Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 96099 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #1400 on: November 11, 2020, 01:00:52 am »
https://www.christianpost.com/news/bishop-harry-jackson-jr-conservative-christian-has-died.html

Bishop Harry Jackson Jr., conservative Christian activist and Trump evangelical adviser, has died

Bishop Harry Jackson, Jr., a megachurch pastor and longtime conservative Christian activist who served as an evangelical adviser to President Donald Trump, has died at age 66.

The leadership of Hope Christian Church of Beltsville, Maryland, where Jackson served as senior pastor, posted a statement to Facebook on Monday announcing his passing.

“It is with a heavy heart that we notify you that our beloved Bishop Harry R. Jackson, Jr.  has transitioned to be with the Lord on November 9, 2020,” stated the church.
The Rev. Franklin Graham, head of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, took to Facebook to give condolences, saying that a “great man of God has been called to heaven.”

“Bishop Jackson was a true friend of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He was with us in Washington on September 26 for Prayer March 2020 where he led in prayer for Vice President Mike Pence and our nation, and then joined me as we went to the Oval Office to pray for President Donald J. Trump,” stated Graham.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1401 on: November 11, 2020, 01:28:12 am »
https://www.christianpost.com/news/bishop-harry-jackson-jr-conservative-christian-has-died.html

Bishop Harry Jackson Jr., conservative Christian activist and Trump evangelical adviser, has died

@PeteS in CA

66 is young to die these days for someone who is presumed to be devoutly religious.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1402 on: November 11, 2020, 01:47:31 am »
66, in the US, is fairly young regardless of one's religiosity or lack thereof. His cause of death has not been announced, possibly not yet determined.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1403 on: November 11, 2020, 01:50:33 am »
@PeteS in CA

66 is young to die these days for someone who is presumed to be devoutly religious.
I

Call it Luck.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1404 on: November 11, 2020, 02:26:39 am »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1405 on: November 11, 2020, 02:29:15 am »
I

Call it Luck.

"If he didn't have bad luck, he wouldn't have any luck at all."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1407 on: November 11, 2020, 07:38:22 pm »

That sucks, bigtime.  Harry Jackson was a giant.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1408 on: November 11, 2020, 08:22:40 pm »
I'd call it bad luck.
We all die. It's sad, but it's just part of being human.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1409 on: November 11, 2020, 10:09:02 pm »
Joe Ruby and Ken Spears
Animation writers responsible for many Saturday morning cartoons die at 87 and 82, respectively

Ruby and Spears are inextricably linked to each other in terms of their contributions to American television. At Hanna-Barbera, they are credited with being the creative forces behind the still-running mystery cartoon Scooby-Doo in the late 1960s, which set off a wave of similar cartoons that Ruby and Spears also wrote. In the late 1970s, they briefly split off into their own venture, Ruby-Spears Productions, which most famously updated Alvin and the Chipmunks for the 1980s generation. The company eventually merged back into their former employers, Hanna-Barbera, in the 1980s; today the catalog is owned by Warner Bros.

Ruby died August 26 (his death was publicized back then but I apparently missed it). Spears died November 6 of Lewy body dementia.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby-Spears
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1410 on: November 12, 2020, 11:31:37 pm »
Geoffrey Palmer
British actor dies at 93

Palmer was primarily active in his native United Kingdom, but his work got occasional exposure in the United States, beginning in the 1960s when guest appearances on The Saint, The Avengers and Doctor Who were syndicated here. His longest-running role on television was that of late middle aged curmudgeon Lionel Hardcastle on the sitcom As Time Goes By, which ran 13 years and is widely seen on PBS in the USA; he co-starred alongside Dame Judi Dench in that series (a pairing they would reprise in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies). He was known for his distinctive "grumpy" look.

Palmer died 5 November.

Obituary from the BBC

Wikipedia

IMDB

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1411 on: November 12, 2020, 11:39:29 pm »
I'm gonna miss Lionel Hardcastle and his time in Kenya... :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1412 on: November 19, 2020, 12:25:34 am »
Bender passed.  For a Cowboys fan, he was OK.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3907385/posts
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #1413 on: November 19, 2020, 12:36:44 am »

**nononono* :dammit: Aw geez, he was a good dude.  Condolences and sympathies to his family, friends and loved ones.  RIP Bender.   
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1414 on: November 19, 2020, 12:45:11 am »

Bender also posted here.  I will miss him too!
I will NOT comply.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1415 on: November 19, 2020, 12:54:47 am »
Bender also posted here.  I will miss him too!
He was the resident football guy before he left and I more or less took over those responsibilities (though not nearly as thoroughly as he did). I seem to recall him having health issues for a while now. May he RIP

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1416 on: November 19, 2020, 12:55:09 am »
I'm gonna miss Lionel Hardcastle and his time in Kenya... :crying:

Oh no! Lionel Hardcastle! How sad. That was a nice show. Dame Judy must be very sad.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1417 on: November 19, 2020, 12:57:01 am »

No. Bender was great. Benders are always great. RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1418 on: November 19, 2020, 01:00:30 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1419 on: November 19, 2020, 01:17:16 am »
Oh no! Lionel Hardcastle! How sad. That was a nice show. Dame Judy must be very sad.

I can't say I care what Dame Dench thinks.  I've detested her in every part I ever saw her play.  I guess she probably got along with Geoffrey Palmer, though.  Maybe it was the parts she did.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1421 on: November 19, 2020, 01:35:09 am »
RIP @Bender2 Prayers up for family and friends.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1422 on: November 19, 2020, 02:49:03 am »
So sorry tho hear the news about Bender...RIP
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1423 on: November 19, 2020, 02:51:33 am »
I loved *As Time Goes By*..watched it every night on PBS  years ago...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1424 on: November 19, 2020, 02:55:53 am »
I loved *As Time Goes By*..watched it every night on PBS  years ago...

Lionel Hardcastle was the only character I liked in that show...and we watched almost all the episodes.
I will NOT comply.