Author Topic: IRAN III News Updates Thread  (Read 18532 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: IRAN III News Updates Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2020, 06:05:29 pm »
We all knew she wasn't gonna say "Commie Secular Jews"....

@Sighlass

Not a chance! She would be ran out of NYC if she did,and America scares her.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #301 on: January 08, 2020, 06:12:58 pm »
They got what they wanted...

What the Democrats wanted was a war, and that's exactly what they didn't get.  They were all set to jump on Trump the warmonger who will get more Americans killed...and it didn't happen.  They don't have a narrative now, which is why they're not talking about it.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #302 on: January 08, 2020, 06:17:44 pm »
Bette Midler
@BetteMidler
·
22s
...........Iran is thousands of years old & was the first empire in history; surviving because because they are cunning, crafty, & have lots of what we do not.

Egypt. China. Assyria. Babylon. Not that I seek intelligence or knowledge from people who should shut up and sing.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #303 on: January 08, 2020, 06:24:24 pm »
At this moment the Mullahs fondest wish is to rally the nation in a war against the Great Satan. We should be figuring out ways to quietly support their internal opposition right now.

:yowsa: @skeeter!  Exactly so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #304 on: January 08, 2020, 06:25:01 pm »
I was reading a story in the Newyorker that this death has unified the Iranian people against the US. I highly doubt that. I would bet a significant portion of the throngs that showed up for his funeral only went to make sure the SOB was dead.

@bigheadfred

NOT to mention to make sure that THEY didn't pique the interest of the secret police to make sure they and THEIR families didn't end up in interrogation cells.

MOST people everywhere are not all that political. They mostly want to be left free to live their lives in peace,but when you live in a fundie police state,you MUST "play the game" or you and your family could face torture and execution for being suspected of being subservises.

Most of the people in the Muddle East have been living this way for so many generations that it is all they know.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2020, 06:32:03 pm »
  Trump was handed an absolute shit sandwich by the last Administration when it comes to Iran.  That deal was terrible, and also undercut allies who thought it gave Iran too much.  It put Iran on a clear path to ascendancy in that region, which they've been pushing and exploiting ever since.

Trump put a screeching halt to that in the last week.

I  am in complete agreement with that.

Trump rightly recognized that Iran is having real internal problems right now.  Taking out Soleimani, then staring down the Ayatollahs, is going to help rally support overseas for some truly severe sanctions.  He's rightly going to give that shot first before sending more Americans off to be killed in a war.

More importantly,it might inspire internal opposition. After all,the mass of the Iranian people have been suffering greatly under the rule of the Mullahs,and sooner or later that has to come to a boil. NOBODY likes living in fear for themselves and their families on a daily basis.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2020, 06:32:29 pm »
Agree 100%. There's a very good article looking back on the recent, 40 yrs, history with Iran. Connects a lot of dots.
Code: [Select]
Iran and America Are Suddenly Both Naked
https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/296604/iran-and-america-are-suddenly-both-naked

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks @don-o

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #307 on: January 08, 2020, 06:46:49 pm »
If they wanted to rally their nation for a war against us, they wouldn't have fired just 15 missiles into mostly-empty bases.  They know, and Trump recognized that they knew, that they could not fight and win such a war against the U.S..  We'd wipe out their oil industry in the first 24 hours.

They didn't want to be seen as the aggressor, as they made clear in their communiques. They claimed to be acting defensively. If they killed alot of people no one would buy the 'we were victimized' line.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #308 on: January 08, 2020, 06:53:01 pm »
Egypt. China. Assyria. Babylon. Not that I seek intelligence or knowledge from people who should shut up and sing.

Funny how a recording contract can turn a dumbass into an expert in world affairs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2020, 07:33:11 pm »
Agree 100%. There's a very good article looking back on the recent, 40 yrs, history with Iran. Connects a lot of dots.
Code: [Select]
Iran and America Are Suddenly Both Naked
https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/296604/iran-and-america-are-suddenly-both-naked

This article is well worthy of its own thread @don-o @mystery-ak

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2020, 09:03:53 pm »
I bet the last administration wrote that retreat draft letter we sent to Iran too.

Trump's speech did not deescalate the situation.  I don't say that because I want Trump to fail and wage war.  I say it because I fear that is his nature.
Trump extended an olive branch, speaking of an alternate course which would benefit Iran and the Iranian People. It comes with conditions, and he also asked the rest of NATO to become more involved in the region to enforce the intolerance of State sponsored terrorism.

The door is open to deescalation, while simply stating that escalation won't be well received.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2020, 09:06:21 pm »
Barzan Sadiq   @BarzanSadiq

16m
#BREAKING
Multiple blasts heard in GreenZone, central #Baghdad.

