Author Topic: Poland considers troops to cull boars  (Read 536 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Poland considers troops to cull boars
« on: December 30, 2019, 11:45:22 am »
Poland considers troops to cull boars

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poland's agriculture minister this past month proposed army and police personnel should be allowed to shoot wild boars on a large scale in areas affected by African swine fever. The proposal was suggested to help fight the disease found in the west of the country after it seemed contained in the east.

The minister, Jan Krzysztof Ardanowski, said proposed new legislation would also punish anyone obstructing the preventive killing of the animals in marked areas, such as environmentalists. He said without action to reduce the dense population of wild boars, the disease will keep spreading.

Read more at: https://www.albanyherald.com/outdoors/poland-considers-troops-to-cull-boars/article_3d421fee-a79b-56f3-bc64-e01c6197da52.html

Offline Idiot

Re: Poland considers troops to cull boars
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 03:23:28 pm »

Sounds like something we need here in Texas.  Dang hogs are everywhere....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 03:28:00 pm »
I was going to post a joke about Polish ham, but:

... in areas affected by African swine fever. The proposal was suggested to help fight the disease found in the west of the country after it seemed contained in the east.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 03:28:58 pm »
Sounds like something we need here in Texas.  Dang hogs are everywhere....

@sneakypete

Done everything short of.  No restrictions here in TX of eliminating the nuisance.  Can hunt anytime, anywhere, any tactic, no limit, etc.

SneakyPete likes the meat, may be a better food source for the hogs.  To me, all but the youngest piglets are inedible.  Dogs sure enjoy the bounty though.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:30:40 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 03:59:47 pm »
@sneakypete

Done everything short of.  No restrictions here in TX of eliminating the nuisance.  Can hunt anytime, anywhere, any tactic, no limit, etc.

SneakyPete likes the meat, may be a better food source for the hogs.  To me, all but the youngest piglets are inedible.  Dogs sure enjoy the bounty though.
Can't really hunt anywhere without landowners permission.  I certainly wouldn't eat one after seeing what they eat.  They eat ANYTHING from dead animals to whatever...  Plus if you shoot a few, they are smart enough not to come back for a while.

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 04:34:41 pm »
...They eat ANYTHING from dead animals to whatever...

You may not want to see a hog farm...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 04:58:19 pm »
@sneakypete

@catfish1957

There is nothing wrong with the meat. The trick is you have to CATCH them first,and then feed them table scraps and regular hog food for a few weeks before slaughtering them. Give them time to cycle the trash food they have been eating while wild out of their systems,as well as the adrenaline of being wild,hungry,and on the run all the time. If you do this you can't tell the difference in taste between them and hogs that were born and raised on a hog farm.

One word of advise,though. When you build the big "rabbit boxes" you need to catch wild hogs with,use thick lumber,line it on the inside with wire mesh they can't bite through,and USE LONG SCREWS or bolts and nuts with washers,not nails. You do NOT want the box coming apart while you are trying to load a big boar into the back of your truck.

Bait it with a bowl of corn,and quickly back away to safety.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 05:32:49 pm »
Can't really hunt anywhere without landowners permission.  I certainly wouldn't eat one after seeing what they eat.  They eat ANYTHING from dead animals to whatever...  Plus if you shoot a few, they are smart enough not to come back for a while.

To me that's the whole point.  There are many things I'd rather do than deal with these destructive critters.  That is why when I butcher them up for dog food, I smear their entrail residuals all over the periphey of the property in the process.  Nowadays, I only see them maybe twice to three times a year, and only as a transient.  Having loud outside dogs also doesn't hurt as a repellant.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 05:34:55 pm »
@catfish1957

There is nothing wrong with the meat. The trick is you have to CATCH them first,and then feed them table scraps and regular hog food for a few weeks before slaughtering them. Give them time to cycle the trash food they have been eating while wild out of their systems,as well as the adrenaline of being wild,hungry,and on the run all the time. If you do this you can't tell the difference in taste between them and hogs that were born and raised on a hog farm.

One word of advise,though. When you build the big "rabbit boxes" you need to catch wild hogs with,use thick lumber,line it on the inside with wire mesh they can't bite through,and USE LONG SCREWS or bolts and nuts with washers,not nails. You do NOT want the box coming apart while you are trying to load a big boar into the back of your truck.

Bait it with a bowl of corn,and quickly back away to safety.

Sounds good, but seems like a big hassle considering I can buy the equivilant at the grocery store for $2/lb.  I view the harvest pretty much as cheap dog food.  And man do those pups love it.

@sneakypete
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 05:37:39 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 05:40:02 pm »
Sounds good, but seems like a big hassle considering I can buy the equivilant at the grocery store for $2/lb.  I view the harvest pretty much as cheap dog food.  And man do those pups love it.

@catfish1957

I grew up living on the edge of poverty. We needed the money we could sell those hogs for,and since we got the cafeteria scraps from the local elementary school for free,it cost us nothing to feed them.

Plus,as an added no-cost benefit,we  no longer had to worry about cotton mouth moccasins or copperheads in our yard. The hogs would fight each other to see who would end up eating that snake.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!