Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020  (Read 64886 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020
« Reply #625 on: September 01, 2020, 11:11:39 pm »
       ***NSFCL***  (Not Safe For Church Ladies')

If only these azzholes would Learn HOW to get Arrested.   :beer:

https://img-comment-fun.9cache.com/media/aWQR8Nn/aR746Zd1_700wv_0.mp4

She seems nice.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #626 on: September 02, 2020, 12:09:38 am »
   The New GEFORCE GFX 900420Xi has just been released.  It promises 1000 FPS.

I'm almost certain @roamer_1 already has one of these.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #627 on: September 02, 2020, 12:20:21 am »
   The New GEFORCE GFX 900420Xi has just been released.  It promises 1000 FPS.

I'm almost certain @roamer_1 already has one of these.

@corbe

LOL! Yeah... My main whip is beer cooled... I need one of them Keggerators like @Cyber Liberty ' got... You'd think that keg was in Texas or something...  :beer:

I could power it with Tecate I guess... That sh*t tastes alright warm...  But Lone Star don't... What's up with that? :shrug:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #628 on: September 02, 2020, 04:06:32 am »
literally minutes. Dunno crap about oceans, but I DO know what it is to fall through the ice, have to drop your pack and nearly everything else to crawl out, And quite literally, in the time it takes to eject the pack and get out of the coat, you will quite literally have no strength left to haul yourself out.

And I am used to it.
Just remember fresh water (standing) freezes before salt water. the salt lowers the freezing point.  Never went through the ice, not in deep water. Salt ice is mushy, so I learned to distrust the ice at an early age. Took a lot to get me to go ice fishing the first time...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #629 on: September 02, 2020, 05:19:39 am »
Just remember fresh water (standing) freezes before salt water. the salt lowers the freezing point.  Never went through the ice, not in deep water. Salt ice is mushy, so I learned to distrust the ice at an early age. Took a lot to get me to go ice fishing the first time...

That's a point I wouldn't know inherently.... But it only makes it worse...

As to the falling through... It comes pretty natural to be on the ice around here. It's a flat place that takes the easy way... A lot of times, the only place to go at all is on the ice, and some places the only time you can haul stuff in easy is on the ice.

And it's touchy business... Rivers and creeks, with swift water underneath... While it has to be slow enough for ice to form, the water underneath is still flowing enough that if you fall through you are not under the hole for very long. And you will play hell getting back to it too.

Normally you have a staff in your hand - similar to a shovel in a deep backhoe trench... You know you have a half second to get that shovel sideways across the top of that trench if it starts to cave in on you... Same thing. If your feet leave, the staff goes sideways in front of you and hopefully you catch it across your belly  and only fall half way in... Hopefully you are pulling a polk and don't have a pack on... which is normal if you have a polk, even if you do have a pack, you put it on the polk on the crossings... And probably the most of your coats too..

I have likely gone through the ice a good dozen times... Mostly trapping beaver, but hunting too... Only a few of those were really bad and one damn near killed me. The real bad part is living through it. Once I fell in (not through the ice) in swift water, had to lose my pack and coat and snowshoes... Damn near killed me... And there I am, sitting on the bank, well below freezing, sopping wet, in shirt sleeves, with nothing but a folding pocket knife.

That was some learning, right there. That was way worse than every time (but one) when I fell through the ice. By the time I drug my sorry butt out of those woods and out to help I wished I had just died.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #630 on: September 02, 2020, 06:07:42 am »
My boss...my F'n boss...kept bugging me over and over.
What have you been working on the last six months!?
So I sent him a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #631 on: September 02, 2020, 07:21:01 am »
That's a point I wouldn't know inherently.... But it only makes it worse...

As to the falling through... It comes pretty natural to be on the ice around here. It's a flat place that takes the easy way... A lot of times, the only place to go at all is on the ice, and some places the only time you can haul stuff in easy is on the ice.

And it's touchy business... Rivers and creeks, with swift water underneath... While it has to be slow enough for ice to form, the water underneath is still flowing enough that if you fall through you are not under the hole for very long. And you will play hell getting back to it too.

Normally you have a staff in your hand - similar to a shovel in a deep backhoe trench... You know you have a half second to get that shovel sideways across the top of that trench if it starts to cave in on you... Same thing. If your feet leave, the staff goes sideways in front of you and hopefully you catch it across your belly  and only fall half way in... Hopefully you are pulling a polk and don't have a pack on... which is normal if you have a polk, even if you do have a pack, you put it on the polk on the crossings... And probably the most of your coats too..

I have likely gone through the ice a good dozen times... Mostly trapping beaver, but hunting too... Only a few of those were really bad and one damn near killed me. The real bad part is living through it. Once I fell in (not through the ice) in swift water, had to lose my pack and coat and snowshoes... Damn near killed me... And there I am, sitting on the bank, well below freezing, sopping wet, in shirt sleeves, with nothing but a folding pocket knife.

That was some learning, right there. That was way worse than every time (but one) when I fell through the ice. By the time I drug my sorry butt out of those woods and out to help I wished I had just died.