Two Katyusha rockets fell near #US embassy in central Baghdad. embassy’s sirens heard.

https://twitter.com/BarzanSadiq/status/1215015010805649410

https://twitter.com/i/status/1215015010805649410

:shrug:
Adam Townsend @adamscrabble

Katyusha = big bottle rockets, imprecise, rusty relics. Rarely hit enemy target, nobody wants to drive the trucks, kills lots of their own, so there's that...

Quote Tweet Barzan Sadiq  @BarzanSadiq
Two Katyusha rockets fell near #US embassy in central Baghdad. embassy’s sirens heard. https://pic.twitter.com/vNvz6cXT2f

4:08 PM · Jan 8, 2020
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:19:28 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2020, 09:08:51 pm »
What the Democrats wanted was a war, and that's exactly what they didn't get.  They were all set to jump on Trump the warmonger who will get more Americans killed...and it didn't happen.  They don't have a narrative now, which is why they're not talking about it.

Gee, looks like they won't be able to add this event to their articles of impeachment --- so Nancy I'm sure will be sending over those articles of impeachment any day now.   :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2020, 09:10:42 pm »
US military had advance warning of Iranian ballistic missile attack, officials say
https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-military-iran-iraq-missile-attack-warning-officials
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2020, 09:13:51 pm »

Trump's speech did not deescalate the situation.  I don't say that because I want Trump to fail and wage war.  I say it because I fear that is his nature.

I totally agree with you, regarding "..his nature".   This running shitshow is going on 4 years now.

Truth, he fears nobody and he's run out of f**ks to give.

Can't wait to vote for him again.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2020, 09:18:31 pm »
Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
·
12m
Natl Security officials gave a compelling briefing to Senators just now. They answered every important question.

Anyone who walks out & says they aren’t convinced action against #Soleimani was justified is either never going to be convinced or just oppose everything Trump does.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2020, 09:20:33 pm »
Menendez said he was "unsatisfied." Schumer claims the administration people walked out when the Dems started asking hard questions. I'd say they're both full of poo.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2020, 09:21:07 pm »
ABC News
@ABC
·
41s
"I was deeply surprised at the lack of information presented by the administration regarding a specific imminent threat," Sen. Murphy says after briefing on intel behind U.S. strike killing Soleimani.

"... I think it is likely because it doesn't exist."
Support the USO

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #318 on: January 09, 2020, 12:28:42 am »
After watching video of the 737 crashing, clearly engulfed in flames and falling apart as it falls there is no way that was a technical problem or a catastrophic engine failure.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #319 on: January 09, 2020, 12:30:50 am »
Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
·
12m
Natl Security officials gave a compelling briefing to Senators just now. They answered every important question.

Anyone who walks out & says they aren’t convinced action against #Soleimani was justified is either never going to be convinced or just oppose everything Trump does.
...or approved of everything Soleimani did.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #320 on: January 09, 2020, 12:34:22 am »
Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
·
12m

Interesting -- he has a much different opinion than Lee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #321 on: January 09, 2020, 12:51:43 am »
Milley says Iran launched ballistic missiles intending to kill

Military Times by  Meghann Myers and Valerie Insinna 1/8/2020

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/01/08/milley-says-iran-launched-ballistic-missiles-intending-to-kill/

The Pentagon’s top military adviser believes that when Iran launched missiles at two Iraqi coalition bases on Tuesday night, they were looking for casualties.

Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters Wednesday at the Pentagon that it’s his assessment Iran missed its intended targets at the Al Asad and Erbil air bases, contradicting reports that the victimless strike was meant to make a point but offer Iran a chance to deescalate tensions.

“Bottom line is, in my professional assessment, at Al Asad ... the points of impact were close enough to personnel and equipment and so on and so forth ― I believe, based on what I saw and what I know, that they were intended to cause structural damage, destroy vehicles and aircraft, and to kill personnel,” he said.

Milley added that it was his own personnel assessment, and that intelligence analysts are doing their own investigation now.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #322 on: January 09, 2020, 04:20:04 am »
ABC News
@ABC
·
41s
"I was deeply surprised at the lack of information presented by the administration regarding a specific imminent threat," Sen. Murphy says after briefing on intel behind U.S. strike killing Soleimani.

"... I think it is likely because it doesn't exist."

Nobody seems to be disputing that Soleimani was closely involved with ordering and organizing attacks intended to kill Americans. That was his freaking job.  Being able to point to a specific one at a given moment is completely irrelevant to the nature of the threat he presents.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #323 on: January 09, 2020, 05:08:07 am »
Looks like this is how we are dispersed over there:

Infographic: US troops across the Middle East

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2020/01/07/Infographic-US-troops-across-the-Middle-East.html

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #324 on: January 09, 2020, 05:10:37 am »
Interesting -- he has a much different opinion than Lee.

Lee  looked like a tweeker in his moment in front of the mic.  All hopped up.  Bug-eyed. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.