Author Topic: Netanyahu, in apparent stumble, calls Israel 'nuclear power'  (Read 279 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Netanyahu, in apparent stumble, calls Israel 'nuclear power'
« on: January 05, 2020, 06:19:06 pm »
I don't think he "stumbled" at all.  I think he was sending a message to Iran.  But the Jew hating press always fails to see the subtleties.

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - In an apparent slip of the tongue on Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described Israel as a nuclear power before correcting himself with a bashful nod and an embarrassed smile.

Israel is widely believed to have an atomic arsenal but has never confirmed or denied that it has nuclear weapons, maintaining a so-called policy of ambiguity on the issue for decades.

Netanyahu stumbled at the weekly cabinet meeting while reading in Hebrew prepared remarks on a deal with Greece and Cyprus on a subsea gas pipeline.

“The significance of this project is that we are turning Israel into a nuclear power,” he said, before quickly correcting himself to say “energy power”.

He then paused for a beat, acknowledging his mistake  (and then) with a smile, ploughed he continued on with his comments.

Cleaned up Reuters anti Jewish bias.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-netanyahu-nuclear/netanyahu-in-apparent-stumble-calls-israel-nuclear-power-idUSKBN1Z40CS

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 06:19:54 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.