flippant when you represent Kentucky. Collins, McSally, Ernst, Gardner et al are under pressure to give the pretense of a "fair" trial.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There's Nancy again, thinking she can string words together to create reality.

Why didn't you send them a month ago?
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

Why didn't you send them a month ago?

That's the thing... Why wait... Why now? Where is the percentage?

Offline Hoodat

Just as every cop is a criminal, and all the sinners saints . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's the thing... Why wait... Why now? Where is the percentage?

I can't fathom what they are doing and why, but I sure like the slow ugly train wreck!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Hey.  Have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline FeelNoPain

Love the Stones.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All the joking aside, Pelosi's mind really is swirling the drain.
The scariest part is she doesn't know she is lying. She thinks what she says is reality.
If McConnell would just do what I say, we could move ahead with the trial.
The only reason he refuses to submit the Senate to my control is to delay the trial.
This is Pelosi logic at its best.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

When is the HOUSE gong to fall on her?

Offline LegalAmerican

All communists do BACKWARDS SPEEK. She was a card carrying communist at one time. Mafia daughter Pelosi. Remember communist obama? 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Wingnut

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Nazi Botox gets loonier by the day. Can she even return to reality after her sojourn into upside-down world?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When is the HOUSE gong to fall on her?
Hilarious.

When will Toto Schiff lift the basket lid and peer out?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

Hilarious.

When will Toto Schiff lift the basket lid and peer out?

He's in the lollipop guild with No Nads and Swallywell

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Pelosi is smart to make this about McConnell. It doesn't matter if what she says is true.

Because of McConnell foolishly saying that he would be in "total coordination with the White House" ( why say it, man--just do it), Pelosi has got some credibility to say, "cover up, cover up, cover up!" over and over.

By making those comments, McConnell showed zero consideration for his vulnerable swing state GOP colleagues. It's easy to be flippant when you represent Kentucky. Collins, McSally, Ernst, Gardner et al are under pressure to give the pretense of a "fair" trial.

It's the accused that is entltled to a fair trial,  not the accusers.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

Amusing to see Pelosi trying to exceed her grasp, and fumbling and bumbling every stage of Trump’s presidency, including impeachment.

This, while the media and the democrats (but I repeat myself), and NeverTrump republicans, praise her as a cunning strategist!

:silly:

Offline Wingnut

Amusing to see Pelosi trying to exceed her grasp, and fumbling and bumbling every stage of Trump’s presidency, including impeachment.

This, while the media and the democrats (but I repeat myself), and NeverTrump republicans, praise her as a cunning strategist!

:silly:

LOL at the cunning strategist.  She's not even a cunning linguist.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
LOL at the cunning strategist.  She's not even a cunning linguist.
She was during college as a phase.
It was experimental.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

Ditto.  And Pelosi is the one abusing power and obstructing Congress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline FeelNoPain

You’re right, of course. However, the court of public opinion is something that I have always felt Trump was good at mastering. It doesn’t matter what is “fair” or “ just,” it matters what people believe.