Author Topic: GOP Senator Ted Cruz Says It's 'Certainly Possible' That 'a Couple' Republicans Will Vote to Remove  (Read 292 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
GOP Senator Ted Cruz Says It's 'Certainly Possible' That 'a Couple' Republicans Will Vote to Remove Trump

Republican Senator Ted Cruz said that some GOP senators may vote to remove Donald Trump from the White House in a pending Senate trial. However, he argued such a decision wouldn't match the facts of the impeachment case against the president.

Cruz, who represents Texas, made the remarks during an interview with Fox News' Sunday Morning Futures. He first asserted that he doesn't personally think any Republican senators will vote against the president, but then admitted that it could happen.

"It is certainly possible," the senator noted. "And there are a couple that could vote that way. But I think anyone voting on the facts, anyone voting on the law, this is a very easy vote," Cruz said. "What they [the Democrats] have alleged is not a high crime or misdemeanor," he continued, referring to the articles of impeachment passed by the House of Representatives as "weak."

A few GOP senators have expressed concern about the president's actions--as well as criticism of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican from Kentucky, and his decision to coordinate the trial with White House counsel. However, Republican lawmakers in Washington have largely remained defensive of the president, with the vote for impeachment passing largely along partisan lines in the House of Representatives, without any GOP members voting in support.

GOP Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska told local KTUU-TV in Anchorage last week that she was "disturbed" by McConnell's plan to coordinate with Trump's lawyers. "For me to prejudge and say there's nothing there or on the other hand, he should be impeached yesterday, that's wrong, in my view, that's wrong," she said.

Republican Senator Mitt Romeny of Utah has also publicly expressed his concern about Trump's actions towards Ukraine, which led to the impeachment inquiry in the House. Senator Susan Collins, a Republican from Maine, has shown a willingness to criticize the president as well, and has in the past parted ways with the administration along with Murkowski........

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-possible-that-couple-republicans-will-vote-remove-trump-1479555
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LegalAmerican

These are NOT REPUBLICANS....all Rino's.   They need to move over to demon-rat's side. Same people, who were the dirty dozen.

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST NATIONAL EMERGENCY AT BORDER.  (NOT TO MENTION ALL THE DEMON-RATS)

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,
Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,

Susan Collins of Maine,

Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,

Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,

Mitt Romney of Utah

Rand Paul of Kentucky,

Jerry Moran of Kansas

and Mike Lee of Utah.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
These are NOT REPUBLICANS....all Rino's.   They need to move over to demon-rat's side. Same people, who were the dirty dozen.

The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST NATIONAL EMERGENCY AT BORDER.  (NOT TO MENTION ALL THE DEMON-RATS)

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,
Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,

People say that you are outspoken but not by anyone that I know of.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nothing new to see here,folks. It's just Teddy buttering his bread on both sides.

Again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!