Author Topic: HRW, Ilhan Omar criticized for sharing think tank report attacking Iran activist  (Read 169 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Here's that Iranian woman who came up in conversation, I think I've seen her on FOX, I didn't know she's with VOA now.
HRW, Ilhan Omar criticized for sharing think tank report attacking Iran activist

Ismaeel Naar, Al Arabiya English Friday, 10 January 2020

Twitter users have criticized Human Rights Watch’s Middle East director Sarah Leah Whitson and Democratic congresswoman Ilhan Omar after they retweeted an article by a think tank which attacked the credentials of an Iranian activist who now works for the US government-funded Voice of America (VoA) news network.

The article by the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft’s article argued that US outlets who host Alinejad on their programs must declare the VoA journalist as a US government-paid individual.

The article in question about the credentials of activist Masih Alinejad – who currently works as a journalist for the Voice of America Persian service – was posted by the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft, a think tank created in September which lists Trita Parsi as its vice president.

Journalist and Author Masih Alinejad speaks onstage during the WICT Leadership Conference at New York Marriott Marquis Hotel on October 16, 2018 in New York City. (File photo: AFP)
Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2020/01/10/HRW-Ilhan-Omar-criticized-for-sharing-think-tank-s-anti-Iranian-activist-report.html

I'm not sure where the looney left or squad threads... cat fight, I will have to watch her on youtube, she must have some videos, I like her....