Author Topic: Irish bartender sobs in New York court as he is sentenced to just SIX MONTHS jail for one-punch kill  (Read 567 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Irish bartender sobs in New York court as he is sentenced to just SIX MONTHS jail for one-punch death of Gaelic football player outside Queens bar

Steven O'Brien, 26, was sentenced on Wednesday in Queens Criminal Court

He took plea deal in the death of Danny McGee, 21, on Thanksgiving 2018

O'Brien punched McGee once in the head outside the Gaslight Bar in Queens

Victim's mother flew in from County Longford, Ireland for the hearing

Other families of one-punch victims rally for new law with harsher penalties

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:49 EST, 9 January 2020 | Updated: 10:28 EST, 9 January 2020

he Irish bartender who killed a talented Gaelic football player with one punch outside of a New York City bar has been sentenced to six months behind bars.

Steven O'Brien, 26, was sentenced on Wednesday for the sucker punch that killed Danny McGee, 21, on Thanksgiving morning 2018 outside the Gaslight Bar in Sunnyside, Queens.

O'Brien, a Dublin native who is present in the U.S. illegally, sobbed as a victim impact letter from McGee's mother was read aloud in court.

Read more at: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7869153/Irish-bartender-sobs-sentenced-just-SIX-MONTHS-jail-one-punch-death.html

Killing someone with a sucker punch, also, not being in the USA legally. 6 months is too light. I'm not sure what kind of sentencing would be proper. Off the top, yes, 3 years at least without probation. I haven't put much thought into it.

O'Brien, who was convicted, was a bartender, he argued with McGee outside the bar around 3:45 AM,  They argued, O'Brien sucker punched McGee when he looked away. I think there is CCTV video of this. For this, O'Brien gets six months.

Offline EdinVA

Not sure what to think....
I am sure there is more to the story... who started it, what was said, what was the argument about....
Dumb kid made stupid decision?  Did the "victim" have a weapon?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Killing someone with a sucker punch, also, not being in the USA legally. 6 months is too light. I'm not sure what kind of sentencing would be proper. Off the top, yes, 3 years at least without probation. I haven't put much thought into it.

O'Brien, who was convicted, was a bartender, he argued with McGee outside the bar around 3:45 AM,  They argued, O'Brien sucker punched McGee when he looked away. I think there is CCTV video of this. For this, O'Brien gets six months.

Drinking and fighting? The Irish wouldn't do that.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Drinking and fighting? The Irish wouldn't do that.   :cool:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"Wellllll we'llllll drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and drink and drink, and we'llllll fight and fight and fight and fight and fight and fight and fight!"