Author Topic: Klobuchar hits Trump for spending 1 in 5 days last year at a golf club  (Read 515 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Klobuchar hits Trump for spending 1 in 5 days last year at a golf club
By Alexander Bolton - 01/01/20 04:41 PM EST

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) on Wednesday hit President Trump over a report that last year he spent one out of every five days at a golf club.

“For the record, I spent 0 days on the golf course in 2019,” the White House hopeful posted in a retweet of a CNN analysis that found Trump spent 86 days at a golf club in 2019 alone.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/476462-klobuchar-hits-trump-for-spending-1-in-5-days-last-year-at-a-golf-club
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Klobuchar hits Trump for spending 1 in 5 days last year at a golf club
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:43:46 pm »
Did Trump play golf on each of those 86 days? Or were many of those days spent at his Mar a Lago property - a "golf club" - but Trump did not hit the links? Trump, on the whole IMO, is doing well enough as President that I don't much care if he played 86 full or partial rounds of golf last year. But the wording, "at a golf club", looks intended to deceive, to give an impression of meaning something other than the words actually say.

More particularly, it looks like CNN is trying to re-spin Trump's frequent stays at Mar a Lago. As with Carter and Plains, GA, as with Reagan and his ranch, as with Bush and his ranch, communications facilities are probably set up at Mar a Lago that are about as complete and robust as at the White House.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 05:10:44 pm »

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) on Wednesday hit President Trump over a report that last year he spent one out of every five days at a golf club.

“For the record, I spent 0 days on the golf course in 2019,” the White House hopeful posted in a retweet of a CNN analysis that found Trump spent 86 days at a golf club in 2019 alone.

She is obviously a deep-thinker,huh? NOT being a golfer obviously qualifies her to be the president,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 05:18:24 pm »
Did Trump play golf on each of those 86 days? Or were many of those days spent at his Mar a Lago property - a "golf club" - but Trump did not hit the links?

@PeteS in CA

It doesn't matter either way. There is a truly shocking amount of business done on golf courses,as CEO's talk and scheme with each other as they play.

Not to mention all the business deals sealed in the club houses over drinks after the play ends.

Can YOU think of a better way for a President to "butter up" a CEO,union head,think tank exec,etc,etc,etc,than to invite them to play golf with him at his personal golf course as a personal guest of the owner of the course and the current US President?

Imagine the ego boost of of exec as he tells his personal secretary "Milly,I will be out of the office playing golf with the President tomorrow,so tell any callers where I am and that I will be back tomorrow to answer their calls."

Being summoned to the White House to discuss something with the president is one thing. Being invited like a friend to play golf with him while discussing issues as "just two guys discussing stuff while socializing" is something on an entirely different scale.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 05:22:56 pm »
@PeteS in CA

It doesn't matter either way. There is a truly shocking amount of business done on golf courses,as CEO's talk and scheme with each other as they play.

Not to mention all the business deals sealed in the club houses over drinks after the play ends.

Can YOU think of a better way for a President to "butter up" a CEO,union head,think tank exec,etc,etc,etc,than to invite them to play golf with him at his personal golf course as a personal guest of the owner of the course and the current US President?

Imagine the ego boost of of exec as he tells his personal secretary "Milly,I will be out of the office playing golf with the President tomorrow,so tell any callers where I am and that I will be back tomorrow to answer their calls."

Being summoned to the White House to discuss something with the president is one thing. Being invited like a friend to play golf with him while discussing issues as "just two guys discussing stuff while socializing" is something on an entirely different scale.

@sneakypete888high58888
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 05:32:57 pm »
lol.... the US Senate is in session on average 99 days per year so even if you double it, what does the senator do with the other 165 days per year?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 06:00:04 pm »
@PeteS in CA

I understand that when Trump has the chance to get out to the links he generally powers through a round. He stays pretty focused on his game and finishes quickly. He plays as if he’s trying to set a club speed record. Typical Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 06:25:59 pm »
This is a effective issue because it shows President Trump as a hypocrite.

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3/27/15073086/donald-trump-tweets-barack-obama-golf

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 06:50:15 pm »

https://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/3/27/15073086/donald-trump-tweets-barack-obama-golf

"SB Nation?"  Really scraping that barrel, aren't you?   88finger point
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 07:07:15 pm »

My, oh-my. That is a huge Gotcha, Mr. Madison TDS sufferer.

Please reveal YOUR CHOICE for Potus, this time. Amash? Flake? McMuffin? Sanford?

Happy New Year.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 07:15:18 pm »
Pffff...

Normal workers get weekends, and 10 paid holidays a year.  114 days  divided by 365 = 31%

So why is this a big deal with 20%
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 07:18:21 pm »

By all means, run with it!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 07:38:45 pm »
I understand that when Trump has the chance to get out to the links he generally powers through a round. He stays pretty focused on his game and finishes quickly. He plays as if he’s trying to set a club speed record. Typical Trump.

@aligncare

I can guarantee you that doesn't make even a tiny bit of difference to anyone The President invites to play a round with him.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 09:10:53 pm »
@aligncare

I can guarantee you that doesn't make even a tiny bit of difference to anyone The President invites to play a round with him.

Well, If they’re your average golfer they’ll have to talk fast if they want to keep up with him. happy77

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2020, 09:48:56 pm »

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/476462-klobuchar-hits-trump-for-spending-1-in-5-days-last-year-at-a-golf-club

A Minnesota DEMON-RAT?  Yeah , that is a 'truth teller'..lol lol I worry about us, not having an America. While people want to 'hate' the best president ever, we are close to UN TAKEOVER.  CONGRATS...all lefts & N.T.'S....LIVE THE LIFE OF COMMUNISM.  Disarmament & re-education CAMPS.  Some of you ,still won't understand.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 09:52:46 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2020, 11:10:49 pm »
Well, If they’re your average golfer they’ll have to talk fast if they want to keep up with him. happy77

@aligncare

Maybe,maybe not. He probably plays fast with the friends he has been playing with for years that play as well as he does,or better,but maybe he slows his pace when it's a social/political thing with people he doesn't know? Or at least play at their pace?

After all,we see a lot of NBA stars playing hoops with neighborhood kids. Does anyone thing these pros are charging the kids hard? Nope,they are relaxing and casual,just playing a game at the pace the other players can play.