Author Topic: Majority of voters are in favor of Trump impeachment and removal: poll  (Read 496 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Majority of voters are in favor of Trump impeachment and removal: poll
By Rachel Frazin - 12/21/19 05:27 PM EST

A majority of registered voters support impeaching and removing President Trump after the House voted this week to impeach him, according to a new poll.

The Politico/Morning Consult survey released Friday found that 52 percent of voters support the House's decision to impeach Trump, and 51 percent would support a decision by the Senate to remove him.

Meanwhile, 43 percent said they opposed impeaching Trump and 42 percent said they would oppose his removal.

Like in Congress, voter support for impeachment was largely divided along party lines. Eighty-five percent of Democrats said they approved of impeachment while just 17 percent of Republicans said the same.

Independents were fairly divided, as 48 percent said they approved of the impeachment while 41 percent disapproved of it.

A total of 1,387 registered voters were surveyed between Dec. 19 and 20, which came after the House voted to approve articles of impeachment against Trump this week. The margin of error in their responses is plus or minus three percentage points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/475619-majority-of-voters-are-in-favor-of-trump-impeachment-and-removal-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Majority of voters are in favor of Trump impeachment and removal: poll
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 10:57:19 pm »
I'd like to see the breakdown of this poll...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 11:00:28 pm »
85% of Democrats supported impeachment?

No wonder Nancy pushed it across goal line.

And God help this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:02:52 pm »
I'd like to see the breakdown of this poll...
Politico Poll, no wonder..
Here is the poll....https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000016f-2533-dcf7-a96f-6d3bfee90000

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 11:17:00 pm »
With those kind of numbers McConnel has no choice but to hold a fair and lawful trial.  Just excusing the impeachment isn't going to fly, and politicians just may pay the price.

As a side note I don't think Trump is helping himself tweeting about Putin approval.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:18:12 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2019, 11:22:18 pm »
With those kind of numbers McConnel has no choice but to hold a fair and lawful trial.  Just excusing the impeachment isn't going to fly, and politicians just may pay the price.

As a side note I don't think Trump is helping himself tweeting about Putin approval.

It is in the best interest of this country to conduct a lawful and fair trial.  Keep in mind that along with impeachment articles being sent to the House, Pelosi will send over 'trial managers'.  Roberts is heading the trial.  I don't know how fair of a trial Trump will get.  Certainly the initial impeachment proceedings in the House were horrendous and had no oversight.  He was determined to be guilty the day he took the oath of office.  Did I mention the bogus Russian collusion?  Frightening really.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 11:25:47 pm »
It is in the best interest of this country to conduct a lawful and fair trial.  Keep in mind that along with impeachment articles being sent to the House, Pelosi will send over 'trial managers'.  Roberts is heading the trial.  I don't know how fair of a trial Trump will get.  Certainly the initial impeachment proceedings in the House were horrendous and had no oversight.  He was determined to be guilty the day he took the oath of office.  Did I mention the bogus Russian collusion?  Frightening really.

Is it really?  Mueller report didn't exonerate the President.  Trumps a victim.  We must protect him at all costs because we can't offer up a real Conservative.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2019, 11:29:45 pm »
Here is the poll....https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000016f-2533-dcf7-a96f-6d3bfee90000

Loaded like a babies pampers!  Nice find!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2019, 11:33:31 pm »

Loaded like a babies pampers!  Nice find!
:beer:
1387 our of 350 million are polled and we are supposed to take action on that....  :silly:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2019, 11:41:14 pm »

It doesn't say how many Repubs/Dems
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2019, 11:44:15 pm »
It doesn't say how many Repubs/Dems

It does.  Way way down
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2019, 01:15:42 am »
The telling number in this poll is....

45% were Obama voters in 2012
27% were Romney voters in 2012
An 18% margin...in the actual election there was a 3.86% margin.

While Romney is an idiot, those percentages are thus deeply skewed in favor of the "Left". Its the classic poll that misses a big chunk of Trump voters. Essentially, a push poll.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2019, 01:38:39 am »
I think this may be the same poll.

Poll 43% of Evangelicals Approve of Trumps Removal From Office

https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/21/poll-43-percent-evangelicals-trump-removal-impeachment/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 01:47:41 am »
Just makes you wonder where in America these voters were registered. (which coast?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2019, 02:48:46 am »
Again, this NONSENSE is NO MYSTERY!!!!  Politico cannot be trusted.  It would be like HR Clinton conducting a poll and believing in the results.

After that f*&^ing circus in the House, I strongly believe the Senate does NOT have to have a trial or do nothing but vote to table the entire mess as a bunch of crap.  Pelosi has ZERO sway over the Senate, but I invite her to continue to muscle her way down the path of life and see where that gets her and her commie friends.

I say remove every Democommie next November and send a real message to the idiots in the House.  Why, I am certain there is another Democommie idiot in AOC's and Water's districts that can take their place.  Of course, the street sh*ting morons of Pelosi's district will keep returning her to Congress. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2019, 03:25:23 am »
If this is true, why are the democrats wasting all this time and money? Trump will be out of office 2020..........unless of course it's just more lies and democrat snake oil.