Author Topic: Trump says Iran was 'looking to blow up our embassy'  (Read 198 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says Iran was 'looking to blow up our embassy'
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:31:49 pm »
Trump says Iran was 'looking to blow up our embassy'
By Morgan Chalfant - 01/09/20 01:13 PM EST

President Trump said Thursday that the U.S. killed a top Iranian general in Iraq because Iran was “looking to blow up” the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.

"We did it because they were looking to blow up our embassy,” Trump told reporters at the White House, referring to the U.S. strike against Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani a week ago.

“We also did it for other reasons that were very obvious. Somebody died, one of our military people died. People were badly wounded just a week before, and we did it,” Trump continued, pointing to the death of an American contractor killed in a rocket attack in Iraq.

“And we had a shot at him and I took it and that shot was pinpoint accurate, and that was the end of a monster,” Trump said of Soleimani.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/477560-trump-says-iran-was-looking-to-blow-up-our-embassy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump says Iran was 'looking to blow up our embassy'
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 07:01:09 pm »
I've read elsewhere Soleimani  had a number of devious plans in the works, including toppling the duly elected Iraqi government and strikes against Israel, so this news does not surprise me.

And there is a bunch of stupid people who feel sorry for Soleimani and are offering condolences to Iran. 

Online libertybele

Re: Trump says Iran was 'looking to blow up our embassy'
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »
I've read elsewhere Soleimani  had a number of devious plans in the works, including toppling the duly elected Iraqi government and strikes against Israel, so this news does not surprise me.

And there is a bunch of stupid people who feel sorry for Soleimani and are offering condolences to Iran.

That's ok -- we can name the stupid people; DEMS, RINO's and Hollywood scumbags.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.