Author Topic: Adam Schiff Threatens House Subpoena for John Bolton: It’s Not ‘Off the Table’  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 7 Jan 2020

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” House Intelligence Committee chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) did not rule out subpoenaing former National Security Adviser John Bolton after Bolton announced he was willing to testify in the Senate impeachment trial.

Mitchell asked, “John Bolton has now said he will if subpoenaed by the Senate, testify. It’s unclear if Mitch McConnell will even allow witness. But will you go ahead and subpoena him before the House? You could do that right now.”

Schiff said, “We haven’t taken that off the table. I think what makes the most sense, though, is for him to testify in the Senate trial.”

He added, “They should hear directly from one of the key witnesses. And for senators to say, no, they would rather move to dismiss the case than hear from people who have first-hand information tells you a lot about their partiality. They’re not living up to the oath they’ve taken of being impartial jurors.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/01/07/adam-schiff-threatens-house-subpoena-john-bolton/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Schiff knew all along they were going to impeach regardless of witness testimony. If he had subpoenaed Bolton during the hearings, then impeached before a court ruling, the courts would have been much less likely to enforce the subpoena. So Schiff's talk now is just more of his shabby partisan game, and if Bolton has any dignity he should strongly resent Schiff's efforts to make him a pawn in it.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Dems' call for a "fair trial" in the Senate is fundamentally off-base.    A fair trial is supposed to protect the rights of the accused, not the accusers.   By their reckoning, the Star Chamber afforded a fair trial.   
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 04:47:24 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EdinVA

The mistake I think schiff is making is he is assuming that Bolton is "anti Trump" because Trump "fired" Bolton.  I don't get that impression.
Bolton is a kick'em in the knee kinda guy and Trump is more of a negotiator, that is why Bolton left.
If schiff gets Bolton to testify, I think shciff is going to get a surprise.

Offline dfwgator

The mistake I think schiff is making is he is assuming that Bolton is "anti Trump" because Trump "fired" Bolton.  I don't get that impression.
Bolton is a kick'em in the knee kinda guy and Trump is more of a negotiator, that is why Bolton left.
If schiff gets Bolton to testify, I think shciff is going to get a surprise.

Exactly Bolton is daring them to 'throw him in the briar patch'