Author Topic: Chief Justice John Roberts says Americans may 'take democracy for granted'  (Read 1577 times)

Offline corbe

Chief Justice John Roberts says Americans may 'take democracy for granted'

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter

54 mins ago

As the country faces unprecedented rancor between the branches of government in the midst of impeachment proceedings, Chief Justice John Roberts urged his fellow federal judges Tuesday to promote confidence in the judiciary and maintain the public's trust.

Americans, Roberts said, have in the modern era come to "take democracy for granted," and the chief justice lamented the fact that civic education has "fallen by the wayside."

"In our age, when social media can instantly spread rumor and false information on a grand scale, the public's need to understand our government, and the protections it provides, is ever more vital," Roberts wrote in his annual report on the state of the judiciary, issued each New Year's Eve.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chief-justice-john-roberts-says-americans-may-take-democracy-for-granted/ar-BBYvnL1?ocid=ientp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How about Oversight, of YOUR FISA Court, ? while crooked Obama operatores weere feeding the court lies, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Absalom

Chief Justice John Roberts says Americans may 'take democracy for granted'
By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter 54 mins ago

As the country faces unprecedented rancor between the branches of government in the midst of impeachment proceedings, Chief Justice John Roberts urged his fellow federal judges Tuesday to promote confidence in the judiciary and maintain the public's trust.
Americans, Roberts said, have in the modern era come to "take democracy for granted," and the chief justice lamented the fact that civic education has "fallen by the wayside."
"In our age, when social media can instantly spread rumor and false information on a grand scale, the public's need to understand our government, and the protections it provides, is ever more vital," Roberts wrote in his annual report on the state of the judiciary, issued each New Year's Eve.
<..snip..>
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chief-justice-john-roberts-says-americans-may-take-democracy-granted/ar-BBYvnL1?ocid=ientp
------------------------
What is of consequence is the condition of culture/society.
The state of the judiciary is of concern to their ax-grinders.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Roberts single handledly  gave this country Obamacare.  For that he can never be forgiven.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Roberts single handledly  gave this country Obamacare.  For that he can never be forgiven.

@catfish1957

What did anyone expect from closeted homosexual Boy Jorge's closeted homosexual college roomie? I was "screaming" as loud as I could on the web political boards about Roberts being a threat to freedom because he was being blackmailed,but all the men wanted to talk about was how Boy Jorge is a "conservative" because he is a Republican, and the biddies wanted to talk about was hot hot he looked in his tight jeans while pretending to cut brush with a chainsaw on weekends at "Camp Photo Op".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

What did anyone expect from closeted homosexual Boy Jorge's closeted homosexual college roomie? I was "screaming" as loud as I could on the web political boards about Roberts being a threat to freedom because he was being blackmailed,but all the men wanted to talk about was how Boy Jorge is a "conservative" because he is a Republican, and the biddies wanted to talk about was hot hot he looked in his tight jeans while pretending to cut brush with a chainsaw on weekends at "Camp Photo Op".

@sneakypete

So did I.  There were whispers and grumblings on the political boards even during his initial SCOTUS nomination of an alleged "double life"

His leaning left on every close vote is proving his level of being blackmailed.  He needs to "out" himself, or leave....  He's compromised. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

And he is going to lecture us on how we take things for granted.... SCOTUS term limits..

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The very FIRST thing John Roberts needs to learn is that the United States of America is not, never has been, and I pray God, never will be a stinking DEMOCRACY!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

So did I.  There were whispers and grumblings on the political boards even during his initial SCOTUS nomination of an alleged "double life"

His leaning left on every close vote is proving his level of being blackmailed.  He needs to "out" himself, or leave....  He's compromised.

@catfish1957

Outing himself at this point would be pointless.  He IS the Chief Justice,and he is not going to be removed because Congress would never go along with it.

The one thing he can NEVER admit to is having been blackmailed because that very admission would be all the proof needed he threw cases,and he would pretty much automatically be removed from office and would lose his law license to boot.

All of this is WHY I have been saying for years that homosexuals shouldn't be barred from holding public office. Under the present and past position of secrecy,once one gets into public office,he or she is instantly blackmailed. The truth is that other than their sexual orientation,homosexuals are no different than anyone else. Some are conservative and some are liberal in their political POV's,and some don't really care one way or the other.  As it stands now,any homosexual that leans right and seeks a political office is pretty much forced by circumstances to run to the left. Or more likely,to not run at all. This creates a situation where the stereotype becomes the truth due to the circumstances.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The very FIRST thing John Roberts needs to learn is that the United States of America is not, never has been, and I pray God, never will be a stinking DEMOCRACY!

