Author Topic: Here are the 5 biggest Republican mistakes of the decade  (Read 446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here are the 5 biggest Republican mistakes of the decade
« on: January 01, 2020, 03:18:05 pm »
Published Tue, Dec 31 2019 9:56 AM EST
Jake Novak
@jakejakeny

Thanks to five major blunders over the last decade, including nominating Mitt Romney, the Republican Party is actually weaker than it was 10 years ago, Jake Novak writes.
For Republicans, the 2010s end with the party seemingly in a better situation than it was when the decade started. The GOP has control of the White House and the Senate. Ten years ago, the Democrats held the White House and both houses of Congress.

But that scorecard doesn't tell the whole story. Thanks to five major blunders over the last decade, the Republican Party is actually weaker than it was on Jan.1, 2010. To understand why, you have to document each key mistake in order:

more
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/31/here-are-the-5-biggest-republican-mistakes-of-the-decade.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Here are the 5 biggest Republican mistakes of the decade
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 01:41:58 am »
2010: Blowing the midterm elections
2012: Nominating Mitt Romney for president
2013: Failing to recognize the crisis at the border
2014: Surrendering before the battle
2017: The Obamacare "repeal & replace" failure

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 01:43:05 am »
Romney
McCain
Flake
Ryan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:58:37 am by dfwgator »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 01:50:36 am »
Disguising themselves as Republicans.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 01:57:07 am »
Romney
McCain
Flake

While I agree with you about McCain -- he was nominated in 2008.  I can't think of anyone more detrimental to the Republican Party than him.  What the GOP failed to recognize was the rejection of McCain by conservative voters and consequently the GOP nominated another failure in Romney who gave us another four years of Obama.

In addition to nominating Romney, I believe one of the biggest mistakes the GOP made was continuing to placing the leadership of the Senate in McConnell's hands and no doubt handing the leadership of the House to Boehner and then  Ryan was equally disastrous to the GOP.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:58:38 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 01:58:55 am »
While I agree with you about McCain -- he was nominated in 2008.  I can't think of anyone more detrimental to the Republican Party than him.  What the GOP failed to recognize was the rejection of McCain by conservative voters and consequently the GOP nominated another failure in Romney who gave us another four years of Obama.

In addition to nominating Romney, I believe one of the biggest mistakes the GOP made was continuing to placing the leadership of the Senate in McConnell's hands and no doubt handing the leadership of the House to Boehner and then  Ryan was equally disastrous to the GOP.

How could I forget Paul Ryan, just added him.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 05:59:12 am »
While these may be the biggest mistakes, it could be said they were the best the Republicans had.  I have always despised McCain, and I could not believe he won in 2008, but who else was there?  Rick Santorum, Mr I Came in Second was like a light year behind in second.  I came from his district in Pennsylvania, and he was as big a phony as ever existed.

Santorum beat Doug Walgren with an ad he ran the two weeks before the election, where he exposed Walgren for living in northern Virginia with his family, and not really living in the Pennsylvania district.  Well, when he ran for his 3rd term as senator, it was revealed that he too was living in northern Virginia and not in Pennsylvania.  He lost to Casey, one of the laziest members ever in the Senate.

Flake was inconsequential, he just never knew it.

Romney, well he is in the same position as his dog once was going down the highway of life.  He is on the outside, he doesn't like it, and there is nothing he can do about it.  If Trump wanted to label him, I would vote Nuisance Man.  Fits him perfectly.

2013 failure to recognize the crisis at the border...really?  The invasion of illegal invading aliens has been going on for decades.  Both parties have ignored it because it served both party's desires.

The Republican Party has not had a leader since Reagan.  With the emergence of Trump, it was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow his getting elected.  No one thought he could do it, perhaps not even him.  Slowly, the Republicans are realizing he is better than anything they have had for decades.  He is obnoxious, yes, but he does get things done.  Republicans are just not accustomed to doing that.

At the top of my list is eight years while Obama was POTUS, the Republicans did token efforts to address the criminal and negligent activities of those in the Obama Administration.  And now that it is revealed the extent of the coup against Trump, the 2nd greatest mistake of the Republicans is doing nothing about that criminal activity.  If anyone thinks anything of consequence will emerge from the investigations going on with Durham, don't hold your breath!!!

There is no doubt in my mind with what I have heard to date that sedition and treason were committed from Obama on down in regard to this coup.  The penalties should be the most severe we have for any crime, but nothing will be done, or some grunt will have his hand slapped, and that will be the end of it.  Our nation will be subject to a similar coup again, and I suspect soon.  I fear we are losing our republic, losing our sovereignty to the globalists, to the politically correct, and to a generation that should be called the Entitled Generation rather than Gen E.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 09:43:24 pm »
Published Tue, Dec 31 2019 9:56 AM EST
Jake Novak
@jakejakeny

Thanks to five major blunders over the last decade, including nominating Mitt Romney, the Republican Party is actually weaker than it was 10 years ago, Jake Novak writes.
For Republicans, the 2010s end with the party seemingly in a better situation than it was when the decade started. The GOP has control of the White House and the Senate. Ten years ago, the Democrats held the White House and both houses of Congress.

But that scorecard doesn't tell the whole story. Thanks to five major blunders over the last decade, the Republican Party is actually weaker than it was on Jan.1, 2010. To understand why, you have to document each key mistake in order:

more
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/31/here-are-the-5-biggest-republican-mistakes-of-the-decade.html

This is for N.T.'S.  THANKS FOR THE BELOW. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 09:44:56 pm »
Disguising themselves as Republicans.

Yes, that is the ISSUE.  RINO'S. Not republicans.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 09:52:56 pm »

Yes, that is the ISSUE.  RINO'S. Not republicans.

I think we have a uniparty. I would really like to see term limits enacted. I am sick of the stupid games at our expense.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 09:59:34 pm »
I think we have a uniparty. I would really like to see term limits enacted. I am sick of the stupid games at our expense.

It may be too late.  All Lefts & N.T.'s want the UN plan.  Concentration camps....disarmament by UN.  ALREADY BEING DONE IN VIRGINIA.  UN TROOPS, ARE IN AMERICA. Mostly, I get mocking, & name calling on here for supporting my president.  President TRUMP is fighting for America. All the virtue signalers, think he isn't PURE enough for them. How will they like those concentration camps!   Americans, NOT for America. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 10:13:18 pm »

It may be too late.  All Lefts & N.T.'s want the UN plan.  Concentration camps....disarmament by UN.  ALREADY BEING DONE IN VIRGINIA.  UN TROOPS, ARE IN AMERICA. Mostly, I get mocking, & name calling on here for supporting my president.  President TRUMP is fighting for America. All the virtue signalers, think he isn't PURE enough for them. How will they like those concentration camps!   Americans, NOT for America. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

One thing I hope you realize is that whether people posting here are or aren't fully behind the President, the majority, if not all, are concerned about the fate of this Republic. Or they wouldn't be here. And many aren't going to sit idly by and let her fall.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 11:43:37 pm »

You get mocked because you are full of lies. Get that through your thick skull. Concentration camps... good grief!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 11:49:48 pm »
You get mocked because you are full of lies. Get that through your thick skull. Concentration camps... good grief!

To get something through "your" thick skull do you need training at a think tank or a concentration camp?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 12:04:42 am »
Romney
McCain
Flake
Ryan

@dfwgator

6: EVERYBODY named Bush.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 12:09:34 am »

@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,causen we all know the left would never do anything like that,right?

Other than in EVERYWHERE they took control,that is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 01:17:32 am »

Yep, I sometimes think I have wandered into "Q" postings...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....