Author Topic: Bolton willing to testify in Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed  (Read 543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton willing to testify in Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed
By Morgan Chalfant - 01/06/20 12:04 PM EST

Former national security adviser John Bolton said Monday that he would testify in a Senate impeachment trial of President Trump if subpoenaed.

“The House has concluded its Constitutional responsibility by adopting Articles of Impeachment related to the Ukraine matter. It now falls to the Senate to fulfill its Constitutional obligation to try impeachments, and it does not appear possible that a final judicial resolution of the still-unanswered Constitutional questions can be obtained before the Senate acts,” Bolton, who was ousted by Trump in September, said in a statement.

“I have had to resolve the serious competing issues as best I could, based on careful consideration and study. I have concluded that, if the Senate issues a subpoena for my testimony, I am prepared to testify,” Bolton said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/476938-bolton-says-he-would-testify-in-senate-impeachment-trial-if
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Bolton willing to testify in Senate impeachment trial if subpoenaed
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 07:05:02 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 10:53:12 pm »
Schumer: Refusing Bolton testimony would be 'participating in a cover up'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/476960-schumer-refusing-bolton-testimony-would-be-participating-in-a-cover-up

Chucky, you might not want to hear what Mr. Bolton has to say about certain present dim POTUS candidates.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 03:28:33 am »
Chucky, you might not want to hear what Mr. Bolton has to say about certain present dim POTUS candidates.

Eventually everything comes out. 

The Senate hearings are gonna be lit AF

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 04:17:33 am »
Willing to testify if subpoenaed shouldn't really be newsworthy.  I mean, I'd be willing to testify is subpoenaed (the fact that subpoenaing me would be a complete absurdity as I have no knowledge of anything that went on the Trump White House beyond what I read here, notwithstanding).  Not willing to testify if subpoenaed would mean something, something like, "Send the Sargent-at-Arms of the Senate to clap me in irons!  I won't tell you a thing!"  That would be newsworthy.  Saying you'll comply with a hypothetical subpoena, not so much.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 05:05:53 am »
@mystery-ak

John Bolton knows what happened about the money to Ukraine being withheld - however, he has been a staunch Republican for many years.  I cannot see him hurting the Republican Party by testifying against Trump, as he has many more years of service in some capacity in this government after Trump is gone.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 05:40:16 am »
@mystery-ak

John Bolton knows what happened about the money to Ukraine being withheld - however, he has been a staunch Republican for many years.  I cannot see him hurting the Republican Party by testifying against Trump, as he has many more years of service in some capacity in this government after Trump is gone.

@Victoria33

I find the timing near the Soleimani hit interesting.  IIRC Bolton first expressed a willingness to testify, under subpoena and a judicial ruling, just after President Trump surrendered Syria to Erdogan.  Now Bolton has dropped the judge's blessing and seems really interested in saying something.

I bet it is juicy. :doglick:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 04:06:59 pm »
@Victoria33
I find the timing near the Soleimani hit interesting.  IIRC Bolton first expressed a willingness to testify, under subpoena and a judicial ruling, just after President Trump surrendered Syria to Erdogan.  Now Bolton has dropped the judge's blessing and seems really interested in saying something.  I bet it is juicy.
@Once-Ler

I just don't think Bolton will go against Trump and hurt the Republican Party.

Another possibility:  I keep hearing about this book Bolton is writing.  He may have decided to exit government, testify against Trump, and make millions with the sale of his book, then retire from all things government, and have a good life.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 04:24:17 pm »
@Once-Ler

I just don't think Bolton will go against Trump and hurt the Republican Party.

Another possibility:  I keep hearing about this book Bolton is writing.  He may have decided to exit government, testify against Trump, and make millions with the sale of his book, then retire from all things government, and have a good life.

I think President Trump damages the GOP.  Perhaps Bolton is of like mind.  Perhaps thinking we have to cut out the cancer to heal.

Sep 09 Congress learns about whistle-blower report. 
Sep 10 Bolton quits.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 05:30:16 pm »
@mystery-ak

John Bolton knows what happened about the money to Ukraine being withheld

And so does everyone else.   It didn't have to be spent, as per Congress, until the end of the fiscal year on 9/30/2019.   It was duly released about two weeks prior.   The machinations of why it was delayed don't particularly interest me, because the money didn't have to be spent until 9/30.   Bottom line is that it was released as per the direction of Congress, and without any of the demands allegedly made of the Ukrainians being met.

There is simply no impeachable offense.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 05:32:27 pm »
I think President Trump damages the GOP.  Perhaps Bolton is of like mind.  Perhaps thinking we have to cut out the cancer to heal.

@Once-Ler, do you think that the Dems' seeking to impeach this President from the moment of his inauguration qualifies as a "cancer"?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 06:15:14 pm »
@Once-Ler, do you think that the Dems' seeking to impeach this President from the moment of his inauguration qualifies as a "cancer"?   
@Jazzhead
A cancer in the rat body politic?  Sure.  Not much the GOP can do about that and not new.  I call the guy who gives the rats the excuses and the power to impeach the President the GOP's cancer.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 06:23:01 pm »
Willing to testify if subpoenaed shouldn't really be newsworthy.  I mean, I'd be willing to testify is subpoenaed (the fact that subpoenaing me would be a complete absurdity as I have no knowledge of anything that went on the Trump White House beyond what I read here, notwithstanding).  Not willing to testify if subpoenaed would mean something, something like, "Send the Sargent-at-Arms of the Senate to clap me in irons!  I won't tell you a thing!"  That would be newsworthy.  Saying you'll comply with a hypothetical subpoena, not so much.

Excellent point!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 06:55:02 pm »
Schumer: Refusing Bolton testimony would be 'participating in a cover up'
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/476960-schumer-refusing-bolton-testimony-would-be-participating-in-a-cover-up

If the democrats didn't need Bolton's testimony to indict, then his testimony is not needed to either convict or acquit.

It is the democrats, Schumkie, who have rendered Bolton's testimony moot. 

Yup, Pelosi, Schitt-for-Brains and Nonads really are too clever by half.