@Bigun

He ain't by himself on that one,either.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Chief Justice John Roberts says Americans may 'take democracy for granted'
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 04:26:15 pm »
@catfish1957

Outing himself at this point would be pointless.  He IS the Chief Justice,and he is not going to be removed because Congress would never go along with it.

The one thing he can NEVER admit to is having been blackmailed because that very admission would be all the proof needed he threw cases,and he would pretty much automatically be removed from office and would lose his law license to boot.

All of this is WHY I have been saying for years that homosexuals shouldn't be barred from holding public office. Under the present and past position of secrecy,once one gets into public office,he or she is instantly blackmailed. The truth is that other than their sexual orientation,homosexuals are no different than anyone else. Some are conservative and some are liberal in their political POV's,and some don't really care one way or the other.  As it stands now,any homosexual that leans right and seeks a political office is pretty much forced by circumstances to run to the left. Or more likely,to not run at all. This creates a situation where the stereotype becomes the truth due to the circumstances.

Homosexuals are not tolerant of Homosexuals who go against Leftist Orthodoxy.    Conservatives are much more tolerant of homosexuals, than the Left is, if said homosexual is a Conservative.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 04:39:10 pm »
Homosexuals are not tolerant of Homosexuals who go against Leftist Orthodoxy.    Conservatives are much more tolerant of homosexuals, than the Left is, if said homosexual is a Conservative.

@dfwgator

Well,there seems to be far too many people who call themselves "conservative" who are VERY concerned about the sex lives of other people,but on the flip side,there is no one LESS tolerant of differing political viewpoints than the creatures who even lie about their political leanings by calling themselves "liberals". Thomas Jefferson considered himself to be a liberal,and I have a hard time believing any of today's creatures that call themselves "liberals" would agree with Jefferson on most issues. They are NOT liberal in ANY sense of the word,and are,IN FACT, leftists who support the creation of a leftist police state.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 04:55:27 pm »
@dfwgator

Well,there seems to be far too many people who call themselves "conservative" who are VERY concerned about the sex lives of other people,but on the flip side,there is no one LESS tolerant of differing political viewpoints than the creatures who even lie about their political leanings by calling themselves "liberals". Thomas Jefferson considered himself to be a liberal,and I have a hard time believing any of today's creatures that call themselves "liberals" would agree with Jefferson on most issues. They are NOT liberal in ANY sense of the word,and are,IN FACT, leftists who support the creation of a leftist police state.

We all know the Communists hijacked the term "liberal",   to them it just means "anti-conservative", but it has nothing to do with Classic Liberalism.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 05:01:02 pm »
"Democracy?"  The Founders rejected that for a Representative Republic.  And he claims others lack knowledge of civics.... **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 05:22:30 pm »

:amen:  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 07:59:12 pm »
@Bigun

He ain't by himself on that one,either.

Absolutely he is not @sneakypete.

"Communism needs democracy like the human body needs oxygen."

Leon Trotsky
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:00:36 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 08:09:44 pm »
EXACTLY!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2020, 08:11:00 pm »
@dfwgator

I am against totalitarians, no matter what they call themselves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2020, 08:48:25 pm »

Homosexuals are not tolerant of Homosexuals who go against Leftist Orthodoxy.

I know,but any homosexual that is a conservative is already being shunned and demeaned by the leftists as a traitor anyhow,so it's not like they would have anything to lose.

Conservatives are much more tolerant of homosexuals, than the Left is, if said homosexual is a Conservative.

Maybe in a general sense,but I am not so sure even half the conservatives could bring themselves to vote for an "out" homosexual,even if he were the re-incarnation of Thomas Jefferson. LOTS of people who vote conservative are also people who consider themselves Christians and that homosexuals are "going against God because God doesn't approve of homosexuality",and there is no way any of these people are ever going to be convinced to vote for a homosexual candidate,regardless of how politically conservative he or she may be. BTW,I honestly hope I am wrong about this.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2020, 08:50:42 pm »
Absolutely he is not @sneakypete.

"Communism needs democracy like the human body needs oxygen."

Leon Trotsky

@Bigun

I didn't know Trotsky was a comedy writer! I always thought he specialized in tragedy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2020, 08:52:10 pm »
I am against totalitarians, no matter what they call themselves.

@Smokin Joe

Every thinking person should share that same feeling.