Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020  (Read 64886 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2020, 08:23:52 am »
   Back when I drank wine I always drank it straight from the bottle.

Rule 1:  Immediately throw away the screw-off top as soon as it is first removed from the bottle.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

« Reply #526 on: July 25, 2020, 03:41:37 pm »
HAHAHAHA! I actually have a set of those, except they have blue stems and handles. But I personally have never drank from them...  :shrug:

I ALWAYS drink from a mason jar or a snapple peach tea quart (refilled for water). Even my dinner glasses are tall 2 pint jars.  There literally ain't a glass in this entire house. Oops! I take that back - I DO have some crappy plastic glasses for the grands when they come over, but I never use em.
I have a set of mason jars as well for drinking sweet tea.  There is nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a glass of sweet tea.  When the high was 94 the other day I danged near started looking for my coat, after the 109 the week before.  Funny how you become acclimated to the heat.  Too bad my garden didn't take to well to the heat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #527 on: July 25, 2020, 05:00:00 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #528 on: July 25, 2020, 05:12:17 pm »

Doesn't he usually get at least three misdiagnoses before saving the day in the nick of time? :laugh:

(And he uses the cane funny...lol!)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #529 on: July 25, 2020, 05:20:50 pm »
Doesn't he usually get at least three misdiagnoses before saving the day in the nick of time? :laugh:

LMAO...    Wonder how he paid his malpractice insurance.  Should have had an episode alone on that one.

i.e sucks to be patients no. 1, 2, and 3.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #530 on: July 25, 2020, 05:25:54 pm »
LMAO...    Wonder how he paid his malpractice insurance.  Should have had an episode alone on that one.

i.e sucks to be patients no. 1, 2, and 3.

Fortunately, they were usually all the same patient, who survives.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #531 on: July 25, 2020, 08:07:32 pm »
I have a set of mason jars as well for drinking sweet tea.  There is nothing more refreshing on a hot day than a glass of sweet tea.  When the high was 94 the other day I danged near started looking for my coat, after the 109 the week before.  Funny how you become acclimated to the heat.  Too bad my garden didn't take to well to the heat.

Just about every woman I ever had tried to break me of that mason jar thing. Never ever gonna happen. Dinner glasses just don't hold enough. Of anything... Except maybe kombucha, in which case they hold too much by far, but then I am speaking mainly to potable things.  :pondering:

YEP Sweet tea, forever from a mason jar.

We have had a brilliant year for the garden... Just a touch too much rain with no flooding, and it has stayed lovely thus far this summer.   Only two days or so over 90, and the gardens are bursting! We only get one harvest up here, and it is about to commence... Brasicas are about ready, Maters will be in the next 2 weeks, corn, not much after that... Gearing up for all the processing, and case goods and flats coming in at the same time... August BURIES me. But, the pantry and the root cellar will be full to bursting, and I can get back to fishing, and the real work: Hunting.  :laugh:
 :beer:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #532 on: July 25, 2020, 09:23:36 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2020, 06:48:51 am »

Yeah, but he has it figured inside an hour..with commercials. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2020, 03:33:18 pm »
   Back when I drank wine I always drank it straight from the bottle.

@corbe

Back when I was still drinking,I was drinking whiskey straight from the milk jug.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2020, 09:21:23 pm »
not to mention....

And then there was

And does anyone remember this fad from the seventies?

Online corbe

« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2020, 09:41:18 pm »
   Sorry to hear about your Friend @GtHawk
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2020, 09:45:06 pm »

Rocky appears to have been a Really Good Dawg, @GtHawk!  I'll bet you have some wonderful memories there!
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2020, 09:47:35 pm »
   Sorry to hear about your Friend @GtHawk
Thank you, I'm having a tough time right now.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2020, 09:49:37 pm »

Rocky appears to have been a Really Good Dawg, @GtHawk!  I'll bet you have some wonderful memories there!
He was the best dog I have ever had, I used to call him my butt pimple because he was always there right behind or beside me.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #540 on: July 26, 2020, 09:51:19 pm »

Our condolences.  Our old English Bully Girl is about 13, slowing down, and I know I'll be going through the same in the not too distant.   :crying:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #541 on: July 26, 2020, 10:10:36 pm »

It's like losing a member of your family. God Bless!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #542 on: July 26, 2020, 10:22:11 pm »

:rolling:  Oh .... so there is a positive side to wearing a mask ... chocolate!!  I have no doubt that kids have already figured this one out (cookies, candy, brownies, chewing gum,) ...only allowed 1 cookie ... no problem ... take 1 ... put your mask on and have another...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #543 on: July 26, 2020, 10:47:52 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #544 on: July 26, 2020, 10:53:40 pm »
Just about every woman I ever had tried to break me of that mason jar thing. Never ever gonna happen. Dinner glasses just don't hold enough. Of anything... Except maybe kombucha, in which case they hold too much by far, but then I am speaking mainly to potable things.  :pondering:

YEP Sweet tea, forever from a mason jar.

We have had a brilliant year for the garden... Just a touch too much rain with no flooding, and it has stayed lovely thus far this summer.   Only two days or so over 90, and the gardens are bursting! We only get one harvest up here, and it is about to commence... Brasicas are about ready, Maters will be in the next 2 weeks, corn, not much after that... Gearing up for all the processing, and case goods and flats coming in at the same time... August BURIES me. But, the pantry and the root cellar will be full to bursting, and I can get back to fishing, and the real work: Hunting.  :laugh:
 :beer:

Wonderful!! happy77   :beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #545 on: July 26, 2020, 10:55:46 pm »
@GtHawk--so sorry for the loss of your furry friends....yes some days truly suck!  Hugs.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #546 on: July 26, 2020, 11:49:13 pm »
@GtHawk--so sorry for the loss of your furry friends....yes some days truly suck!  Hugs.
Thanks, he was in a lot of pain but at peace now.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #547 on: July 27, 2020, 06:32:22 am »
@GtHawk

I remember Sangria, and the candles (with extra credit for using Chianti bottles).
(And White buffalo parties, and "Purple Jesus" parties....and way too much Mad Dog 20-20)
Sometimes, I think it is a miracle we survived.

Sorry about Rocky. It's hard to lose such a devoted friend.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #548 on: July 27, 2020, 01:47:56 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2020, 02:38:13 pm »
Thanks, he was in a lot of pain but at peace now.
I too am sorry about your friend. 

I lost my Jack Russell Terrier (or is it terror) a few years ago.  I never thought I'd be that close to an animal.  She was absolutely incredible and loyal to a fault.

6 months later I got another Jack Russell and was very hesitant to get close to her, since I had just lost my last dog.  Here I am a year or more later with the most loving dog I have ever had.  Best decision I've ever made.

They aren't just animals....they become family.....