Author Topic: Sanders introduces measure to block funding for Iran strikes  (Read 322 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders introduces measure to block funding for Iran strikes
« on: January 05, 2020, 12:03:39 am »
 By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Saturday, January 4, 2020

A bill announced Friday by two progressives on Capitol Hill would prohibit funding offensive U.S. military action against Iran or its leaders without obtaining prior authorization from Congress.

Sen. Bernard Sanders, Vermont independent, and Rep. Ro Khanna, California Democrat, announced the measure hours after a U.S. airstrike killed a top Iranian official in Iraq.

The Department of Defense said President Trump authorized the airstrike that killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, to prevent future attacks.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/4/progressives-seek-to-block-funding-military-action/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Sanders introduces measure to block funding for Iran strikes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 12:28:15 am »
This is a great idea.  Tell Iran ahead of time that they can do whatever they wish, and we won't retaliate.

Brilliant.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 01:09:16 am »
Funding.   Trump doesn't need no stinking funding.  Sanders is a communist fool.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 01:33:23 am »
This is a great idea.  Tell Iran ahead of time that they can do whatever they wish, and we won't retaliate.

Brilliant.

Look at the language. "offensive".  Doesn't say the President can't  make them glow as self DEFENSE.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 01:39:16 am »
Whatever you say, Scooter.  We'll just let the adults deal with Iran, mkay?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: