Author Topic: State Department urges U.S. citizens to leave Iraq immediately  (Read 587 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
State Department urges U.S. citizens to leave Iraq immediately
« on: January 03, 2020, 02:52:35 pm »
State Department urges U.S. citizens to leave Iraq immediately
By Brie Stimson | Fox News

The State Department issued a security alert early Friday morning urging Americans in Iraq to leave the country immediately.

The warning comes hours after Iran promised “harsh retaliation” against the United States for an airstrike that killed top Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani at the Baghdad International Airport.

“Due to heightened tensions in Iraq and the region, we urge U.S. citizens to depart Iraq immediately,” the State Department said in the alert.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/state-department-urges-u-s-citizens-to-leave-iraq-immediately
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: State Department urges U.S. citizens to leave Iraq immediately
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 03:41:32 pm »
Any American stupid enough to still be there will be no loss to the gene pool.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 06:30:30 pm »
Any American stupid enough to still be there will be no loss to the gene pool.

@sneakypete

I should think leaving would be a no-brainer, but since some people really don't have a brain...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 06:59:04 pm by Applewood »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 06:49:47 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Once-Ler
@sneakypete

Trump has said he is bringing our military home - except right now today, we are sending thousands of troops to the middle east.

Iran said America and Israel did this.  That is why Israel is now on high alert.  For many years, Iran has said Israel is the small satan and the US is the big satan.  They have always planned to destroy Israel first, then us.

I studied this situation a long time ago to know about Iran's religion and how that dictated what their leader did.  The short version is, their god is in a well and he will come out of the well when there is war and destruction and he will rule the world.  Iran wants a big war to happen in order to get their god out of that well.  The well is in a mosque and the road to the mosque is highly decorated.  If Iran decides this is the time to wage war to get the god out, the middle east could explode. (consider the rest in quotes)

Who Is Imam Mahdi?
“According to  the Shiite version of Islam the 12th descendant of Mohammed, known as the 12th Imam or the Mahdi, (Also known as the "Hidden Imam”) went into hiding in 941, some 1300 years ago. At an earlier time of rising tensions, the 10th imam was forced from his home in Medina by the powerful Sunni caliph in Baghdad and was sent to live in Samarra, where he could be kept under closer supervision. Both he and his son were believed to have been poisoned by the caliphate. Fearing such persecution, Muhammad al-Mahdi, who was just a child when he became the 12th imam. Then he is said to have gone into what Shiites call occultation, a kind of suspended state from which it is believed he will return. Shiites believe he will reappear when the world has become full of oppression and  tyranny. They believe that he is hidden in the Jamkaran well in Iran, which is a place of pilgrimage for believers who drop their requests for help into the well in the hope that the Imam will read them and come to their aid”.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 08:12:51 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Once-Ler
@sneakypete

Trump has said he is bringing our military home - except right now today, we are sending thousands of troops to the middle east.

@Victoria33

You are correct.  President Trump lies about this all the time, so much so that my pro-Trump brother repeated it at Christmas.

from last October.  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/21/world/middleeast/us-troops-deployments.html

Despite Vow to End ‘Endless Wars,’ Here’s Where About 200,000 Troops Remain

Under President Trump, there are now more troops in the Middle East than when he took office, and he has continued the mission for tens of thousands of others far from the wars of 9/11.

Iran said America and Israel did this.  That is why Israel is now on high alert.  For many years, Iran has said Israel is the small satan and the US is the big satan.  They have always planned to destroy Israel first, then us.

I studied this situation a long time ago to know about Iran's religion and how that dictated what their leader did.  The short version is, their god is in a well and he will come out of the well when there is war and destruction and he will rule the world.  Iran wants a big war to happen in order to get their god out of that well.  The well is in a mosque and the road to the mosque is highly decorated.  If Iran decides this is the time to wage war to get the god out, the middle east could explode. (consider the rest in quotes)

After watching our Pentagon target 2 cars and take them out with pin point accuracy, I feel pretty confident that they can help President Trump respond appropriately to whatever the Iranians believe.  Iran started this by attacking our troops, and then our embassy.  I can't blame President Trump for responding and I like the choice of targets.

Who Is Imam Mahdi?
“According to  the Shiite version of Islam the 12th descendant of Mohammed, known as the 12th Imam or the Mahdi, (Also known as the "Hidden Imam”) went into hiding in 941, some 1300 years ago. At an earlier time of rising tensions, the 10th imam was forced from his home in Medina by the powerful Sunni caliph in Baghdad and was sent to live in Samarra, where he could be kept under closer supervision. Both he and his son were believed to have been poisoned by the caliphate. Fearing such persecution, Muhammad al-Mahdi, who was just a child when he became the 12th imam. Then he is said to have gone into what Shiites call occultation, a kind of suspended state from which it is believed he will return. Shiites believe he will reappear when the world has become full of oppression and  tyranny. They believe that he is hidden in the Jamkaran well in Iran, which is a place of pilgrimage for believers who drop their requests for help into the well in the hope that the Imam will read them and come to their aid”.

Wow.  That is some goofy stuff.  The guy is over a thousand years old...how helpful can he be in a war?

I share your concerns about escalation in Iran but I'm also cognizant that Osama Bin Laden thought he could get away with 9-11 because he thought America was a Paper Tiger after 8 years of President Bill Clinton.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 08:43:41 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Once-Ler
@sneakypete

Who Is Imam Mahdi?

@Victoria33 I respect and enjoy your posts and their historical references. But, imho, the ME is fluid. Perhaps when Trump said this it was a possibility. Perhaps now it is not. Myself, I wish we had no involvement there. But we do. It could very well be that this action will bring greater peace. For a while at least.  I guess we'll see.

An after thought...I'm not sorry in the least that this guy is dead and at this point it doesn't appear that Trump made a mistake.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:47:46 pm by berdie »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 09:34:32 pm »
@Victoria33 I respect and enjoy your posts and their historical references. But, imho, the ME is fluid. Perhaps when Trump said this it was a possibility. Perhaps now it is not. Myself, I wish we had no involvement there. But we do. It could very well be that this action will bring greater peace. For a while at least.  I guess we'll see.  An after thought...I'm not sorry in the least that this guy is dead and at this point it doesn't appear that Trump made a mistake.
@berdie

I have followed Iran's leaders  for a number of years.  Due to that, I believe Iran will respond in a huge way.  Israel knows this and that is why they have ramped up for war as of today, because as of today, Iran says the US and Israel did this.  Leaders in our country and Israel are not safe right now.  Retaliation - we killed one of their leaders, likely they will try to kill one or more of Israel's and ours.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 10:31:14 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Once-Ler
@sneakypete

The short version is, their god is in a well and he will come out of the well when there is war and destruction and he will rule the world.

@Victoria33

He's dead,Jim!

Good riddance,too. SOB poisoned a well!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 10:36:18 pm »
@berdie

I have followed Iran's leaders  for a number of years.  Due to that, I believe Iran will respond in a huge way.  Israel knows this and that is why they have ramped up for war as of today, because as of today, Iran says the US and Israel did this.  Leaders in our country and Israel are not safe right now.  Retaliation - we killed one of their leaders, likely they will try to kill one or more of Israel's and ours.

@Victoria33 

Gee,I wonder what will happen to Iran if they make an assassination attempt on Trump,or even worse,pull one off?

How do you say "Say goodnight,Gracie!" in Arabic?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 11:28:17 pm »
Get civilians out.
Then... get the military out.

So much for blue ink spots on fingers.
Let that place -- and everyone in it -- rot.
Our time there (and the lives we lost there) was WASTED.
Sorry if you don't like that.