Author Topic: Buttigieg Suggests US Bears Some Blame For Iran Blowing Up Airplane  (Read 422 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Chuck Ross
Investigative Reporter
January 09, 2020 4:21 PM ET

Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg suggested Thursday that the United States bears some of the blame for the Iranian military shooting down a commercial airliner while it was at the same time firing ballistic missiles at an Iraqi military base that houses American troops.

“Innocent civilians are now dead because they were caught in the middle of an unnecessary and unwanted military tit for tat,” Buttigieg tweeted.

“My thoughts are with the families and loved ones of all 176 souls lost aboard this flight.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/09/buttigieg-iran-airplane-usa/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Buttigieg Suggests US Bears Some Blame For Iran Blowing Up Airplane
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 10:51:43 pm »
The Democrat party is coming dangerously close to sounding like they are on Iran's side. If you confronted them with this, they would deny it.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 10:58:19 pm »
The Democrat party is coming dangerously close to sounding like they are on Iran's side. If you confronted them with this, they would deny it.

I'd say that they are on Iran's side.  When we have idiots like this make ridiculous comments and Hollywood scumbags apologizing to Iran - yes, they are on Iran's side.  Certainly not on the side of  America.  Trump and team took out a murderer and one that has harmed/murdered his own people and plotted to kill Americans and took lives of Americans -- yet they apologize?  Truly they want to see the destruction and death of this Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 11:02:34 pm »
   I read today somewhere that obummer's lover Reggie Love was gonna hold a campaign ralley in Ohio for the buttplug. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 02:32:28 am »
Yeah, this is what the nation needs as commander in chief.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 02:19:15 pm »
This apparent shoot-down happened hundreds of miles and several hours away from the Iranian missile attacks on US bases in Iraq. Further, had Iran thought, even briefly, they would have shut down major civilian airports as soon as they launched their missiles - no take-off, no landings except for any planes too close to divert elsewhere. This shoot-down is 100% on Iran. Otherwise one starts down the moronic rabbit hole of whether the US should have allowed the Soviets to make Iran a satellite and whether Alexander the Great should have stayed in Macedonia.

Why does "Moronic Rabbit Hole" sound like a great name for a garage band? I guess I'm under-caffeinated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 02:28:32 pm »
And so the downward poll spiral begins....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 02:44:54 pm »
Yeah, this is what the nation needs as commander in chief.  *****rollingeyes*****

His 1st act would be to go on an American Apology Tour and pick up where Obastard left off.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 02:59:24 pm »
Will conservatives please stop thinking Tulsi is the acceptable Dem?
Matt Couch 🎙  @RealMattCouch

Tulsi Gabbard backing Pete Buttigieg that the Ukrainian Plane shot down by Iran was President Trump’s fault.. just now on Fox News..
You’re GARBAGE TULSI...

9:50 AM · Jan 10, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 03:07:41 pm »
Whenever you are allowed, for however brief a moment to peer through a window into the mind of an American leftist, one of the things you will always see first is just how much they truly loathe their own country, and thus blame it for all of the world's ills. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 03:38:00 pm »
Yes, it was unfortunate, and tragic, but this was not an "unnecessary or unwarranted" tit for tat.    Wasn't it Biden who specifically criticized the President for inaction when the Iranians shot down that unmanned drone?  Would Biden have cheered our lobbing of a retaliatory missile?   Of course not - when it comes to Trump, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.   

The President didn't engage in tit for tat then,  but following the assault on the U.S. Embassy, and the death of an American citizen hit by militia fire directed by the Iranians,  he decided upon an appropriate and proportionate response - and fired a kill shot at the most dangerous terrorist in the last 30 years.   Tit for tat?   Sure.  But it was also an extraordinary demonstration of American intelligence and military skill, and reinforced our policy of deterrence as an alternative to the larger destruction caused by wars launched by foes seeking to exploit our weakness and lack of resolve.

That's what we have to look forward to if the Dems regain the White House - endless poking of a weak and distracted bear.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 03:53:23 pm »
Whenever you are allowed, for however brief a moment to peer through a window into the mind of an American leftist, one of the things you will always see first is just how much they truly loathe their own country, and thus blame it for all of the world's ills.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2020, 04:03:11 pm »

Does Buttigieg even know what they do to his fellow gays in Iran?

https://www.dw.com/en/iran-defends-execution-of-gay-people/a-49144899
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:04:36 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2020, 04:21:22 pm »
Tit For Tat? Really?
Washington Examiner, Dec 9, 2020, Hugo Gurdon

Two of our moment's three biggest stories, Iran and the Democratic presidential primary — the third is impeachment — have come together naturally, if awkwardly, several times in the past two weeks. The blue party's candidates made strategic asses of themselves over President Trump's standoff with Tehran from the outset, a matter on which I expatiate in my column (P.xv).

But the two news strands tangled in a discrete and uniquely irritating way on Jan. 9 when Mayor Pete Buttigieg blamed the Iranian destruction of a Ukrainian passenger plane on an "unwanted military tit for tat."

It is true that the Iranians shot down the aircraft because their anti-aircraft missile batteries were on alert in the confrontation with the United States. So, the plane and its 176 passengers died as collateral victims of the fight. Iran downed the Boeing 737-800 not exactly accidentally but without realizing what the target was.

What's grating about Buttigieg's comment, though, is that "tit for tat" intentionally suggests both a triviality of subject matter and an equivalence between the two things compared. The idea, according to the young fellow who thinks he should be president, is that the elimination of the world's leading terrorist (responsible for more than 600 American deaths) is much of a muchness to retaliation by the terrorist state. Voters may regard this as an invidious comparison, as I do, and think that by itself, it casts doubt on the candidate's appropriateness for high office.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/tit-for-tat-really

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2020, 04:34:31 pm »
Does Buttigieg even know what they do to his fellow gays in Iran?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn