Author Topic: Dangerous storms threaten tornadoes, flooding and crippling ice in country's eastern half  (Read 826 times)

Offline Applewood

Dangerous storms threaten tornadoes, flooding and crippling ice in country's eastern half

An already deadly line of powerful storms is bearing down on the eastern half of the United States, threatening dangerous winds and tornadoes in the South and potentially crippling snow and ice in the Midwest through the weekend, with heavy rain and flooding in between.

At least three people died in Louisiana from Friday night into Saturday morning as a result of severe storms, authorities said
And hundreds of flights have been canceled or delayed at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport on Saturday, as the city faced wintry precipitation and strong winds.

The storms will primarily hit the Southeast, Midwest and eventually the Northeast from now into early next week.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/11/weather/forecast-us-ice-storm-tornado-saturday/index.html

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

We (Texas Hill Country) got battered last night.  Gonna BBQ today, so it's all good.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

It is VERY windy here! 

(They're saying 50 mph gusts).

It's also 65 degrees.

Weird January day.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

It is VERY windy here! 

(They're saying 50 mph gusts).

It's also 65 degrees.

Weird January day.

We hit 72 today -- broke a record from the late 1800s. 

I'm waiting for some climate change whiner to carry on about how "we never had 72 in January, so this must be climate change," or words to that effect.  Usually, the ones who say that haven't been around as long as I have.  I can remember warm Januarys-- and a few cold/damp 4th of Julys.  Maybe it's been a lot of years since these phenomena have occurred, but just because they didn't happen in your lifetime doesn't mean they never happened.

Same goes for the tornados and floods forecasted bere. 

Offline Applewood

@corbe

Glad your safe and all is well. 

Offline musiclady

We hit 72 today -- broke a record from the late 1800s. 

I'm waiting for some climate change whiner to carry on about how "we never had 72 in January, so this must be climate change," or words to that effect.  Usually, the ones who say that haven't been around as long as I have.  I can remember warm Januarys-- and a few cold/damp 4th of Julys.  Maybe it's been a lot of years since these phenomena have occurred, but just because they didn't happen in your lifetime doesn't mean they never happened.

Same goes for the tornados and floods forecasted bere.

I remember a day in February in 1972 when it was 70 degrees at my parent’s home in N E Ohio.

You’re right. People who say this has never happened before are either too young or too brainwashed to know.

btw, the worst of our wind is going to be overnight.

60 mph.  That is some kinda wind!!

(Hope we have power in the morning!)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Had a tornado watch here for basically all day yesterday.
No reported touchdowns, thank God.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

I remember a day in February in 1972 when it was 70 degrees at my parent’s home in N E Ohio.

You’re right. People who say this has never happened before are either too young or too brainwashed to know.

btw, the worst of our wind is going to be overnight.

60 mph.  That is some kinda wind!!

(Hope we have power in the morning!)

We're under a wind advisory starting tonight at 11 pm Eastern till sometime tomorrow.  50 mph gusts, not quite as bad as yours.  I too hope the power stays on.

At about that time, the 70 degree temperatures will be no more.  Falling temperatures into the 30s by sometime tomorrow.  I expect some parts of western PA will see snow too.  Back to winter.  And the global warming whiners will stop whining.

Offline Applewood

Had a tornado watch here for basically all day yesterday.
No reported touchdowns, thank God.

Thank God indeed!  Glad you are safe.

Offline libertybele

We're under a wind advisory starting tonight at 11 pm Eastern till sometime tomorrow.  50 mph gusts, not quite as bad as yours.  I too hope the power stays on.

At about that time, the 70 degree temperatures will be no more.  Falling temperatures into the 30s by sometime tomorrow.  I expect some parts of western PA will see snow too.  Back to winter.  And the global warming whiners will stop whining.

50 mph wind gusts with temps falling temps into the 30's -- doesn't sound fun at all.  Hope everyone has an alternate heat source.  Years ago when we lived up north, we used a wood stove to heat our home.  It saved us several times when the power went out.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Thank God indeed!  Glad you are safe.
Well thank you.
The same to you.

It must have been fairly serious. This is the first time I ever received an actual email warning about it, written in English and Spanish.
Muy peligroso indeed!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.