Author Topic: Rep. John Lewis diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer  (Read 551 times)

Offline mountaineer

Rep. John Lewis diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer
« on: December 29, 2019, 11:38:18 pm »
 By Bradford Betz | Fox News

Georgia Rep. John Lewis, a longtime congressman and civil rights leader, announced Sunday he's undergoing treatment for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Lewis, a Democrat who has served in Congress for more than 30 years, said doctors discovered the cancer during a routine visit.

"While I am clear-eyed about the prognosis, doctors have told me that recent medical advances have made this type of cancer treatable in many cases, that treatment options are no longer as debilitating as they once were, and that I have a fighting chance," Lewis said in a statement. ... FOX

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 01:05:19 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Rep. John Lewis diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 11:42:53 pm »

Georgia Rep. John Lewis, a longtime congressman and civil rights leader, announced Sunday he's undergoing treatment for stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

Lewis, a Democrat who has served in Congress for more than 30 years, said doctors discovered the cancer during a routine visit.

"While I am clear-eyed about the prognosis, doctors have told me that recent medical advances have made this type of cancer treatable in many cases, that treatment options are no longer as debilitating as they once were, and that I have a fighting chance," Lewis said in a statement. ... FOX

May he get the same doctor as Notorious RBG to treat his stage four pancreatic cancer.  It is good to be sick if you are in the federal Gov.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:44:52 pm »

Prayers for the Congressman.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 11:50:12 pm »
That's something I would not wish on just about anyone. For someone like Kim III I'd make an exception.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 11:52:45 pm »
My grandfather died of this when he was 56...I was just a baby at the time.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 11:55:49 pm »
Billy  @Billy87147467

No offense intended to Rep Lewis, but I'll bet Stacey Abrams is thinking,,"hmmm,,,a soon-to-be vacated seat".
6:38 PM · Dec 29, 2019
There's probably something to this.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 12:01:39 am »
I never heard of him but I would never wish cancer on anyone. I hope he can beat it. Cancer is miserable. No one deserves stage four cancer. No one.

Prayers for him and his family
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:02:38 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 12:06:42 am »
Pancreatic cancer sneaks up on a person, and there usually is very little time left after diagnosis. I certainly hope he doesn't suffer.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 12:12:41 am »

That is THANKS to President TRUMPS new law,  early on,..'THE RIGHT TO TRY'.  Put in about 2017. 2018?
Now it might save, this demon-rats life, who no doubt voted against the president. 
.  30 years?  TIME TO RETIRE

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 12:13:45 am »
Never was a fan of his politics BUT the man has more courage than most.... I remember those marches.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 12:16:27 am »

That is THANKS to President TRUMPS new law,  early on,..'THE RIGHT TO TRY'.  Put in about 2017. 2018?
Now it might save, this demon-rats life, who no doubt voted against the president. 
.  30 years?  TIME TO RETIRE

Might I suggest you please slow your fingers down so your brain can catch up to what you are posting.    We have no Idea what the heck you are talking about
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 12:24:15 am »
Might I suggest you please slow your fingers down so your brain can catch up to what you are posting.    We have no Idea what the heck you are talking about

What are YOU talking about?  President TRUMP has made new medicines available for people who are terminally ill with cancer.  Unless people had money & could travel for help, they were doomed. Now, they can stay here & use 'new' medications, not yet approved.  This way, they have a chance. Some have already been restored to health with new medicines NOT APPROVED BY MEDICAL WORLD.  "The RIGHT TO TRY".  Now, you may apologize for being so snarky & ignorant. Are you female?
WWW.MAGAPILL.COM   Why are you uninformed ?  Response to this below.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 12:26:58 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 12:30:09 am »
John Lewis is like  Al Sharpton. I have zero respect for both.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2019, 12:38:03 am »
I lost the best Dentist I ever had to this.  We were friends, I even bought my house from him. 

Prayers for Congressman Lewis.  I don't like him, but so effing what?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2019, 01:01:51 am »
Not long for this world with that diagnosis.

I trust he prepares accordingly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 01:35:50 am »
Not long for this world with that diagnosis.

I trust he prepares accordingly.

He was born Feb. 1940.  So, time to retire. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 01:40:47 am »
And the problem is he's been in office for 30 years, and he will hang onto till he slips into a coma and dies.

I have zero respect for that, and he gets whatever fate he gets with not alot of sympathy from me.

I'll save that for his family.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 03:55:30 pm »
CBS is swarming with white supremacists, apparently, incapable of telling black folk apart.
CBS News apologizes for mixing up Elijah Cummings and John Lewis on air
By Tamar Lapin
December 30, 2019 | 8:53pm | Updated

CBS News on Monday apologized for confusing one congressman for another during their evening broadcast.

The network showed a photo of late Maryland Rep. Elijah Cummings, who died in October at 68, when referring to Georgia Democrat John Lewis.

The image of the longtime lawmaker was placed next to a quote from the civil rights icon about his recently revealed battle with stage four pancreatic cancer. ...
More at NY Post

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 06:14:00 pm »
Never was a fan of his politics BUT the man has more courage than most.... I remember those marches.

The shame of it is they squandered that great victory by seeking equality of outcome versus equality of opportunity.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home