We carried our shotguns (what we hunted deer with where I grew up, using rifled slugs) at port arms for much the same reason crossing the tidal marshes. Sometimes what looked like good ground wasn't, as I found out one day. I stepped into one of those bottomless holes covered over with marsh grass, and the buttstock on one side and the end of the barrel on the other saved me from disappearing. I never felt bottom and went in up to my armpits, but pulled my smelly, soggy, self out using the shotgun as a bar across the hole. I was pretty miserable by the time I got back to the house, and was told all the way back about the 5 point whitetail that jumped right over the blind I was supposed to be in while I was up shivering by the Jeep.  :shrug:

I have to admit, I haven't crossed a lot of shallow fresh water on ice. Still, the big water has it's hazards, too. A friend went ice fishing on a big reservoir in Wyoming, drilled the hole through a couple feet of ice, dropped his line in, and it didn't feel right. So he took a flashlight and looked down the hole. The water was at least 30 feet below the ice....(they'd been letting water out).  Needless to say, he got off the ice as fast as he could. I have heard tell of people getting out there on the Lake (Sakakawea) and losing a vehicle or losing ice houses they didn't collect in time, but haven't been mixed up in any of that, either.

On brackish water ice, our rule was simple: If the tide hasn't grounded it on bottom, stay off it. A boot full of ice water was one of the least fun things we could do as kids, partly because we'd have to explain how we got that water in the boot....and likely get out hides tanned for being out there.

But the ice tends to be thinnest where the current is strongest, and this fellow at Tulane has written up a decent explanation of things you have likely already observed the hard way. But I'm posting this link to the lesson that shows how to pick the most likely places for thicker and thinner ice, as well as what makes the bottom the way it is. It's more complex in any steeper gradient stream, especially with rocks, but the basics are here for anyone who wants to see them. https://www.tulane.edu/~sanelson/eens1110/streams.htm It seems the faster water is also the deepest, or nearly so, as a rule, so that's two reasons to avoid it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #632 on: September 02, 2020, 07:23:46 am »
So I sent him a video.

That's just Beeeeyootiful!  :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #633 on: September 02, 2020, 10:16:56 am »
For some reason the above videos or photos aren’t viewing on my iPad. I’m sorry I can’t see the humor, it looks very funny.

I do like a good work joke. Not like a Michael Scott joke, but more like Milton’s red stapler.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #634 on: September 02, 2020, 10:54:02 am »
So I sent him a video.

@240B

I bet that cured him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #635 on: September 02, 2020, 05:58:41 pm »
So I sent him a video.

@240B

That was awesome!  If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance . . .

(btw, does that run off a single AB chassis?)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #636 on: September 02, 2020, 06:10:41 pm »
No. Not this model.
This one has a positronic Type-L phase discriminating amplifier which synchronizes the annular component diodes to the correct confinement trajectory.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #637 on: September 02, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »
No. Not this model.
This one has a positronic Type-L phase discriminating amplifier which synchronizes the annular component diodes to the correct confinement trajectory.

@240B

I was wondering. Thanks for clearing that up!

I think.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 06:49:39 pm by sneakypete »

Online corbe

« Reply #638 on: September 02, 2020, 09:53:47 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #639 on: September 03, 2020, 12:45:06 am »

This one will never END. The Democrats are drunk with power, even while they destroy the country. They don't care about people. They only care about themselves and their own money and power. Anything that advances money and fascist State Power is necessarily 'good'. Ergo, COVID is good.

We will be forced to wear a stupid useless mask and to distance and to 'shelter in place' for at least the next 50 years. Or until the population revolts and votes every Democrat everywhere out of office.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #640 on: September 03, 2020, 11:11:29 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #641 on: September 04, 2020, 02:50:49 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #642 on: September 04, 2020, 03:51:10 pm »

Start printing money! Lease decks 347 through 465 to industry and pick a couple decks for luxury condos, might even be able to make money on it!  :silly:

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #643 on: September 04, 2020, 11:26:16 pm »

That number doesn't surprise me. All the bells and whistles but really shitty gas mileage.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online corbe

« Reply #644 on: September 05, 2020, 01:14:17 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #645 on: September 05, 2020, 03:53:52 am »
   Though both Airbags were deployed the Lakers just couldn't get their $hit together.  Fortunately it's just Game 1 and no one was hurt.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #646 on: September 05, 2020, 06:24:47 am »
   Though both Airbags were deployed the Lakers just couldn't get their $hit together.  Fortunately it's just Game 1 and no one was hurt.

@corbe

I don't know who she is,but if she played her cards right,she could be my friend.

Online corbe

« Reply #647 on: September 06, 2020, 12:59:04 am »
   I finally finished my new Intel I7 build.

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/awBOzAy_460svvp9.webm

There's still  a few bugs i gotta work out.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #648 on: September 06, 2020, 02:35:28 am »

NOW I KNOW!

WHY was there a Frank ZAPPA and the Mothers of Invention.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #649 on: September 06, 2020, 04:13:36 am »

:silly: